RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-28-2018, 04:33 PM

ariari is on a distinguished road
Default sabertooth controller on eagle dozer problems

Swapped sabertooth 2x12 to eaglemach dozer. Dozer runs fine but when using hydraulics at the same time the sabertooth stops and blinks red error lights but operation continues instantly when I stop using hydraulics.

No problems running pump on idle and dozer, but operating valves makes dozer stop.

I am wondering is this 12 amps too small controller for this machine or what is causing this.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: sabertooth controller on eagle dozer problems

Sounds as if the ESC is having too much power drawn from it, & is going into auto protection mode.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Yeah that sounds like brown out. Are you using the bec in the pump esc, or in the sabertooth? Or are they both hooked up and fighting each other?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Yeah that sounds like brown out. Are you using the bec in the pump esc, or in the sabertooth? Or are they both hooked up and fighting each other?
this has a own standalone bec which powers the receiver and servos, brushless motor and esc on a hydraulic pump and sabertooth on driver motors.

there is a rail where battery is connected and where these 3x esc, sound module and BEC gets power. directly from battery so I don't get why hydraulics interfere with sabertooth (which has no problem moving dozer around without hydraulics)

I need some spoon feeding on this. 3S 30C lipo in use so there should be enough juice coming.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:53 PM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road

I have had problems with them due to electrical noise from cheap brushed motors. Adding caps to suppress the noise helped a bit but not a perfect solution. When i upgraded the motors on my diecast dozer the problem disappeared and i didnt even need the caps.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:04 PM

Yard Toad is on a distinguished road

Ariari not sure if your dozer came with a stand alone ubec rated for 5v-6v 3amp. It’s the one with the wires that are wrapped around the green ferrite ring. My came stock it is what I use to power receiver and all upgrade digital servos. Disconnect the pump and motors red wire at the Servo plugs going into the receiver. Plug in the ubec into the receiver ( Servo plug only has two wires red black). This will power everything.

The specs for the Sabertooth show that the bec only puts out one amp.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:26 PM

Ariari one more thing make sure you disconnect the red wires from the two channels that you are wiring into the Sabertooth. Looks like ground from ch-1 and ch-2 go into the far left. Ch-1 signal wire to s1 and ch-2 signal wire to s2 no red wires to the middle terminal on the Sabertooth if using the external ubec.

Last edited by Yard Toad; 01-29-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:02 PM

Thank you! I never thought this issue even my kid asked why these wires are cut off in another escs...

I also spent all day thinking whats wrong with my radio and receiver channel 1 until I realized this stand alone BEC was plugged in CH1/PPM port on the receiver end even it has this own port for power... (flysky i6s and ia10b)

Do you remember how it is your dozer?
Old 01-29-2018, 03:25 PM

I had the same radio and receiver until this weekend, but if I remember correctly my ubec was plugged into the port labeled b/vcc. It really doesn't matter which open channel its plugged in as long as its not one of your control channels 1-4.