RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 04-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry It was going good until...

Well the weather was very nice today, no wind, no humidity, and about 71 degrees. Perfect painting weather. So I decided to paint the fenders on the "SLUMLORD" and trailer. Started to lay down the paint, and everything went well. I got done came inside waiting a little over an hour before bringing the fenders in. I went to get them, and from a distance they looked pretty good. Up on closer inspection I got Very PO'd. A bird decided to use two of the fenders for a toilet. One fender the mess came off without ruining the paint, but the other you can see where mr. bird droppings were. So now repaint, just another thing to slow me down getting done for Indy. But this will not beat me, I will win.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: It was going good until...

John, i know it aint funny, but if it aint the birds, its the GNATS!

Rob
Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_farmer View Post
John, i know it aint funny, but if it aint the birds, its the GNATS!
Well Rob, I can laugh about it now. And you are right, gnats are an issue, but right now I haven't had any to bother me...but it is early in the season though. I sprayed my Scania roof again, and just as soon as I was done, I brought it in. No more poo...

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

Fwiw, I had this problem quite a bit when I built static models. And its frustrating as ****
My solution: I made an acrylic box 4'(L) x 4'(W) x 2'(H) (1.2192m x 1.2192m x 0.6096m) with 1 3/4" (4.445cm)
holes drilled in top & sides with 3" (7.62cm) disks mounted 1/8" (0.3175cm) outside the holes.

But there's the problem of gnats which I didn't have (live in a desert) but I bet you could tape some of the paper coffee filters to the inside of the openings it would probably work... just an idea

Top makes a good work area if ya lay a board over it and side can be customized for hand tool storage with the clips for hanging a rake on the wall too
Old 11-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe25 View Post
Fwiw, I had this problem quite a bit when I built static models. And its frustrating as ****
My solution: I made an acrylic box 4'(L) x 4'(W) x 2'(H) (1.2192m x 1.2192m x 0.6096m) with 1 3/4" (4.445cm)
holes drilled in top & sides with 3" (7.62cm) disks mounted 1/8" (0.3175cm) outside the holes.

But there's the problem of gnats which I didn't have (live in a desert) but I bet you could tape some of the paper coffee filters to the inside of the openings it would probably work... just an idea

Top makes a good work area if ya lay a board over it and side can be customized for hand tool storage with the clips for hanging a rake on the wall too
Thank you Joe25, I may build something, but I would like to be able to fold it up when I was done for the day or take it a part. I should be able to figure something out.

Big John

Old 11-18-2014, 09:46 PM

Joe25 is on a distinguished road

Couple piano hinges should suffice there, rubber gasket along top with a latch... and please Joe is fine