RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 AM

Henry54 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gravel boxes for your King Hauler

Hello I would like to know if you have any dump trailers for sell ? If so do you have pitures of them where I can see
Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry54 View Post
Hello I would like to know if you have any dump trailers for sell ? If so do you have pitures of them where I can see
Currently I do not have any trailers in stock and I am focused on building custom orders. If you are interested in having one custom built I can put you on the wait list.

Reg
Old 07-21-2017, 12:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
What's the purpose of the spill plate?... hauling moist dirt, it'll interfere with the tailgate closing & the door won't lock
It's as asphault apron, it prevents the hot mix from damaging the rear of teh truck while dumping into the paving hopper. we use those a LOT here in Washington state for our paving projects. Ours have rubber sides, instead of metal, so they will flex a bit, if they encounter an obstacle, rather then tear up the apron.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

During this winter, since it'll slow down for us that work for companies that primarily pave, in WA state, I plan to build a King hauler, & customize it to a dump truck. What would be the cost, to have you fab a dump bed that's a SUPER SOLO box? I'd like said box to be equipped with hydraulic arms for the rear Axle, AKA MAXLE, &/or STRONG ARM, depending what company manufactured it.

Here in Washington State, we can legally gross 82,000 on 7 axle super dumps, versus the 65,500 with a conventional 3 axle truck. The alternative, 105,500 with a truck & pup combination that has 8 axles, netting around 32ish tons of product. Since the SUPER DUMPS can generally net 24-25ish tons of product, NOT have to drop & hook a trailer each round to dump asphalt into the paver, & can do 3 round trips to the truck & pup's 2 rounds, they make sense for companies here.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I can send pictures, & measurements, if you need them for the build
Old 07-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The 3 axle trucks can net, legally between 14.75-16 tons, depending upon the tare weight. I forgot to put that into the comparison above.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I just looked at a few pictures of this contraption and it's definitely complicated. I'm not sure if I would even want to tackle it honestly as it looks like it would take a ton of hours to get it all working. I think finding a dollar figure that made us both happy would be difficult on this one. It would be a one of a kind build though that's for sure.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I just looked at a few pictures of this contraption and it's definitely complicated. I'm not sure if I would even want to tackle it honestly as it looks like it would take a ton of hours to get it all working. I think finding a dollar figure that made us both happy would be difficult on this one. It would be a one of a kind build though that's for sure.
It looks like a fun challenge to build, but the hydraulics on the Maxle would be a nightmare and most likely a mess.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
It looks like a fun challenge to build, but the hydraulics on the Maxle would be a nightmare and most likely a mess.
Is this something you'd consider taking on as a custom build?

I DON'T have the appropriate tools to do that kind of work. I WISH I had the room to stuff COOL tools like brakes, rollers, lathe, CNC, & a welder that is capable of welding aluminum, but I just don't have room in the tiny garage space I have. If I had a welder capable of welding on aluminum, I might could try my hand at it, but I don't.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:34 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Shoot me a ballpark estimate via PM, &/or E-mail, if you'd like. I just may take you up on an offer. I know that this would be a P.I.T.A. to build, & require many man hours. If not this project, perhaps you'd entertain the though of a transfer trailer, & custom Trk box to go with it. Here's a link to a BAD day driving a transfer truck. The trailer tub is SUPPOSE to slide right into the back of the Trk box, either in, or out SMOOTHLY. The transfer chain on the trailer, that makes it all function is stretched, & binding while the operator tried to make it transfer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVZj-qnx1A
Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The drive for the trailer chain could be driven via a servo, much like you Bruder D11 Cat conversion.

Either the transfer trailer, & CUSTOM Trk box to match it, or the SUPER DUMP, I'd be highly interested in, as I drive both, depending the day &/or job we will be doing that shift. I also drive the 7, &/or 8 axle Trk & pup combinations, as well depending the jobsite we are working at. Occasionally some Side dump work is in my week too.