RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks

Big Boys of the road 4x4/6x6/8x8/10x10 Trucks This forum is for those multiple axle trucks and other vehicles on and off road.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RELIANCE MERCURY 8001

WOW i thought the brass version was killer looking then i read you scrapped it to do styrene and im speachless with the results! You have some really good talent on custom builds!! Great job!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM

dadandlad is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your kind comments boys

Quote:
I work for a major Airline is that the Push back tug for the 747 and 777 aircraft it looks for familiar
Yes you are correct it was originally designed for the 747 or wide bodied aircraft
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Apprentice

Finster is on a distinguished road

Very unique build and I'm really surprised you started completely over with the body. Both versions look awesome. Looks like this would also be a good start for an APC from the movie "Aliens". http://fireballtim.com/wp-content/up...11/12/APC1.jpg
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM

dadandlad is on a distinguished road

Cheers Finster
You are correct it would be a good start for the Aliens APC,the APC was built from a de-ballasted ex British Airways Douglas DC12 air tug.
They removed approx 35 tons from the tug and the power station where the filming was done had to have the floor reinforced to carry the weight as it still weighed approx 35 ton
Douglas was one of our main competitors at the the time and later on we merged into one big group.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I completely over looked this build. It's really nice to see something like this! Totally different, and unique. I like it a lot. I can't believe you scrapped the brass body. I would think the weight would be ideal for a model like this. The heavier the better. The more it would be a brute of a puller. I can't see the weight taxing the drivetrain either. Those TLT-1 axles should handle it just fine. The internals are tough too. Shame you didn't stick with the brass body! Nothing looks like metal, as well as brass does, when it's painted up.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

that push tractor is really nice. great detail in your build! lot of work in the brass but this looks just as good or even better in my book!

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.