RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 11-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magom Brushless Pump

Thanks for all the info. I was going to buy that pump for my excavator. But was wondering what I was like.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:27 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Well...let's be happy none got hurt by exploding tanks. Version 1.2, come along.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Green Horn

Kausekaos is on a distinguished road

That same pump comes with there new track loader right? Just asking because I was considering it, and this will be my first time messing with hydraulics and concerned about running into te same issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I don't think that pump comes with the track loader. I doubt it would even fit.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 AM
Wannabe

Loader comes with the smaller pump (as shown in the webshop), a copy of the original german Leimbach setup.
As with tools, hydraulics and many sorts of mechanical equipment..quality costs...'If you don't got a rich daddy..: get one.. Or save some more months and buy stuff that works out of the box.
The loader looks nice, and runs quick on the videoes I've seen. Just use it as long as the hydraulics last, then upgrade to better components as the original stuff starts leaking/break. That pump setup looks like the same as many in my area use for their Tamiya/Carson semi dumpers, converted from mechanical to hydraulic. Seams to be working alright and looks pretty leakage free.

Last edited by Rimrock; 11-06-2015 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:25 AM

Digger_Bear is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob,

I had another thought about the pump setup. I'm thinking about setting my system up so the pump only operates at same time as the valve servo therefore the pump won't run when no demand and should hopefully stop excessive pressure in that pipe between the pump and valve block.

I'm still trying to figure out how to program my radio to achieve this and yet to try so will let you know how it effects performance with any delay etc.

Ian.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

rimrock is dead on the money, quality parts the first time
china kat was cheaper then the 4wd. BUT now i'm buying all
new hydros so in the end it will cost me the same... this pump is next on my list of replacement parts
Old 11-08-2015, 03:18 AM

astecme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Sorry link doesn't work, goto premacon, service, page 2 , first thing, it's in German but secamatic is viewable and legend is in English.
link needs .html on the end. http://www.premacon.com/index.php/en...-premacon.html

Last edited by astecme; 11-08-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:31 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger_Bear View Post
Hi Rob,

I had another thought about the pump setup. I'm thinking about setting my system up so the pump only operates at same time as the valve servo therefore the pump won't run when no demand and should hopefully stop excessive pressure in that pipe between the pump and valve block.

I'm still trying to figure out how to program my radio to achieve this and yet to try so will let you know how it effects performance with any delay etc.

Ian.
You are on the right mind-set there regarding pump set-up. At a fair in Germany recently my curios friend discusses pump set-up both with Fumotec, Premacon and Wedico. They all recommended to mix the pump speed regulator with the valve servos. One should however not let the pump stop totally when none of the valves was operated, but just let the pump speed down to a minimum, idle at like 5-10% of full speed. (There can be a main on/off switch on the radio for stopping the pump when resting for several minutes naturally) If fully stopping the pump one would get delays, higher power consummation, higher risk of air in the system. Further on one adjusted the pump speed to e.g 40% when 1 valve got engaged, and e.g 70% when 2 valve engaged simultaneous, and then like 100% in case of 3 valves operating. The point of the mixing was to have all cylinders moving with similar speed regardless of 1 or 3 cylinders operating. In the model world we naturally used fixed volume pumps, while in the real machines nowadays the pumps are variable volume, and one can operate several valves and more or less keep the same speed of the cylinders.

Last edited by Rimrock; 11-08-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 AM

Digger_Bear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
You are on the right mind-set there regarding pump set-up. At a fair in Germany recently my curios friend discusses pump set-up both with Fumotec, Premacon and Wedico. They all recommended to mix the pump speed regulator with the valve servos. One should however not let the pump stop totally when none of the valves was operated, but just let the pump speed down to a minimum, idle at like 5-10% of full speed. (There can be a main on/off switch on the radio for stopping the pump when resting for several minutes naturally) If fully stopping the pump one would get delays, higher power consummation, higher risk of air in the system. Further on one adjusted the pump speed to e.g 40% when 1 valve got engaged, and e.g 70% when 2 valve engaged simultaneous, and then like 100% in case of 3 valves operating. The point of the mixing was to have all cylinders moving with similar speed regardless of 1 or 3 cylinders operating. In the model world we naturally used fixed volume pumps, while in the real machines nowadays the pumps are variable volume, and one can operate several valves and more or less keep the same speed of the cylinders.
That is good to know. I did overlook the idle speed so thanks for reminding me.

Now does anyone know how to program that into a turnigy 9xr pro? I've tried adding mix to pump channel but it seems proportional to the servo where off centre adds to the pump speed but other way it subtracts.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
That is good to know. I did overlook the idle speed so thanks for reminding me.

Now does anyone know how to program that into a turnigy 9xr pro? I've tried adding mix to pump channel but it seems proportional to the servo where off centre adds to the pump speed but other way it subtracts.
You got to get your "+" & "-" 100% in the right order. If both are +, then one of them needs to be -.

Joe
Old 11-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Rob,

Ian.
I am using a 10g from Airtronics. I have the pump mixed with the valves so it only runs when demand is there.

I also turned the pump down to about 10-15%. I didn't know all this before you guys chimed in. Really appreciate the help.

Rob

Last edited by rc_farmer; 11-11-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: more info to post
Old 11-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

glad you got everything sorted! i just ordered this pump last night
now with new pump,valvebody,tank and cylinders lets hope the kat
digs this year