RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 05-29-2016, 01:57 AM

Anyspy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

Replaced a servo in mine for the bucket
After 2years of running
Old 05-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Yes , Rc4wd will go out of there way to help you at least they did with me, you just need to be patient.
To be very truthful with you I have not seen a company provide me with Excellent service like RC4WD, especially inside and outside the USA.
Premacon has just s+_@#$ on me with there service, TTM in Germany and RCBM are very good also.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Premacon has done you wrong ? I've ordered from TTM in the past but communication was non-existent but I did received my order. I've never personally had any issues that wasn't taken care of by RC4WD, I was getting wary that they were pawning off old stock as current models but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:57 PM
Apprentice

TheBennyB is on a distinguished road

Other than the 4200 I've never had an issue with rc4wd as well. Think the heavy construction stuff is still out of their wheel house though. For all my emails and claims on this it has been very basic responses with the old "send a pic." Yes I get my part, but with no technical response or action that they may take to improve or correct in the future. I completely understand this a cheap "clone" entry level excavator in the realm of this hobby so I take most of this adventure with a grain of salt. Overall it's still not a bad rig for the price point, but I DO know i'm not the first or last customer that will have trouble with the 4200xl which is a bit disappointing.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Apprentice

So the 4200xl is labeled as being built by JD customs as we know. I've done a basic search and found nothing, anyone know of them? i've missed something and maybe they are known fabricators/model builders? Or maybe just a front? I'd love to go straight to them with questions.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wink Re: RC4WD 4200XL models and nomenclature?

You've been speaking with them all along lol Tang is a customer rep. for Eagle Machinery a.k.a. JD customs. Have any questions just email him.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:50 AM
Apprentice

Ha Ha, awesome! Had no idea. Thanks for informing this newbie, Farmer. You think he's on the floor at all or just a rep?

Last edited by TheBennyB; 05-30-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

All good it's what were here for!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:54 AM

schmoking is on a distinguished road

these guys have a weird way of doing buisness...
they drop the price of their product, at the same time they "upgrade" it with a "new" and "improved" valveblock... (not even bothering to mention anything about it in their advertisement) how nice of them.
strange that they still would sell the old valveblock as an upgrade to this new one tho...

anyways.. if they wont give you the 4 valveblock, i recomend you dont buy it. if your block starts leaking then go for another manufacterer, i think premacon has a 3 way block for around 250 eur.
and maybe look into another motor and esc.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:58 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoking View Post
these guys have a weird way of doing buisness...
they drop the price of their product, at the same time they "upgrade" it with a "new" and "improved" valveblock... (not even bothering to mention anything about it in their advertisement) how nice of them.
strange that they still would sell the old valveblock as an upgrade to this new one tho...

anyways.. if they wont give you the 4 valveblock, i recomend you dont buy it. if your block starts leaking then go for another manufacterer, i think premacon has a 3 way block for around 250 eur.
and maybe look into another motor and esc.
Yea, that's my thinkn as well. Keep playing till something busts, then fix, replace, or upgrade a system.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Premacon has done you wrong ? I've ordered from TTM in the past but communication was non-existent but I did received my order. I've never personally had any issues that wasn't taken care of by RC4WD, I was getting wary that they were pawning off old stock as current models but that doesn't seem to be the case.
After one year I recieved my 960, first thing wrong the cab was not glued together correctly, and instead of sending me another cab they told me to send mine back, they would fix it. Well I would like to enjoy the machine since I waited one year for it, and you would think they would quality check it before sending a $12000.00 + machine out.

I later ordered about $300.00 of accesories, don't believe there ship dates on there web site, they said two weeks for shipment, two month's later still no parts. Just had them send my money back, with a paypal loss of fees on my account. They just keep giving you excuses, we will ship next week, and the same story every week.

Can understand when problems can occur, but be up front with me, they were not. I think they may just care about there European customers, I don't know?
Old 05-30-2016, 10:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I think that's messed up to treat a customer like that! Communication and service is key to a company's survival. After you purchasing one of their machines and having to wait for delivery on parts that never showed...that's awefully crummy! Wouldn't have thought these issues would arise with the German companies models for the price your paying not to mention having to wait a year for Premacon to build it!
Old 06-17-2016, 07:02 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
After one year I recieved my 960, first thing wrong the cab was not glued together correctly, and instead of sending me another cab they told me to send mine back, they would fix it. Well I would like to enjoy the machine since I waited one year for it, and you would think they would quality check it before sending a $12000.00 + machine out.

I later ordered about $300.00 of accesories, don't believe there ship dates on there web site, they said two weeks for shipment, two month's later still no parts. Just had them send my money back, with a paypal loss of fees on my account. They just keep giving you excuses, we will ship next week, and the same story every week.

Can understand when problems can occur, but be up front with me, they were not. I think they may just care about there European customers, I don't know?
Everyone can do mistakes, but would expect Premacon to deal with the matter with the cab in a bit more 'smooth' way once the mistake was discovered..) With 1 year delivery time, it might just tells that they are quite stressed out..Been launching several new models the last couple of years, been getting a bit more orders than expected, and not hired/trained enough technicians..? Anyway, see that Fumotec also have 1 year waiting time now, and guess THS(Volvo) are about the same. There all busy enogh it seams, but that's naturally no good reason for not giving good customer service.. I've been ordering hydraulic parts from Premacon through the years, and yeah, I would say they might not be among the fastest when it comes to customer service and shipping..that's just they way it is) I don't know, lack of people, composition of the people in customer and service department...Took like 6 weeks once before my order was being expedited, compared usually to 'just' 2 weeks) A secretary was pregnant and had stopped working, somebody else at holiday, some sick at home and so on..Alright, but high quality parts, they are good with the technical stuff, orders have arrived at last, so I just take in mind some weeks delivery time when ordering..)

Last edited by Rimrock; 06-17-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:20 AM

JDToumanian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
With the new valve block they should update the 4200 to version 2.0. Would help clear things up for customers wondering if they have the correct parts for their version.
I believe they took your advice on this... I just got my 4200XL version 2.0, I couldn't pass up the current sale price ($1792). It has the improved 3-valve block, sprung idlers, and different ESCs than I have seen before. No cooling fans either. The pump seems quieter than in YouTube videos I've seen, and contrary to what RC4WD's site still says, the tracks are cast aluminum, not carbon steel.

I'm quite pleased, it worked flawlessly right out of the box... No issues or complaints so far.

Jon
Old 07-01-2016, 03:30 AM
Wannabe

Efroeh is on a distinguished road

That's great news I'm waiting for mine to come in and hope I have the same results as yours.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Eagle machinery and it's dealers are depleting their stock of the current excavator for the arrival of the true 2.0 version soon to be released. Kind of confusing I know.

Old 07-01-2016, 06:57 AM

Wow, that looks great! I suspected a newer model might be in the works, as Eagle's loader and bulldozer make the 4200 look rather plain, but I bet the new excavator won't be $1792. I plan to modify my 4200 to make it look like a Hitachi Zaxis 470LCH, so if I end up having saved money buying the less detailed model, I'll still be pleased.

Jon
Old 07-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDToumanian View Post
Wow, that looks great! I suspected a newer model might be in the works, as Eagle's loader and bulldozer make the 4200 look rather plain, but I bet the new excavator won't be $1792. I plan to modify my 4200 to make it look like a Hitachi Zaxis 470LCH, so if I end up having saved money buying the less detailed model, I'll still be pleased.

Jon
Yeah Eagle states they will sell the new excavator at cost price 1790$
https://eaglemach.en.alibaba.com/pro...0_Version.html

"EAGLE JD-1 1/12 RC Hydraulic Excavator already released for five years,we appreciate customers who walk together with us during these five years,especially the customers who gave us advice and idea to improve our products,thus,as an thanksgiving to our customers,this version which carries many customers' memories,will be sell at cost price only,which is US$1790,comparing to previous US$2699.

Meanwhile,after listening to many customers' opinion,we decide to upgrade an full brushless,more scale and detailed new version rc hydraulic excavator,which prototype on Volve machine,we called it EAGLE JD-X 1/14 RC Hydraulic Excavator 2.0 version,we started this project around 8 months ago,which pictures without painting is as below,but main technical datas we shall publish later,estimated release date of this machine is June,2016.

Thank you very much for our customers' attention,we will constantly work hard to provide our dear customers an affordable,but high performance and detailed hydraulic model,thank you all!"
Old 07-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDToumanian View Post
I believe they took your advice on this... I just got my 4200XL version 2.0, I couldn't pass up the current sale price ($1792). It has the improved 3-valve block, sprung idlers, and different ESCs than I have seen before. No cooling fans either. The pump seems quieter than in YouTube videos I've seen, and contrary to what RC4WD's site still says, the tracks are cast aluminum, not carbon steel.

I'm quite pleased, it worked flawlessly right out of the box... No issues or complaints so far.

Jon
Interesting, mine has all that but still has a cooling fan on the brushless pump motor ESC.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah Eagle states they will sell the new excavator at cost price 1790$

"EAGLE JD-1 1/12 RC Hydraulic Excavator already released for five years,we appreciate customers who walk together with us during these five years,especially the customers who gave us advice and idea to improve our products,thus,as an thanksgiving to our customers,this version which carries many customers' memories,will be sell at cost price only,which is US$1790,comparing to previous US$2699.

Meanwhile,after listening to many customers' opinion,we decide to upgrade an full brushless,more scale and detailed new version rc hydraulic excavator,which prototype on Volve machine,we called it EAGLE JD-X 1/14 RC Hydraulic Excavator 2.0 version,we started this project around 8 months ago,which pictures without painting is as below,but main technical datas we shall publish later,estimated release date of this machine is June,2016."
I think you may be misunderstanding Eagle's posting there... The way I read the first paragraph, is that they are thanking customers for their support and suggestions, so they are getting rid of the older model... "this version which carries many customers' memories", at the lower price of $1790.

The second paragraph... MEANWHILE (meaning while they're getting rid of the old model) they have introduced this NEW model, pictured below, to be released later.

There is no indication that the new model will be at the sale price of the old model.