RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: dose anyone sell a package kit?

Compared to the high end stuff like leimbach,scale art, vario, etc. it's not even in the same ball park. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Most guys here will knock it because they have run or bought the better stuff and it is by far better than these. I have never run a higher end setup myself but I'm sure they are top notch. I have run one of these setups and again it was nice for what it was,but with nothing to compare to hydro wise I dunno, I do have firgellis like you and know they are very limited compared to this kit. I was impressed with it but it was only a one time use. I personally can't speak for long term use and abuse but I'm sure if you searched the threads here and on scale and Pmd the guys that do have them you could get better info on them.

I'd say that you won't find anything near it for the pricing, or for what your wanting/willing to pay. It will outperform the firgellis and it will beat a pneumatic system as well. You can keep scouring the web looking for complete systems, but you'll be very hard to find any.

Unless you want to keep saving for the higher end stuff I'd upgrade to it. Or you could wait for me to come through, I will be buying one of these at some point but do not know when with home remodeling and new baby coming and all.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 PM

rson123 is on a distinguished road

I'm right there with you guys as far as budget. It's hard to justify $7k-$10k on one unit, although if I won the lottery, I would by a full fleet of them! I've been researching options for months now and reached two options w/i budget.

I have the Hydraulic modified CAT 320 Excavator with sound and lights from http://www.magomhrc.com/en/cat-320/5...idraulica.html sitting in a cart for ~$1k USD and a Bruder "toy" Cat from Amazon for 60 bucks waiting to be converted.

I think I'm going for the conversion with plans to use continuous servos for the drive and turn-table and firgelli actuators for the boom thanks to all the great build threads out there...

We'll see how it goes, but I suspect I will end up close to 500 bucks and probably still not as good (or Bar > 10) as those offered by Magom.

Thanks for your posts guys, good to know I'm not alone in making this decision. I hope I'm making the right one
Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 PM

rson123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Oh sorry I thought you were using these to convert a bruder for some reason. I feel like a dip s*** now. You may want a little more power then. Why dont you buy a decent pump and valves and then use air cylinders. You can buy them for around $20 each from places like McMaster Carr or Automation Direct.
RCP57, if you happen by this thread again, I would love to see a build showing the pump and values in use with the air cylinders f/automation you suggested. I've searched everywhere, but cannot find a Bruder Cat conversion using air cylinders...

I like the idea of Air versus hydraulics or electric, but clueless about how the components would go together and expected Bar.

Thank in advance.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Im pretty sure Reg ment to use cheaper air cyclinders with hydrauil fluid ..Using air would make the system spungy and high pressure would make things move way too quickley ..I bought some of these clippard cylinders and using them on my ADT and dozer ..been a few years and no seals are leaking ..Rclogger has been using robarts cycinders for some of his builds as well and I just ordered a couple from tower for a project I have going now ..Tower seems to sell them cheaper then robarts site ..strange
Old 08-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road

oh sorry this is a old topic, and telling what i ended up doing , sorry about that