RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road
Default Demag TC 500 truck crane in scale 1/24

Demag TC 500 truck crane in scale 1/24

Now that the LTM1800 is more or less finished it is time for a new project. I have been thinking about which crane to built for quite a while and I actually started with some parts a few months ago. Before deciding to actually build this crane. It is a German built Demag crane on a Faun carrier and was produced in the late 70’s. There are still some around, one at Inland Crane hire in in Idaho.
On this page you can see the TC500 ready for action: http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/...dge-replacment
Van Seumeren also had a few: https://www.flickr.com/photos/73498813@N02/6641955839/

The Demag TC500 is the successor of the TC400 and is basically the same crane, just a few reinforcements and more counterweight and is rated at 125 metric tons capacity.
Here two pictures, one from the back of a leaflet and the other taken by myself. I will build the version with the very low-line carrier cab.

Here are two pictures of the rims:

The tires come again from the All American Toy Company.

At the moment I am working on the drive axles, which is a challenge, because space is very limited. I decided to completely build the axles myself. Pictures will follow.

Kerst