RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1/16 Bucyrus-Monighan Walking Dragline

Well I took some time this weekend to strip old wiring from the 1:1 controls to start my modification.

These interesting transformer things are called "Inductors" I found this out from a dragline electrician. These take 110VAC in then put out a variable voltage up to around 30VAC. These are not going to work for the DX7 Transmitter.
Pretty cool to fool around with. I hooked one up and rotated the coil with my fingers and the magnetic field increased along with the voltage output the further I turned.

I decided to unhook one of the pots on the DX7 and reconnect the wires to a 5K pot that is mounted to the bottom of another controller I have.
Well it worked! I tried it on one of my RC trucks and my dragline switch work very well. I ordered some more 5K pots to mount to my controlls now and hope to get them to work on my dragline.