RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2013, 02:27 PM

Northwoods Timber toter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: KW Daycab "Pipe Dream"

Hey Bigrigger,

Benn reading your post. The issue with the putty is the prep in the surface you are putting it on. It has to be really clean especially being plastic. When they make plastic parts, even sheeting they use a product call mold release. It keeps the plastic from sticking in the molds. The plastics will absorb this stuff and make it a pain to work with. I the shop I used to work at we used a prep wipe, but deionized alcohol works well too. Also, go you can go to your local automotive paint store or even a local Autobody shop to find a product called "Adhesion Promoter" there a few different companies that make it. 3m is the most popular, but it's a little on the expensive side. One can would last a whole lot of builds!! That's why try a body shop, they might toss you a can that has a little left in for next to nothing or for free, Free is good!! Also with the putty, as long as your following the recommended mix rate you should be good, but general rule of thumb for glazing putties is 1' hardener for golf ball size of putty. Mixed a lot of putty in my Collision repair days!! : )

Love the build keep up the good work!!