RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default First build ,cat D11

Hey guys I'm new here and have been a long time rc enthusiast. Mostly devoted to 100mph+ rc boats. I've always wanted to have a dozer but none commercially produced. So after adding a mill and lathe I can finally build my childhood dream. I use to watch my dad clearing ground on an old pony motor for starter, cable system for blade and scraper D11 or something that size. I don't know what cat model he had but it was old and I was young But I am stepping up to modern day and want to build a new d11.
I have no real idea of what I'm doing but have been gathering info and watching, lurking, on some sites. I'm currently gathering metals and supplies for the build. I need some help for drive system. I'm building scale 1:14 or 1:16, something along lines of the scale big rigs. I think I want to be at 12volts, right angle drives around 25 rpm? Where can I get geared drive motors? Anybody use brushless rock crawler motors/esc and gearbox? Would they be strong enough? Or stick with the brushed worm drive motors I see others using? Where to get them?
So last couple days I have been playing with making tracks, these are just some to get an idea of how to mill them and making some jigs to make them repetitive and easier. And where do you all get the small hex head bolts? Scale looking, as I would like this to look fairly real. This will be made with the intentions of being used and abused. Working around the rc truck track. And I will be using hydraulics. Probably purchase pump but make rotary valves and cylinders.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.6 KB, 312 views)