RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members A place to introduce yourself to the membership.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 PM

mitch256 is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Alberta!

Hey everyone,

My names Mitch, I'm originally from Vancouver island, though I know live just north of Edmonton. Been reading here for awhile now finally starting to make this jump into this hobby! There's so much information here its a lot to learn, could spend days reading. I do have a couple questions, where is my best place in the Alberta area for hobby shops? And where are some one line stores to look at that do ship to Canada? I'm sure it's a simple answer and I'm just having one of those moments.

Thanks, Mitch
Old 09-23-2014, 01:22 AM

kevmeister is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from Alberta!

Mitch; I live in Cold Lake and have found Great Hobbies to be a very good place to shop for R.C. stuff. Hobby Wholesale is another good place to shop for R.C. Hobby Alley is another good place that comes to mind. I finally made it to P.M. Hobbycraft in Calgary this last September. all of these places have online stores and free shipping (with minimum purchase amounts). the first 3 places are in Edmonton and last one has 2 stores in Calgary.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Mitch Glad you wanted to come and play with us.. Enjoy the site and the hobby.. All the after market members hear on the site will send there items to you in Canada...

Wayne
Old 09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Mitch,you should move to Toronto, lots of hobby stores,not enough people for the club.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain Jack View Post
Mitch,you should move to Toronto, lots of hobby stores,not enough people for the club.
I think he should move back to the island! We really need more people here!lol

All joking aside Mitch, it is great to have another Canadian on the forum. It seems like hobby is catching on north of the boarder finally and I think that will slowly increase the amount of accessible goods for us at local shops. If you are ever looking for gear motors or other robotic type stuff for a scratch build, Robot Shop out of Quebec has a decent selection and pricing. If you ever need a dump box let me know!lol

Reg
Old 09-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Acadieman is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard!

Great Hobbies has been around forever. The first store was in PEI and was called East Coast Model Center. Prices have always been competitive with the US suppliers, and service has been good. I've been dealing with them since 1991.

I also bought parts from Fingertech Robotics, but you can get their parts from Robotshop as well.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
I think he should move back to the island! We really need more people here!lol

All joking aside Mitch, it is great to have another Canadian on the forum. It seems like hobby is catching on north of the boarder finally and I think that will slowly increase the amount of accessible goods for us at local shops. If you are ever looking for gear motors or other robotic type stuff for a scratch build, Robot Shop out of Quebec has a decent selection and pricing. If you ever need a dump box let me know!lol

Reg
I've been meaning to take a trip back there, but I'm just coming to the end of trade school for this year, and then I'd rather not drive the Coquihalla in the winter again, so it'll probably be a spring trip! I do miss commercial fishing though, did it for far too long! I'd like to eventually make a rc model of the boat I grew up on but that's probably a bit over my head at this point! Time will tell!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch256 View Post
I've been meaning to take a trip back there, but I'm just coming to the end of trade school for this year, and then I'd rather not drive the Coquihalla in the winter again, so it'll probably be a spring trip! I do miss commercial fishing though, did it for far too long! I'd like to eventually make a rc model of the boat I grew up on but that's probably a bit over my head at this point! Time will tell!
Sounds like we have more in common than just this hobby! At least you were smart enough to leave commercial fishing behind...Me not so much...

What kind of fishing did you do and from where? I may know the boat you were on. You should build a model of the boat some day. It's really is not as difficult as you may think. Much easier than scratch building an excavator or truck I can assure you!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Sounds like we have more in common than just this hobby! At least you were smart enough to leave commercial fishing behind...Me not so much...

What kind of fishing did you do and from where? I may know the boat you were on. You should build a model of the boat some day. It's really is not as difficult as you may think. Much easier than scratch building an excavator or truck I can assure you!
Yeah! The boat was named La Barka, blue and white trolley, we fished the inside waters, never west coast or charrlottes. The boat was in our family my whole life up until recently, it was smart to get out when I did, but not a day goes by that I don't miss it! I read through you boat builds, fantastic job! Now I know who to ask when I start that one!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:59 PM

heavybed is on a distinguished road

Hello I am in Calgary and we have a big scaler 4x4 clubs but not many semi or construction r/c people.
Action Hobby in Calgary is a great hobby shop Doug and Donette are great people
Old 09-28-2014, 12:37 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum .there is an abundance of info and pictures and guys and gals to help you with any questions you may have about something ,don't be shy...no question is stupid and insignificant .we are a huge family here spanning the world so there is not much that someone on here doesn't know about.also be sure to post pics of your builds when you start to build ...we love pics...