RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Angry G.T.POWER sound and light unit.

A friend of mine gave me a G.T.POWER light and sound unit to mess with so I got it out today and hooked it up. I hate to say it but he wasted $80. First the sound is just awful as for the lights it only has the capability of 4 cab lights without modification and yes you could add more lights, thought I had better say that before somebody has a fit and had to post it. There are only 2 ports for the head lights so you would have to add in the fog lights. It incorporates a three position switch to toggle between shifting/engine on off and horn/lights on off and hazards. If you run the shift through the module each bump of the stick is a shift up or down. I like having my shift on a 3 pos switch and I know just by looking as to what gear I am in but not with the module. Over all in my opinion it is not worth the money and it is a perfect example of you get what you pay for. With some additions of lights that would solve that problem but it still won’t fix the awful sound quality. For the guy just getting started who expects all of the lights to be there and does not have the ability to add lights he will be disappointed. This is not the quality expected for a replacement light and sound unit when it is compared to an MFU.

This is just my opinion of this system if you like it then great I am glad for you.
Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: G.T.POWER sound and light unit.

Here is a youtube video and you can heare the sound for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxu...ature=youtu.be

Travis

Old 10-18-2015, 08:08 PM

Prodrvr2006 is on a distinguished road

Well that sucks, I already bought one but hasn't arrived yet.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Bummer. I had a few close listens to that video a while back when someone posted it. I didn't like what I was hearing but it's hard to tell sometimes on videos like that. Thanks for posting your opinion Travis. I'm sure it will save people some money down the road.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Out of control

I guess if youwere doing a 1/10 scale mid 80's Ford diesl pick up build it would'nt be to bad.

So far the best sound units I have heard are the ones from RC4WD and rcmin that are both knock offs of the Servonaught SMX. The sound and light units from cross are pretty good as welll and the sound is similar to an SMX plus the sound unit is $80.

I have the RC4WD and cross sound sytems and I am happy with them.

Travis

Old 10-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the rcbinm one in the grand hauler and can hear it
half way down the block.. just wish gt power did a real tractor kit
Old 10-23-2015, 07:03 PM

Prodrvr2006 is on a distinguished road

fhhhstix...can you tell me how the input/output gets hooked up? I understand all the lights, power supply, vibrating motor and horn. I'm confused as to what goes where on the input/output. Thanks!!