RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

Getting back in to the grind again...not going to build for a bit but will get back to running the machines..This weekend we are going to head to the Antique truck show at mcleans mill in port alberni..come on out and have some fun you Vancouver island boys..Try and get some pics up after the weekend.cheers lou
Old 09-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Green Horn

Vanisle is on a distinguished road

Welcome back to the grind. Sorry I couldn't join you guys in Pt Alberni. We had other plans with the kids.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 PM

skinnydude is on a distinguished road

I just read all 11 pages of this post and it took me back to my younger days playing with tonka trucks. you have a great collection and life like to boot. now you need a helicopter for those hard to reach areas LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanisle View Post
Welcome back to the grind. Sorry I couldn't join you guys in Pt Alberni. We had other plans with the kids.
Hey Richard Thanx .. thats too bad .Missed a really good time..we could of used another operator..I had Hank from Hanks truck pictures running hoe and driving truck..we had a blast..maybe next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnydude View Post
I just read all 11 pages of this post and it took me back to my younger days playing with tonka trucks. you have a great collection and life like to boot. now you need a helicopter for those hard to reach areas LOL
Hi Skinny..Thanx ..I was thinking about a vertol to do some serious helilogging..My buddy RCLOGGER has Flying experience
Old 09-10-2011, 09:00 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see your back, Lou. I know all the time you've been gone you have probly built 2 or 3 models. Lets see them.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:09 AM

CAT29 is on a distinguished road

Very nice you have some great machines
Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
Glad to see your back, Lou. I know all the time you've been gone you have probly built 2 or 3 models. Lets see them.
Thanks Joe..Wish i did ..Building a new life latley ..lol..When Greg and i headed over to Port alberni My truck was full..lol..wont have the room next time..Gregs trailer was getting pretty full as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT29 View Post
Very nice you have some great machines
Thanks they are alot of fun..glad to get them back out workin..Cheers
Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Journeyman

Getting back in the grind of build again ..something different this time ..Rob and Greg are looking at hiring a screening plant so heres a little preveiw

Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Looking good Lou.

I've sourced my screening drums from air filters of my 70hp Massey, for example. About 3.5 inch diameter for the inner screen, 6 inch for the outer.

Joe
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Looking good Lou.

I've sourced my screening drums from air filters of my 70hp Massey, for example. About 3.5 inch diameter for the inner screen, 6 inch for the outer.
Way to go Joe, like the recycling

Great start Lou!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Logging & Construction Equipment

I originally found you guys on youtube. Your guys work is amazing! My grandpa worked for Weyerhauser for 40 years and my dad cut timber for 22 years before the timber industry really died a couple years ago. So of course I am into all the equiptment etc growing up in southwest Washington. I'm going to build a t-800 kinghauler with a removable bunks and trailer and a side dump. Perhaps we get together someday.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Journeyman

Thanks Jo..Us Courtenay Boys get together Quite often and Reg gets his occasional playing with us ..the more the merryer..If you make the island in the summer give us a holler

Neil thanks ..its good to be back on the tools and making progress almost every day..Ready to almost couple the belt together on the rear conveyor and see if that works ..

Joe great tip on the sceens..I have some square mess screen in 1/4 and 5/8 im guessing ..queston you might know ...would it make much difference if the holes are round or square for pluging ..I saw some pretty slick setups on youtube ...for cleaning ..Rotory brushes along side ..Those Europeans sure are making some slick stuff these days
Old 12-01-2012, 05:27 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

wow that looks good. look out gold clame hear we come. you going to try and join 2 bruder belts together? let me know how that works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Mog ..Im just going to use a regular 1/16 strip of rubber and leaving the bruders as they are..well its functional and turning ok ..Using a 30 rpm servo city gear motor and that seems to be just right ..Rob tested how much current its drawing and it doing fine ..ran it for about an hour after fiddling with the tracking ..if you look closely i have adjustment on end rollers for both ends ...I use my little Poxom mini mill to make up the belt coupling and a short chunk of cable with a couple of wheel collers

Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Conveyor belt turned out real good Lou. I really like the belt joiner and the tracking system that you made. Looks like it'll be ready for the Jan. show in Campbell river.
Rob
Old 12-02-2012, 12:51 AM

edwalsh18 is on a distinguished road

anyone ever use a bicycle inner tube for this? i want to try it. i also found a air filter from the yard at work and tossed it in the fire pit, 2 screens were the product. free and looks like a good fit. i have several bicycle inner tubes to use. and pvc pipe galore. i am wondering if a towerpro mg995 servo continuous rotation will do the trick to spin it, or if i should use something else.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwalsh18 View Post
anyone ever use a bicycle inner tube for this? i want to try it. i also found a air filter from the yard at work and tossed it in the fire pit, 2 screens were the product. free and looks like a good fit. i have several bicycle inner tubes to use. and pvc pipe galore. i am wondering if a towerpro mg995 servo continuous rotation will do the trick to spin it, or if i should use something else.
This is pretty much my first trummel build and im using a pretty heafty gear motor to turn it ..motor seems to be working fairly hard but we will see when its loaded full of dirt ..I remember my fathers big unit about a 7 foot diameter tube was really struggling when fairly full..We even twisted a drive shaft a time or three ..that little izuzu diesel was smoking pretty black ....Gravel mixed with water feeding sluice boxes ..Water probably helped keep the friction down ..wonder if turning dry gravel is a bit more difficult

this is the unit that inspired me to build it this way

Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Good work on the scale trommel Lou.

The conveyers have always been the hang up for me to get anywhere with building one myself.. I like your splice. Did you mill slots in aluminum plate, then formed it? I have some belting, I tried to use tarp tape for the splice, but it kept stretching & loosing belt tension. I'm going to try your idea.. what thickness of plate did you use?

How many ounces of gold did your father mine in his lifetime?

Joe
Old 12-13-2012, 04:12 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Joe have you thought of using baler belt splicing? I have been thinking of building and using that for belt joints. Most of that style belting joint ca be made to suite any width.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Hello, I love the grapple and the thumbs on your equipment from the beginning of this thread. Very nice!. A grapple for one of my loaders and a thumb for my excavator is definitely a future addition for me.
Thanks for sharing,
Eddie