RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Komatsu PC700 Excavator unboxing and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokocat View Post
So Shawn, seeing that you've been using this model for a few months now I'd like to get feedback from you if you dont mind, could be in MP if you prefer.

Would you recommend this model ? any hint would be appreciated really.
Thanks,

Dimitri.
Considering the fact that it uses Premacon's pressure relief valve and valves, the reliability would be the same with the Germans for that portion.

The hydraulic oil pump and the cylinders are again from major manufacturers that have been proven in other industrial applications. I can confidently say not a single drop of oil from any of these components. The hydraulic system is robust and works flawlessly. The oil stays very cool thanks to a radiator and fan.
My only concern, it does not have an oil filter. I have brought this up to Paolo and he has assured me that it is not of concern as one can easily change hydraulic fluid since the tank is visible and inspection of oil is a breeze. It is marked how much to fill "min and max." Uses Mobil DTE 24 which is sold in 1 gallon instead of 5 gallons.
The electric motor and esc for the pump is from hobbyking and is readily available and inexpensive. So I'm not worried about that.

I haven't had any issues with my gearbox for the tracks but looks like Paolo has updated the gearbox with all metal gears and is much more powerful than the one i have in mine. Mine feels plenty strong so I can't imagine or comment on the newer one.

The servos are hitec and works well with the Premacon valves. There are 2 electric fans that kick on when the set temp hits above it. The temp probe is located on the pump.

The quality and craftsmanship of the metal frame and paint is perfect. I don't know any other manufacturers that uses ball bearings at the pivots for the dipper arms.

All wires are tucked away and makes the inside look clean. This takes time to do and I can certainly appreciate that.

The lack of details gives the owner a chance to finish off the pc700 with custom details. It gives a little something to do on your part.

I would recommend it but beware of the weight (90lbs). For the price and performance, none of the others come near it.

Last edited by liftmys10; 01-29-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:09 AM

Alokocat is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Komatsu PC700 Excavator unboxing and review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo84verona View Post
Hi dimitri. Thanks to apreciate my work. I work a lot for make this model perfect. We work for the detail and performance. We fix some little problem with some professional thing. We make our gearbox with full metal gears and now we are around at 200kgcm force. Now we have massive torque and power. We are on the way to send another model to usa. Our facebook page have a lot of pictures and video. In any case if you need to see something in particular please let me know and contact me. Thanks and follow us. Paolo
Paolo, once again thanks for taking the time to explain and answers my questions.
I can see you love your work on theses machines !

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftmys10 View Post
Considering the fact that it uses Premacon's pressure relief valve and valves, the reliability would be the same with the Germans for that portion.

The hydraulic oil pump and the cylinders are again from major manufacturers that have been proven in other industrial applications. I can confidently say not a single drop of oil from any of these components. The hydraulic system is robust and works flawlessly. The oil stays very cool thanks to a radiator and fan.
My only concern, it does not have an oil filter. I have brought this up to Paolo and he has assured me that it is not of concern as one can easily change hydraulic fluid since the tank is visible and inspection of oil is a breeze. It is marked how much to fill "min and max." Uses Mobil DTE 24 which is sold in 1 gallon instead of 5 gallons.
The electric motor and esc for the pump is from hobbyking and is readily available and inexpensive. So I'm not worried about that.

I haven't had any issues with my gearbox for the tracks but looks like Paolo has updated the gearbox with all metal gears and is much more powerful than the one i have in mine. Mine feels plenty strong so I can't imagine or comment on the newer one.

The servos are hitec and works well with the Premacon valves. There are 2 electric fans that kick on when the set temp hits above it. The temp probe is located on the pump.

The quality and craftsmanship of the metal frame and paint is perfect. I don't know any other manufacturers that uses ball bearings at the pivots for the dipper arms.

All wires are tucked away and makes the inside look clean. This takes time to do and I can certainly appreciate that.

The lack of details gives the owner a chance to finish off the pc700 with custom details. It gives a little something to do on your part.

I would recommend it but beware of the weight (90lbs). For the price and performance, none of the others come near it.
Thanks Shawn for the detailed review, this is exactly what I was looking for.
I can see the weight being tricky to handle, but at the same time it should add some diggin and operating power, so that's fine for me.

Im definitly sold on this one
Bring some videos while I save my money !
Old 04-01-2018, 06:11 PM
Apprentice

Easter egg hunt videos.
https://youtu.be/qJqDBhbhRbM
https://youtu.be/CaY_q6McAm0

Last edited by liftmys10; 04-02-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Alokocat is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the Easter Egg Videos !
I am never tired of watching videos like yours.

I wouldnt mind a camera closer to the action if I may ask ...
Old 04-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

so how many eros is the pc 700 again without the vat ?
Old 12-24-2018, 02:14 PM
Apprentice

My first attempt with the FPV goggles loading Cat 740. A quick review of the FPV setup starting at 7:11 min mark.
https://youtu.be/qVmIUoQGHAM
Old 12-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Apprentice

My first attempt with the FPV goggles loading Cat 740. A quick review of the FPV setup at 7:11 min mark.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:20 PM
Apprentice

My first attempt with the FPV goggles loading Cat 740. A quick review of the FPV setup at 7:11 min mark.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

When do we get to see FPV video of them machines hard at work?
Old 12-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
When do we get to see FPV video of them machines hard at work?
Yesterday i received the microSD which will go into my SkyZone sky02s goggles to enable DVR recording. Unfortunately it will not be recorded in 3D as i see thru the goggles. It will only be 2D since it records the video thru one camera. I plan on recording the sound thru the built in microphone on the video transmitter (VTX).

I am charging my lipos as I type this out. So hopefully tonight i will have the video posted on YouTube. I was surprised a few others were also inquiring on the FPV video. So i hope it looks and sounds good when all said is done.

My honest opinion on FPV.
I am 2 weeks into FPVing. I recently put my gear on my sx10 crawler and from my 2nd story patio, i took it around my apartment complex. I felt like the first time ever driving an RC car. It put a huge smile on my face and it really took things to the next level. For the first time i reached the radio range limits on my Airtronics MT-4 before even losing video transmission reception.
My father who has zero experience driving RC cars was able to drive my sx10 with absolutely no issues at all for at least 30 minutes until the battery died out. It takes alot for my father to say "that was fun".
Old 12-28-2018, 08:41 PM
Apprentice

Alright, my first FPV video recorded from the camera located just above the cabin roof.
What I see thru my Skyzone sky02s goggles are much better picture quality and in 3D compared to this 2D video I uploaded. The goggles make it a lot easier compared to watching this video. Hope that make sense.
I get better towards the end. Hope you enjoy!
https://youtu.be/cjptvf1_bhM

Starting at the 3:20 min mark, I clean up the dirt spills for the CAT 740 landing spot.
https://youtu.be/sXglJ07h6oA

Last edited by liftmys10; 12-28-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:07 PM
Journeyman

Hemi1966 is on a distinguished road

Wow man, that looks very realistic. Your operating skills are also great

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:02 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Pretty nifty Shawn, looks like a lot of fun

Joe