RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:14 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Except for the first code, that's the same stuff i get when the def supply line gets plugged. There is an inline filter up top that can be checked. I had to put filters on the def tank vent lines to keep dust out. That was recommended to me by a Pro Harvest mechanic a couple years ago.
So... since adding additional filters you haven't had anymore DEF error code problems?

We fuel/grease early in the mornings with virtually zero wind & most always a dew; wipe dust away before opening caps, keeps dust flying about to a minimum... plus cover fill holes with clean towel while fueling...

Mechanics never do any wrenching, just a quick reset with a laptop... I've got close to 20hrs now since last software reset... but I'll mention what you said to mechanic the next time he comes again for DEF error.

Joe
Old 08-24-2016, 04:49 PM
BANNED

With a change in weather last Thur - Fri to cool/cloudy, I waited for my combine to be repaired & got it back Saturday after dinner. The closest part was indeed in Nebraska, I think the place was Beatrice ; UPS overnight $750usd - cost of part $817usd ... albeit the part was in Billings, Montana @8am - it took more than 7hrs to travel 3hrs north to Turner, Montana where my hirehand picked it up from there @3:30pm... so it's just about 5pm Friday when he shows up at the dealership with it

Took a pic of broken shaft, that looks like an air bubble within, it was flawed right from factory! 445hrs seperator

Joe
Old 08-24-2016, 09:39 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
So... since adding additional filters you haven't had anymore DEF error code problems?

We fuel/grease early in the mornings with virtually zero wind & most always a dew; wipe dust away before opening caps, keeps dust flying about to a minimum... plus cover fill holes with clean towel while fueling...

Mechanics never do any wrenching, just a quick reset with a laptop... I've got close to 20hrs now since last software reset... but I'll mention what you said to mechanic the next time he comes again for DEF error.
Haven't had any more problems as far as i know. Never had any problems out of the magnum tractors for whatever reason. Well, def problems. It only has to look at dust to clog the air filter.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Joe, i saw this and thought of you.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/s...guns-1.3770769

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Had my 12 gauge out at the shop, the other night, what ever was making the noise dissapeared in a hurry! 30 minute response time is too slow!
Old 09-22-2016, 11:37 AM
BANNED

I usually don't have the radio on very loud or maybe not at all cause I want to hear asap if any gremlins start acting up in the combine... just caught blurps about a massive manhunt central sask, but oblivious as to what it was all about.... thanx for the link Tech9

I don't own any pistols, it's a restricted fire arm with a mountain of paperwork to purchase & very strict guidelines to transport under lock & key and federal felony charges if you don't comply "to the letter"... I've got rifles on both farms varying from .22 to .300 & I'm quite accurate up to 500yds... shyt like that ever goes down in my neighborhood & it's shoot - shovel & shut up, won't be calling RCMP & hiding waiting for them

I think it was 2001, a super dry yr, bang two rocks together & the sparks start an immediate grass fire.... there was this guy who wanted to join the town volunteer fire department, but the crew didn't want him around - he didn't seem mentally fit for such responsibility... so late summer - early fall there's suddenly a rash of fires starting in the ditch... being it's harvest, lots of ppl around travelling up/down roads fairly constant to spot these fires within minutes to put them out... that guy was a suspect, but nobody caught him in the act doing it, it was thought he was using a bottle torch to start fires quick & leave! One farmer travelling in his pickup spotted a vechile a mile off & gave chase, this was right at sunset, gravel roads, heavy thick dust. Couldn't catch him, his trk governed out at 100mph - the perp's vehicle didn't, farmer couldn't make positive ID on vehicle. Farmer raced back & put out the fire.

After that news, everybody within 100 mile radius of town had their deer rifles with them at all times! And the cops went to talk to the guy & mentioned that to him... he left town not long after...

Joe
Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 PM
BANNED

Well... it's been another not enjoyable harvest with break downs, wet weather delays, crop slow to mature & now quickly turning to junk, rich with disease & other grading factors diminishing price returns.

Got an 8day stretch up till last night of hammer down! But 7:00am it starts raining & looks like it could carry on bout 3 days... a slow – deep soaker kind of rain...the last third is 99% certainty to be just crap, now!

And a lot of my brown mustard, bigtime weed wreck on some of it... probably gonna have to get that mobile grain cleaner guy back to clean as combine so the high moisture weed seeds don’t spoil the entire bin... bewildered as to why the $50/ac chemical didn’t do its job.

Joe
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road

Stay safe up there guys. We don't need to find out how long it'd take to dig graves by rc...

Hopefully the weather breaks and you can get back at it before it spoils.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Raining like mad! No wet batch concrete to haul, last 2 nights. Tomorrow looks like a repeat.
Cheers!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 PM
BANNED

Isn't this lovely weather for October?

Another brutal harvest of bad weather... crop took forever to mature. Hammer down on durum wheat Sept14th for eight days, then get a two day slow soaker rain that takes four more to dry out, cut 5 days & then get bombed 8pm Saturday night with a half inch down pour with quarter size hail... HAIL IN OCTOBER FOR KRIEST SAKES!!!

At this point I'm 80% done. 45ac durum & 500ac of brown mustard that's a total disaster of a weed wreck... if the sun ever shines again & warms up... the next 10 day forecast is cold & wet!

And if that isn't stressful enough, my help has been a total retard the last couple weeks... he talked the big talk, but when it was time to put in the big hrs - he folded up like a paper doll, some days showed up late or not at all!!! I am paying him nearly double $/hr than ever made in the oil patch... it's just so frustrating... the weather, the excessive electronically flawed equipped equipment & shyt help...

Joe
Old 10-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Yeah good help is hard to find, seems everybody wants/needs a job but nobody wants to work!
Does it seem that the whole growing/harvest season is shifting to earlier in the year? We got down into the low to mid 60's last week and now are heading for 80 for a couple days then back down next week.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Snow already!! Uhhh
Old 10-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yeah if I'm reading the radar right it should be coming down pretty good up there.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:21 PM
BANNED

Yep! this is what my trk looked like this morning

Some standing hard wheat that I saw yesterday near town stood 3' tall, this morning it's just about flat on the ground, weighted down from the snow... more snow tonite, tomorrow & Saturday in the forecast.

It's getting to be just one season here Kent: cold, wet & miserable all yr round... if we don't get out of this La Nina cycle soon, it's gonna bankrupt me!

Joe
Old 10-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I would think its cyclic but who knows what Mother Nature's got up her sleeve. I hope it straightens up for you that's not good.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:40 AM
BANNED

Took a drive around yesterday afternoon

This the brown mustard with the weed wreck, it was already flat on the ground

And this brown mustard WAS standing 4 foot tall

And the durum that WAS standing good as well

Those last two fields adding up to about 250ac should've been combined before the snow if it weren't for my a**hole hiredman's drama the last couple weeks of September ...the time & the fuel & the electricity that's gonna be wasted to get it harvested

The next 7 days... go hide in the shop & tinker
http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-11_metric_e.html

Joe
Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Hey, I feel for ya with the help situation joe, I've had to pass up on some work because I am just one guy now. Seems like any good help I hire moves on soon as to better themselves and can't argue with that but the ones that stick around usually end up costing me more in re-doing work or creating more work than what they are worth!! Nobody wants to actually work and be reliable anymore!! Only bad side is I don't have anyone to blame for something wrong now .

Hopefully you can get the best out of you crops this year.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Hey, I feel for ya with the help situation joe, I've had to pass up on some work because I am just one guy now. Seems like any good help I hire moves on soon as to better themselves and can't argue with that but the ones that stick around usually end up costing me more in re-doing work or creating more work than what they are worth!! Nobody wants to actually work and be reliable anymore!! Only bad side is I don't have anyone to blame for something wrong now .

Hopefully you can get the best out of you crops this year.
Yeah, harvest is just too time sensitive not to have help, bad weather can be quite costly... got some hard thinking to do whether I'm still here next yr or not.

I got some results today from some of my early durum samples that show some promise of maybe getting some decent returns... the entire yr is not a complete write off yet.

Joe
Old 10-11-2016, 10:06 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Joe i totally understand your lack of good help. We are having the same situation here in Western Nebraska, Got the wheat drilled, then we let our help go. I am sorry to hear about your weather frustrations.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 AM
BANNED

Thank you RT9 (I'm sure I ask you your name before, but I'm becoming forgetful )

It's an unusual job with irregular hours, short term work period & high stakes to get it done in a timely manner... it'd be great to have partner to share the wealth when times are good & spread the risk when times are not good, but the buy in is just too high to be a consideration.

Joe