RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 AM

chet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BOBCAT S300 SKID STEER LOADER

Cool build! Never seen the ertl before looks bigger than the bruder i just finished
Old 01-03-2015, 12:41 AM

*tonto* is on a distinguished road

So there you have it. I finally figured out how to put up pictures. Big shout out to TRUCKMAKER for helping me out. This project has been fun over the last few weekends, and I have made quite a few changes along the way. Its amazing the amount of R&D time that goes into these things, especially being one offs. I hope you guys like it, and am looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks,
*TONTO*
Old 01-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

now that you got posting pics down time to post a vid!!!
cool build
Old 01-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Finally, a Bobcat that is RC. I own a few 1:1 Bobcats and always thought about setting one up RC. I purchased 2 of those Ertl Bobcats just like yours for converting. But, not enough time, so my kids got them for Christmas. They are built well, so your conversion should work out. I also have a Bruder skid and the track loader. Those are nice, but since I have the 1:1, someday I will convert the Bobcat.
It looks like you have plenty of room for a battery and to keep the cab in tact for an operator.
Do you think you could have used a standard size servos for the wheels?
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 01-03-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc13 View Post
Finally, a Bobcat that is RC. I own a few 1:1 Bobcats and always thought about setting one up RC. I purchased 2 of those Ertl Bobcats just like yours for converting. But, not enough time, so my kids got them for Christmas. They are built well, so your conversion should work out. I also have a Bruder skid and the track loader. Those are nice, but since I have the 1:1, someday I will convert the Bobcat.
It looks like you have plenty of room for a battery and to keep the cab in tact for an operator.
Do you think you could have used a standard size servos for the wheels?
Thanks,
Eddie
Trying to fit a standard size servo for the drive wheels would have pushed the wheelbase in to much. The HS85MG is probably the best option because they use metal gears and are super easy to convert to continuous rotation. I am using a 2s 800mah lipo that just fits inside. I don't have a lipo alarm yet, so I don't know exactly how much run time I can get from it, but I have run it for at least 20 min. hard with no sign of slowing down. Like I said this is my very first construction conversion, so most of this one is prototype for my next. I was super excited to convert this Bobcat, because I have yet to see another one like it.

Thanks for the comments.
*TONTO*
Old 01-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Green Horn

rc13 is on a distinguished road

Yes that servo that you installed will be just fine. Me, I am always wanting to go bigger and stronger.
That machine cant consume that much power. You should get tons of run time on a lipo battery...
Yep, you beat everyone to the punch on the Bobcat conversion... Looking forward to the video. I have tons of videos, but none with my Bruder skids. I should make one someday.
You should take that Bobcat down to the dealer where you bought it, and freak them out with its coolness!
Thanks and good job on the Bobcat.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:37 PM

http://vid1297.photobucket.com/album...pszvjcseuq.mp4
Old 01-03-2015, 10:19 PM

BiLLy bOb is on a distinguished road

Love the write up. Got one of the bobcats abd the bruder wheel unit both to convert. Been too busy relocating after retirement. They are still packed up in boxes. Going to use your build as reference if i ever get to the conversion on mine.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:29 AM

Steve1503 is on a distinguished road

Nice job, about how heavy is it?
Old 01-04-2015, 11:40 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

good job i may have to revisit mine as i was getting too much flex out of the arms when digging. i had filled my arms with epoxy but you brass brace looks like it works better. good work what did you used for a drive esc a sabertooth

http://youtu.be/aExc9opFR0o?list=UUD...mSrl3wlRXoFoBg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1503 View Post
Nice job, about how heavy is it?
It probably only weighs like 2 pounds or so.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
good job i may have to revisit mine as i was getting too much flex out of the arms when digging. i had filled my arms with epoxy but you brass brace looks like it works better. good work what did you used for a drive esc a sabertooth

http://youtu.be/aExc9opFR0o?list=UUD...mSrl3wlRXoFoBg
I do not have any drive esc. I Y-connected the left tires together, and then the right together, and plug them directly into my receiver. The Elevator controls the right side, and the aileron controls the left. I used my controller to mix the two channels together so I can drive straight, and also fully skid like a real Bobcat. I am using an old DX6 Park flyer radio with an AR6000 receiver. Nice work on your conversion. Looks like you had a bit of creep to your drive servo's. It took forever to dial mine in.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb View Post
Love the write up. Got one of the bobcats abd the bruder wheel unit both to convert. Been too busy relocating after retirement. They are still packed up in boxes. Going to use your build as reference if i ever get to the conversion on mine.
Im glad to see people are interested in this. Let me know if you need any measurements or material references for your build.

*TONTO*