RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
I've been following along Reg and this conversion turned out incredible!
Thanks very much! I hope it works as well as it looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStilwell View Post
Another AWESOME build Reg!

You are "Scale Art of Canada"

Can't wait to see the D11

John
Thanks John. I was going to name my business "Tungsten Art" but I kinda got swayed to name it RCP's because people knew me as that. I might have to change it.lol I know that I have a long ways to go before I am even at the level of Scale Art's rejected parts but I keep tryin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Dang reg!! For a four hour conversion you have out done yourself. Looks awesome!! I wish Santa would make a trip to Vancouver island and pick me up one of them, but he may be overweight with my bag of coal!!!! This has turned out incredible. And the videos look smooth and pretty powerful. I think you put all the right parts in all the right places. Good job man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
I want to know how they slow down time on the island because if that is 4 hours that would be 3 weeks for me on the mainland ! Mike
RW/Mike, Thanks guys! The 4 hour thing is at least 10 fold per dozer now! I think I have polished a bit of a turd into a gem stone now though. It looks better under my tree than Keith's so I might have to keep it!lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhrafan View Post
It's incredible Reg !!!!! I absolutely love it !!!!!! Can't wait to get this baby home
Sorry Keith, as I said above I have decided to keep it. Haha, just kidding! I know you will take better care of it than me and you have waited long enough. Just to be sure though, which one would you rather have???

Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM

Nhrafan is on a distinguished road

Haha !!!! Let see ????? I'll take box number 2 lol !!!!! Good one though !!!! You should put rops on number 1 !!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK, I will try to make sure that I ship the correct one...
Old 12-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Thanks very much! I hope it works as well as it looks.

Thanks John. I was going to name my business "Tungsten Art" but I kinda got swayed to name it RCP's because people knew me as that. I might have to change it.lol I know that I have a long ways to go before I am even at the level of Scale Art's rejected parts but I keep tryin!

RW/Mike, Thanks guys! The 4 hour thing is at least 10 fold per dozer now! I think I have polished a bit of a turd into a gem stone now though. It looks better under my tree than Keith's so I might have to keep it!lol

Sorry Keith, as I said above I have decided to keep it. Haha, just kidding! I know you will take better care of it than me and you have waited long enough. Just to be sure though, which one would you rather have???

What a delight it would be to go to toys-r-us and pick the one on right off the shelf!!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

RCP57-this came out very nice. I like the new cab design. A blend of the old & the new. If I were a real dozer operator I would prefer this to the new closed in cabs with the small windows. I thought the actuators looked a bit big but after it is painted they don't look much different than round cylinders. Nice job!!! Do you know what the model weighs?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks modelman. I like the open style cab on this too. I think it changes the scale appearance without having to change the whole body. I wish there was an alternative to these actuators but I don't know of one other than hydraulics. I am happy with there performance and ease of use but they don't look very nice on a model with their square shape. Of course I'm sure they weren't built with our hobby in mind. I weighed the dozers. Stock they are about 1.5lbs and after modifications they are about 6.25lbs with battery.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I started fitting parts onto #3 today. The blade and all related parts are the same as #2. I'm using spherical bushings in the blade arms on #2-3. They provide pretty nice movement while tilting the blade.

I also just made up this piece so that I had a spring return on the throttle side of my DX6i. I had been given a screw and hook for the spring tension from a friend at my local hobby shop a couple years ago. The parts needed to be modified because they weren't from a Spektrum radio but with them , 3 short pieces of welding rod for pins and the aluminum part it works!

Now I can run more stuff off of this radio!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

CTI makes round actuator cylinders that have been used on some models I've seen published. Have not used them myself but seem to be popular in Europe. Cost and sizes appear similar to Firgelli.

Ken
Old 12-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

only problem with cti is they wont ship to the u.s.
no
Old 12-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have heard that before about the CTI actuators. I can't complain about the Firgelli's too loudly because they are built an hour from my home and Ian has gone out of his way to get them to me ASAP when I've needed them. Do I wish they were round?YES! But I will continue to use them because of the convenience/service. Maybe with enough pressure/demand they will design a different body someday in the future.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:25 PM

Junkrunner786 is on a distinguished road

I am new to construction Rc I know how much mfg dozers cost how much do u have into conversion ?
Old 12-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkrunner786 View Post
I am new to construction Rc I know how much mfg dozers cost how much do u have into conversion ?
There's easily $600 Canadian in materials not including TX/RX or battery. More if I factor in shipping on ordered goods, driving to pick up supplies from various places and keeping the lights and heat on in my shop.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Great work RCP, you have created some masterpieces.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:34 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
only problem with cti is they wont ship to the u.s.
no
Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Ken
Old 12-17-2014, 01:25 PM

Firgelli Technologies is on a distinguished road

If you guys want round actuators - ask for them! Send an email to sales@firgelli.com so I have something other than my own opinion to show the Chief!
I have brought this up before with management and they are open to the idea but aren't convinced there is enough of a market. You guys need to be more convincing and let us know about it!

Ian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

888-225-9198
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firgelli Technologies View Post
If you guys want round actuators - ask for them! Send an email to sales@firgelli.com so I have something other than my own opinion to show the Chief!
I have brought this up before with management and they are open to the idea but aren't convinced there is enough of a market. You guys need to be more convincing and let us know about it!

Ian
Good to know Ian! There probably isn't enough market but it doesn't hurt to try and I believe the market is increasing. An actuator that more resembled a hydraulic cylinder would certainly be a hit with the RC crowd.

Looking at Cooper's killer hydraulic lines has been making me want to bend something so today I made up this canopy for my Dozer. The square stock started life as 3/16x1 flat bar that I split into 4 pieces on the bandsaw and then milled to true up the cut edges. Fiddly work but it needed to be done to get the size close to being right.

Here's what it looks like on #3

Personally I like the cab I built for Keith's more but this is starting to grow on me too.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by RCP57; 12-17-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Hi RCP you said you cut aluminum on your bandsaw and then milled it . When I need bar alum I cut it on the table saw with a fine blade slowly and a quick file smooth and knock the edge off , just a suggestion . Mike
Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Wannabe

bigpipespete is on a distinguished road

Reg , that looks really good !
A single blade ripper will finish it off nicely.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:37 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Great looking protection for the dozer. And i agree a ripper would be cool.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
Hi RCP you said you cut aluminum on your bandsaw and then milled it . When I need bar alum I cut it on the table saw with a fine blade slowly and a quick file smooth and knock the edge off , just a suggestion . Mike
I'm not really brave enough to make a cut that thin on the table saw. It would be faster though providing I still had all of my body parts afterward. I need to make a new insert for the table on my saw. It has a large gap around the blade for angle cutting so cutting thin strips is a struggle. A thinner blade would also be nice. I would have needed twice as much material by cutting it on the table saw and losing 1/8" or more with each cut. The best thing would be getting the right material for the job in the first place. Unfortunately it isn't available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpipespete View Post
Reg , that looks really good !
A single blade ripper will finish it off nicely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTech9 View Post
Great looking protection for the dozer. And i agree a ripper would be cool.
I want to build a winch for my dozer. A ripper would be OK but there isn't a lot of room left to hide an actuator inside the body. I guess it could be done with a servo mounted on the outside though. I'm just not sure how useful a ripper would be on a 6lb machine.