RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:25 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr 944b Demolition!

Very nice... Love to see how the brixl controls are setup...

Cheers,
AP
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Wannabe

bigpipespete is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your purchase, it looks fantastic and might i say your choice of color is exceptional .
Let me know how it works in the dirt because i still havent had the heart to put mine out there yet
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys! Well first thing I did is I narrowed the track width so it fits better on the Goldie, then took her out for a first time test. I wanted to do a video but of course the batteries on all my cameras were dead, so I just took some pictures. I have to say Hendrik did an awesome job setting up everything, the pump was mixed to only turn on when you move the sticks, I wish I knew how to do that with my loaders, if anybody has any idea please help me out, I suck at mixing channels. The machines had tons of power, I need to get better at the stick first before turning up the PSI's. Very smooth all around and the adjustable boom is awesome for those long reach areas. I am going to have fun with it for sure.
Here you can see the narrow tracks.

On to only just a few build pictures of the grapple as when my buddy Grant is here we seem to always "TEST FIT" things but never actually take them apart and take pictures since we're already halfway done, a little tip, if you plan on getting this as kit, it will save you 200 euros and it's not that hard to build, only thing is the holes have to be drilled bigger and parts come on the casting tree and will need cutting and may need polishing or sanding. Otherwise not bad. I am gonna have to redrill and retap this little valve block and this the only one that is pissing me off.

Now the question is, to paint it or not to paint it???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....

Last edited by MoRockN; 09-05-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Sweet! So the undercarriage can be narrowed up? Is that transport mode? I know some of these machines are like that. The grapple looks awesome. Is it brass, soldered together? I'd paint it. It will look better.....not that it's really neat to look at models in a raw state, but finished, it will just look more realistic.

Radio mixes aren't to hard to do, assuming you have a computer radio that is programmable. Some are easier then others. With my Futaba, I can pick and choose what channels to mix, and even turn off or on that mix when I need it. Check your manual, but usually the steps are similar. You go to the mixing channel menu, pick a master channel, assign a slave channel, then adjust how much you want the slave channel to react to inputs from the master. Usually set up on a graph, as a curve, with a percentage of movement.

I.E. the master channel shows +10% stick movement, and if you assign the slave to mimic the master at 50% mixing, it will follow the master channel by outputting half of the movement that the master does, so it would be at +5% travel, throw, throttle, ect. If you keep the master/slave mix ratio at 100%, both channels will have equal, linear movement. A negative percentage mixing value can make the slave channel move the opposite direction. Don't be afraid to play with it. It's pretty easy once you figure it out. Practice with a couple servos plugged into a receiver. Watch how they react when you adjust the mixing value. That's the best way to learn it.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Green Horn

apfubar is on a distinguished road

The grapple/grab is awesome... painted or not.

Which part of the valve block requires drilling/tapping?

And I agree, saving 200 Euro is great...

Of course the whole excavator looks great, and I am sure it functions well.

As per Espeefan's comments on the mixes, you might want to start a new thread in the construction tech area... let us know what radio you have, and what you are trying to achieve, assuming your pump is already controlled by a channel I am sure we can help out.

Cheers,
AP
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Apprentice

Thank you for the info. I will start a new thread, I was just pointing out that I'm not good at it. I only have computer radios,DX6I, DX10T, Aurora 9 and now this Brixl monster. The grapple is brass, soldered and bead blasted, the parts are lazer cut and the freaking thing is very heavy. But the fit of it once assembled is perfect, you can pick up a piece of paper with it. I will have to paint it but I will not be adding LST decals or the blue paint, LST always reminds me of the stupid Losi LST trucks with giant shocks. God I hate those things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

Wow was a beautiful model. So scale looking. So now I guess you need a scale heave haul truck eh?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Apprentice

LOL ^^ . We'll see about that. OK so here is the valve block that needs to be drilled out, The red circle shows the well seated fitting with the washer, the red arrow shows the exposed thread on the fitting after it stops and wont turn anymore on both holes.

So my options are, add more washers which may leak, cut the fitting shorter which may cause it to break because it's hallow, or option three redrill and retap the mini block.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:15 PM

NYHowie is on a distinguished road

What a beautiful machine, how much US$ did it cost to get it to your door?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Apprentice

Shipping, insurance and custom fees were around $950

Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Apprentice

We hired a new operator for the new machine, Vladimir Van Scoopz , you can see the excitement on his face from getting behind the controls for the first time.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

I was going to comment in my first reply, but forgot! That display console in the cab is awesome. Functional too? Is it an onboard battery monitoring system? Very cool.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Looks like his facial hair is a little darker than on the top of his head...Is he trying to 'reclaim' his youth?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Apprentice

Yep all functional, battery voltage, AmP draw to ESC, pump temp and voltage. When something is hot or battery goes low the corresponding sensor turns Red and starts blinking . The radio has the same info as well.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Looks like his facial hair is a little darker than on the top of his head...Is he trying to 'reclaim' his youth?
LOL! He went a little crazy on the Just for Men products . Was gonna paint his hair but that was too much work .

Old 09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
LOL! He went a little crazy on the Just for Men products . Was gonna paint his hair but that was too much work .
HAHAHA! Seems to me that I did the same thing in my late twenties....I blame the young women I was chasing at the time...lol

Reg
Old 09-10-2013, 12:14 AM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

That looks great! You have a really nice fleet!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:34 PM

cyanide is on a distinguished road

That sure is a beautiful set up: excavator, controller, grapple. wow! congrats on the purchase, very nice indeed.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Apprentice

Thank you guys! I keep wanting to take some videos but the rain is not letting that happen

Old 11-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Green Horn

Kausekaos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRockN View Post
Whats the real size difference between theses two? They look really nice btw.