RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
I hope thumbnail pics work for now. I'm using my company laptop and I dont have photo bucket yet. We currently have the steer joystick apart and its not in the photos. I can get better pics of the Z arm once machine is back up and running. Currently have the bucket held back with a few wire cables just in case we have to pull it out of the shop. I took a quick measurement of the z arm... distance from center of top pin to center is 41 1/2" . Distance from bottom pin to center is 52".
Like I say, once she's up and running I'll get some better pics for ya.
I also sent the pics to my home computer and can send them to you from there when I get back at the end of the month.
Have a great day!
Mario
I'll PM you my email then you can send the pics there Big help on the z already .I have the top center-center right but the bottom is too short . Looks like a new to be made the 1 I have is too short . It was the only part that was distorted from what I had to go by .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 PM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I guess a 994 for your next project is out of the question ? lol . the thing would weigh a ton eh?
I missed this 1 this morning thou shalt not jest I doo know where to get that size tire BUT I have a few projects to finish 1st + a few in line

took a little break before pulling the vise(make shift indexer ) off the mill . milled up the steering cylinder bosses . I used the step block and clamp to hold my 0 position .

Oh thanks again Mario

new 1scaled to your measurements

old on new

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Doesn't take you long to carve out parts anymore Steve.. must be a great level of satisfaction to do things quickly & correctly, eh?

Joe
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Doesn't take you long to carve out parts anymore Steve.. must be a great level of satisfaction to do things quickly & correctly, eh?
YES it does , Joe I love learning new things before 3 years ago I never touched a mill in my life except for looking at them at the salvage yard / liquidater . I can't wait to get this going I also got 1 of my micro pumps figured out . to put in the pan the Jung is just to big for it (very little space ) So If my cylinders work out I'll be making up the 1's for the pan and dozer sometime after indy .

Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

My pleasure Steve. Glad I could help with the Z arm. Looks good! Can't wait to see her running!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:40 PM

Shane is on a distinguished road

Gidday Steve.

Hey Mate, can't offer any advise though I can add to the list of many readers who have praised you on your efforts.
What a fantastic looking model and to see it comming together is a trip in itself.

Totally impressed of what can be made with the "Can Do Attitude"

Can imagine what the guys that work on or operate this machine would be thinking.

Awsome craftmanship Steve.

Shane.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Gidday Steve.

Hey Mate, can't offer any advise though I can add to the list of many readers who have praised you on your efforts.
What a fantastic looking model and to see it comming together is a trip in itself.

Totally impressed of what can be made with the "Can Do Attitude"

Can imagine what the guys that work on or operate this machine would be thinking.

Awsome craftmanship Steve.

Shane.
yeah Shane, I work on this type of loader and what I think is " wow ! I wish I could build'em like Steve."
Seeing as I can't , I like to try and help people like him get the info he needs to continue his work of art....and thats what this machine is.... a work of art!

Mario
Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 PM

Thanks Mario , Shane

well we made it to Z bar #4 and what a !@#$ it was al the way Guess thats what I get for staying up till 4 in the AM a week ago gettin it right turns out the loader arms where too small too So remade them too and thanks too having a tig the whole loader arm assmb. got welded together I still want to clean up the weld a lil better in the mill . I couldn't resist a lil paint on it either . made my Y's the old way drill press hand mill (file) and vise doo too both mills being setup for other ops . nuff BS here's some pics

I want to clean up my bucket a little more with the tig so gotta sand blast it . Pool noodle did the trick on the tires

Old 06-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Wow, Steve, that looks great!

Rob
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM

thanks Rob

ALMOST gotta figgure the mixing on the radidio and change out a leaky robbie valve head the tolorences on these things are pathetic , must be +/- .01 with a little tinkering you can get them to work right , except for the 1 where it leaked right out the rotor stem . they should be a running fit with no sidw to side play . I got bucket and steering werkin just waitin on the slow lathe guy to get my new rams for the lift cylinders done

Old 07-01-2012, 10:12 AM

werking!!! figured out the mixing just alittle reading of the manual pump is on my aux1(flaps)chl . I got the steering so that when you activate the steer servo the pump runs about 50% to werk the boom/bucket put the pump switch in mid position for about 50% for guts , switch in 3rd pos. As for the valves , they're like a HD gotta tweek them when they're new and after so many mi /hrs

Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Craftsman

Snochaser will become famous soon enoughSnochaser will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 990 cat loader (WERKING)

Way to go Steve, it can be quite frustrating I know. It makes it all worth it when it comes alive though. WOOHOO Now video please!!!!
R.I.P. FGD

Work Hard, Play Hard!
Never Forget- 343
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM

will do Ben In the pea gravel too

Old 07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Man Steve that looks great!!! youve done an awesome job with it so far!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:35 PM

thanks Aaron

to answer Mario's ? from the trailer build . I was digging pea gravel well except for the mixing thing with the radio . the pump would always go down to the steering settings and wouldn't have the hair to pick up a full bucket . So I just put the pump full on or full off then moved the coal pile twice till I blew the clipard cylinder I used for steering well It was leaking right off the bat but desided to leak alot more no vid will get 1 soon I hope right now I'm trying to make new steer cylinders and my own spool type valve . I hate these robbies it's not the style I hate just the tolerances are piss poor . you tighten them to eliminate the bypassing then you can't turn them . I had brass bushings (not oil lite )that I made for my axle shafts while waiting for bearings , well they started to sieze up so in went the bearings . easiest set of axles I worked on to date not to mention tough as carbide , so to speak

Old 07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks for the update Steve, very nice of you..........oooops, have I struck a cord of frustration? Hydraulics causing grief ?... Welcome to my world of fixing....not building
there is no doubt you will figure it out.

Can't wait to see more!.......

Mario
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM

jtroyer06 is on a distinguished road

Wow that model is built like a tank! Great build keep it up!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update Steve, very nice of you..........oooops, have I struck a cord of frustration? Hydraulics causing grief ?... Welcome to my world of fixing....not building
there is no doubt you will figure it out.

Can't wait to see more!.......

Mario
yea they're fustrating but heck , with the few leaks and no bosses on the boom , I can't resist useing up a battery in the pea gravel we put down in the play area for the kids . I'll get a vid up someday I gotta figure out how to take 1 on the new cam I'm may start painting it soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtroyer06 View Post
Wow that model is built like a tank! Great build keep it up!!!
thanks much , it wieghs like 1 too

Old 07-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Dozer Builder

td9clyde will become famous soon enoughtd9clyde will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 990 cat loader (WORKING)

it is cool when the equipment starts moving and twitching makes it fun and frusterating but it is worth it nice work steve........Izzy and Travis helped me on the D 7 but it is in peices right now ......a later story.... Can't wait to see a video and have fun digging and loading trucks
Old 07-10-2012, 10:10 PM

Default Re: 990 cat loader (WORKING)

thanks henry I tinkered on after I ran it last night made a few small things that I could do while waiting to change parts on the mill . I got another 30 mins in tonight . 1st night with no leaks and 20 bar . I still got little odds and ends like better linkages for the valves to see If I can get better control . vid is uploading verrrryyyyy ssssssllllllllloooooowwwwwwwlllllllllllllllyyyyyyy