RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 10-14-2015, 08:21 PM

Prodrvr2006 is on a distinguished road
Default How about more, detailed pics of your trailer builds!

I never built a trailer before, other than the Tamiya flat deck that I just got. I look at a lot of nice trailer builds, but I never see a step by step with photos and measurements. It's like the trailers are already started and you have to guess as to "how is that attached at that point" or "how did you get those bends in the aluminum?" "what are the details of the dump system and how is it mounted" Maybe I'm a lot cheaper than most I see here, but dropping $800-$1500 for a trailer is just out of reach for me. I'm sure that I can make something nice for half that price, I just need a place to start. I'm sure there are other "trailer building newbs" here that would like the same info. Ok I'm done whining.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Apprentice

speedy8305 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How about more, detailed pics of your trailer builds!

If i may alot of the trailer builds you see are already in progress because the idea comes and the product is started with the builder already knowing the basic measurements height width and they add their own touches or customer specs and alot of times the customers have a timeline that they would like the product built so the builder cant do a build thread and give all the details for the "trailer newbies" as far as a cheaper build for half the price it is possible but the materials and the machining or designing and skill is where the cost comes in I mean lets face it no one wants to do work for Dirt cheap this is not a sweat shop hobby. Im just saying............
Old 10-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

This is a build thread located in the middle of another thread,

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...t=9048&page=25

That's the trailer under the boat, couldn't find a better pic, but a lot of steps in there on how it was built , good and bad . A lot of oops, that doesn't work
Old 10-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Yea you can doo it for half the price since your labor ain't worth shyt to yourself. Most the reason guys building trailers will not give full detail on a public site , is there's lazy mofos out there lookin to make a quick buck without havin to doo any engineering of their own . Sorry for bein blunt , but sayin you can prob build it yourself for half the price and bytchin there aren't enough detailed build pics , tends to rub ppl the wrong way .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Apprentice

I tried to say that IH in a long drawn out explanation but you got right to the point. But none the less someone doing it for half the price as opposed to someone getting paid the quality is alot Different.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Apprentice

I think saying that you could do a build for half the price is taking a shot at the guys who do these builds
Old 10-15-2015, 05:24 AM

I'm not complaining about the guys building trailers to make money...that's their business. I want to build my own trailer(s) for myself, for my own use, not to sell. I'm just saying that I'm into a lot more than just r/c semi's and all the other forums that I'm on, people go into great detail about any custom work they have done with tons of pics.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy8305 View Post
I think saying that you could do a build for half the price is taking a shot at the guys who do these builds
I would be if I were making trailers to sell, but I'm not.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Yea you can doo it for half the price since your labor ain't worth shyt to yourself. Most the reason guys building trailers will not give full detail on a public site , is there's lazy mofos out there lookin to make a quick buck without havin to doo any engineering of their own . Sorry for bein blunt , but sayin you can prob build it yourself for half the price and bytchin there aren't enough detailed build pics , tends to rub ppl the wrong way .
Once again, I want to build a trailer for myself, not to be sold to anyone.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Thanks Cooper
Old 10-15-2015, 09:10 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

That's the trailer under the boat, couldn't find a better pic, but a lot of steps in there on how it was built , good and bad . A lot of oops, that doesn't work
Hi Cooper, thanks for that link, had not seen that one. Beautiful piece of engineering. Top job!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

great trailer, just not in the dirt with a 90# cat
on the back...
Old 10-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Here is a build thread on one of my dump trucks with a pup dump trailer. The dumps a ran by screw drive. There are detailed pics of the build and the screw drive as well as a list of parts needed for the screw drive.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...hread.php?t=48

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-16-2015, 01:02 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

And there is Berna's fabulous and well documented Tank Trailer thread!

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=9118
Old 10-16-2015, 05:16 AM

Thanks guys!
Old 10-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road

steve unfortunately you are right about other people trolling to get the info then next thing you know your idea is being sold on their site or page without them needing to do any work whatsoever .....however some people do post the thread builds of their trailers so you can build one
Old 10-17-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 kenworth View Post
steve unfortunately you are right about other people trolling to get the info then next thing you know your idea is being sold on their site or page without them needing to do any work whatsoever .....however some people do post the thread builds of their trailers so you can build one
Is that a shot?
Old 10-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Maybe you took me a lil to personally, for that I'm sorry . There is a good amount of detailed trailer builds on here , you just need to take some time and read through the builds in both trucks and construction threads . Most 1:1 trailer manufactures have basic dimensions of their trailers they sell , you just need to do some scaling . All of us , including me, are willing to help ( I just get grumpy at times )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
Maybe you took me a lil to personally, for that I'm sorry . There is a good amount of detailed trailer builds on here , you just need to take some time and read through the builds in both trucks and construction threads . Most 1:1 trailer manufactures have basic dimensions of their trailers they sell , you just need to do some scaling . All of us , including me, are willing to help ( I just get grumpy at times )
Well I appreciate that. I'm a grumpy bastard too at times. I'm not here to learn how to build trailers to sell. First off, I don't have the time or nearly anywhere near the equipment I see a lot of you guys have to build these things. I don't have tig welders, slip rolls, metal brakes, cnc machines, etc... But the insinuation of me trolling to get info just blew my mind. As mentioned before, besides now getting into r/c semis, I also run crawlers, onroads, boats, and heli's. Every person on forums for those things will gladly go out of their way to post pics, give dimensions, and give you sites to where they got the raw materials...even the guys who make aftermarket parts to supplement their income. I ask for pics and details because I don't want to waste time or money buying things that won't work or styrene that's not the right thickness or the wrong type of tool for the job. It's all about promoting the hobby, not being all secretive about something you create. And by the way, without a patent, anyone can copy and reproduce anything that's out there. To really be an a s s, you can buy someone's trailer, reproduce it all and resell it for less than them and make a nice profit...just saying.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Apprentice

Hey

Hey Pro I think its good you wanna learn and help this hobby grow. I do apologize if it seemed like i jumped on you for your thoughts.