RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:03 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD Lowboy

Well, I figured it was time to do a mini review of the RC4WD lowboy. I had backordered the trailer from Tower Hobbies on Christmas Eve since I had a soon to expire coupon and they were offering free shipping. Tower hit their ship date by UPS was delayed by flooding out west. After opening the HUGE box here is what greeted me;

The trailer is very well made. All machine work is clean and free of burrs with few if any tool marks visible. Trailer decking is some sort of plastic and seems very durable. The side extensions snap on and off. For hauling my dozer they are needed. Wheel and tires are RC4WD Budd's with their tires. The trailer is set up for tail lights even including LED holders down both sides for markers although no lens' are supplied.

Hooked up and loaded it makes an impressive rig. It pulls good though I would recommend a 4:1 reduction if heavy loads are aboard. Loaded clearance under the trailer is good. The floor/carpet transition was easily cleared.

My only real gripe is the lack of lens' for the tail lights, at the price point of this unit come on RC4WD 6 little pieces of plastic, really?
Of course with a little help from a friend it now looks like this;

Over all a very nice unit for the price.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD Lowboy

Looks nice. Now to get it lit up!!
Old 04-25-2017, 10:01 AM

A1 Dirt is on a distinguished road

A pretty good trailer. My only complaint is many of the screws were loose. How many? Enough that I ended up checking and tightening all. How loose? A few had fallen out. Luckily, all were found.

I know, the general caveat is:

"While some components may come assembled, it may be in your best interests to check the products to ensure all hardware is tight. In some cases you may want to apply threadlock to some of the hardware that is already installed."

At this price point, I do expect a little higher quality.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:50 AM

Kaan is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review, i need that for my rc4wd dozer, i wonder if it fits.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Green Horn

Kausekaos is on a distinguished road

Sweet, hope to get one myself soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Wannabe

Mustang46555 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"While some components may come assembled, it may be in your best interests to check the products to ensure all hardware is tight. In some cases you may want to apply threadlock to some of the hardware that is already installed."
This is very good advice. My test drive through the livingroom went well, however after giving it a work out at the Lebanon meet this past weekend I was amazed at what all came loose. I'm still happy with the trailer overall but checking all screws for tightness is a must.

Quote:
Thanks for the review, i need that for my rc4wd dozer, i wonder if it fits.
Shoot me the width and length of your RC4WD dozer if you want and I'll compare it to the trailer.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
This is very good advice. My test drive through the livingroom went well, however after giving it a work out at the Lebanon meet this past weekend I was amazed at what all came loose. I'm still happy with the trailer overall but checking all screws for tightness is a must.

Shoot me the width and length of your RC4WD dozer if you want and I'll compare it to the trailer.
A while back I sent RC4WD an email asking if their dozer would fit on the trailer. I don't remember the measurements but it did fit however RC4WD told me you could not haul the dozer on the trailer because of the weight. I so not believe that is correct, there are youtube videos of people hauling much heavier things including children on the lowboy.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:06 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
A while back I sent RC4WD an email asking if their dozer would fit on the trailer. I don't remember the measurements but it did fit however RC4WD told me you could not haul the dozer on the trailer because of the weight. I so not believe that is correct, there are youtube videos of people hauling much heavier things including children on the lowboy.
If I was the dealer, I would say 'at your own risk' The big dozer is sure a heavy piece of metal, but the trailer looks solid. As a dealer they prossible says 'no can do' to be on the safe side if they are not quite sure, wanting to avoid replaying to emails like 'hey, my trailer just broke in half, but you said..xxxx..and yyy')
Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
If I was the dealer, I would say 'at your own risk' The big dozer is sure a heavy piece of metal, but the trailer looks solid. As a dealer they prossible says 'no can do' to be on the safe side if they are not quite sure, wanting to avoid replaying to emails like 'hey, my trailer just broke in half, but you said..xxxx..and yyy')
True that! In todays sue happy society, they've gotta (C.Y.O.A.), Cover Your Own @-s.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 AM

SpeedyPetey is on a distinguished road

I agree with the taillight issue. I wish they had the option for a 4th, flip axle. A friend of mine is possibly going to make a flip axle. I will post pics if we can get it done
Old 08-16-2017, 11:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

A little heavier Then a Rc4wd dozer
Old 08-16-2017, 05:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RC4WD Lowboy

How'd the trailer hold up ?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Green Horn