RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > Freddygeardrive you are remembered. > FreddyGearDrive

Old 12-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Journeyman

sparkycuda is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Our forum and hobby has suffered a great loss!!

My contact was only a few conversations, some emails - but always positive and helpful. Too young to be gone, but shared his time here with people, always willing to give, obviously to the hobby, but more importantly, to all the individuals he met.

RIP, Freddy.

Ken
Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Craftsman

Smiley is on a distinguished road

I didn't really know him or anything but I had placed an order in the past couple of weeks. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Keith "Smiley" Johnson
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

RAIDERS is on a distinguished road

Freddy was agreat guy.glad i got to no him prayers go out to his family..he will be missed...
Old 12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

Even though I never met him, I think all of us on the forum viewed him as close personal friend. Too young to be taken away. My prayers go out to the family and friends.
Rob
Old 12-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Freddy was a guy i only talked to here on the forums, but he was always willing to give advise or technical help to beginners like me. He is part of the reason why everyone on here is so knowledgeable and helpful when it comes helping others. He made it cool to help someone overcome they're lack of experience with this hobby, instead of bashing them like most other forums. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless FGD
Old 12-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Oh my God, I can't believe what I am reading. I was just PM'ing him a few days ago about the price of trailer rails. He was going to get a quote from DHL on shipping for me. Now more than ever, I feel like it would be an honor to have something that he made.

What a massive loss to the hobby and to this community and of course, it goes without saying, an even bigger loss to his family and friends.
He was truly a gifted man. I am very new here but have spent so much time reading his build threads with great interest. He was inspirational. I really feel for the family, my little brother only passed away 3 months ago at the age of 25, so I know only too well what is to lose immediate family.

Freddy, unfortunately, I never had the privilage of meeting you, I can't even say I knew you. However, just from what I have read on here, it is very clear that you were a much loved and respected individual. Your sudden passing is very sad and my heart and thoughts go out to your loved ones. May you rest in peace and watch over those close to you. You will still always be an inspiration to everyone on here and as others have said, through this forum, your legend will live on.

Safe journey FGD.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 PM

dirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura aboutdirtpusher9 has a spectacular aura about

First time I want to Indy, Freddy and Sneff were the first two guys I met, and it was like we knew each other for years. Freddy come out to the truck to see if he could help me unload my dozer and we stood out there talking for 30 minuntes about it and the hobby. We went out at 1 am at the show cause he he wanted to see it push dirt so we tore up the flower beds at the hotel. He was a great guy and will be missed greatly.

Thought's and prayers go out to his family and friends. May God give you peace and comfort in your time of need.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:20 PM

sneff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
First time I want to Indy, Freddy and Sneff were the first two guys I met, and it was like we knew each other for years. Freddy come out to the truck to see if he could help me unload my dozer and we stood out there talking for 30 minuntes about it and the hobby. We went out at 1 am at the show cause he he wanted to see it push dirt so we tore up the flower beds at the hotel. He was a great guy and will be missed greatly.

Thought's and prayers go out to his family and friends. May God give you peace and comfort in your time of need.
That was a great night Joe, great memories. I hope the maint. guy at the hotel wasnt to pissed about his flower beds lol
Old 12-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

I can't express how much of a terrible loss this news is, Freddy was a ambitious creative person who influenced so many people in this hobby.. To log into this thread and look to see what Freddy was up to each day was a joy... I was always at a loss to understand how he could build his projects so fast and such a high quality...

My condolences go out to his family.

Greg
Old 12-21-2011, 02:39 PM

JZA80 is on a distinguished road

oh no, this is the most sadness thing i ever read for almost 14 years involve in the RC hobby, i'm new in this forum but not new with few other forum, just cant believe my 1st post is for this. i had PM Freddy few time and he did promise me to make me dump bed for my truck and now it never happen, i will miss him and his promise in a good way.
kenny.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

I hope he is in heaven and my condolences to his family. Losing a family member around the holidays is tuff I know all to very well. Some of my rc buddies who know me understand and I would like to keep my experience private.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 PM

straightpipejakebrake is on a distinguished road

What a terrible loss to the community. I never had the privilage of speaking with him but did PM him quite a few times about his dump bodies and dump trailers just to tell him how awesome they are. He was so far ahead of his time in this hobby. The wealth of knowledge and ideas that this man had were incredible and I am deeply saddened that they will no longer be shared. It was so much fun just to see what he was working on or how far he was pushing the King Hauler kit. When I told my girlfriend that Freddygeardrive passed she knew exactly who I was talking about. RIP FGD
Old 12-21-2011, 05:00 PM

torarne81 is on a distinguished road

R.I.P Freddy, was hoping to buy one of your great builds.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

Absolutely shocked and extremely saddened by news of Freddy's passing....one **** of a guy that like so many others have been taken from this world way too young.

I look back and am thankful for the opportunity to have met Fred face to face when he and his entourage (haha) came to the Indy show a couple years back.

As a few have already mentioned the man had a wealth of knowledge covering a wide range...and what's even better is that he would never hesitate to share that gift with those of us here on the forums when questions arose.

A selfless individual and a friend to all! Rest in peace Freddy and may prayers be with your wife and family!

-Alex
Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Juganought is on a distinguished road

I am extremely saddened by this news. Yesterday I accidently pressed my messages on the phone only to hear Freddys voice. I spoke with the man on many occasions, a genuine human being, I am at a lost. My heart goes out to his wife and family. RIP... FGD, Gone, but will never be forgotten.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Green Horn

hammer is on a distinguished road

The R.C. world has suffered a great loss although I did not meet Freddy in person I did have the chance to speak to him about building a trailer and from what I have seen from his work and from speaking to him I could tell he was a man of many talents, and from reading these posts tell he was more than a friend to alot of us he was family and people like that are hard to come by these days.

REST IN PEACE FREDDYGEARDRIVE YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

TONY
Old 12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road

Thought a new banner might be fitting.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6...3bec76a1_o.jpg
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM

mog is on a distinguished road

Absolutely shocked when thestuff called to tell me. extremely saddened by news of Freddy's passing. my heart got out to his wife and family. he was a grate sounding bord to throw idea's at and the next time you long on he got it half bilt. hi will be missed but never forgot. R.I.P. FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Green Horn

rcman is on a distinguished road

wow! he was very young! my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I always liked following his builds and wanted to order things from him but now I never will. RIP FDG!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:41 PM

CustomClod is on a distinguished road

RIP FGD. Thoughts and best wishes go out to friends and family. The RC world has lost one of the best. You will be missed.
I didnt know him personally but his comments and suggestions and all around personality was great. Sad to see him go.

Scott