RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking SPIKE LUG NUTS...OUCH!!!

I was wondering if one of our great vendors could make these. I thought they would look great on my "SLUMLORD".

If anyone want's to attempt this, feel free to let me know here, or pm me.

Thanx, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: SPIKE LUG NUTS...OUCH!!!

Great Minds think alike John. I was going to have some of those made for myself. I was planning on talking to my micro machinist extraordinaire, also know as tc1cat (Lynn) about these next week.

Let ya know what he says.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver View Post
Great Minds think alike John. I was going to have some of those made for myself. I was planning on talking to my micro machinist extraordinaire, also know as tc1cat (Lynn) about these next week.

Let ya know what he says.
Thank you Mike, and I thought I would be an original lol.
I was on chrome shop mafia last night going through the gallery pic's, and I saw these and thought WOW, that would be soooooo cooooool.

Thanx again, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

you need a screw machine for those how would you tighten them ? best to make them as caps like the real 1's

Old 12-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
you need a screw machine for those how would you tighten them ? best to make them as caps like the real 1's
Steve, I thought about that myself. I was thinking of the caps, or at the base of the spike, have it to where it would be a hex shape for a wrench. Just a thought. As long as they stay on, I wouldn't really care either way.

Big John

Old 12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Green Horn

DieselKid is on a distinguished road

I'm on the bandwagon! These would be an awesome addition to any rig...especially a custom one.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Yeah Steve and I have talked this one over already and have not found a good solution to this as I am in need of some for the front of my black truck to match the 1:1 Caps would be n ice if you don't plan to drive it as how will you keep them on so they wont fall off??

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Yeah Steve and I have talked this one over already and have not found a good solution to this as I am in need of some for the front of my black truck to match the 1:1 Caps would be n ice if you don't plan to drive it as how will you keep them on so they wont fall off??
How about silicone?

Big John

Old 12-25-2011, 01:41 AM

derailed is on a distinguished road

someone was selling some in the past
i ordered some, but they never arrived
the ones i ordered you inserted studs into the hub on the truck then threaded these on the studs
i'm still in need of a set for 2 custom trucks
also wanting the acorn style
Old 12-25-2011, 09:30 AM

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

I just don't see them being cheap . I got the pic in my head on how to do it . but to do them by hand is insane . as for caps , it's not really a good idea as our screws come from over seas from different countries , I have notice different head thicknesses the best would be to use ss hex rod . I'm just not set up to do it and have enough on my plate .

Old 12-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I just don't see them being cheap . I got the pic in my head on how to do it . but to do them by hand is insane . as for caps , it's not really a good idea as our screws come from over seas from different countries , I have notice different head thicknesses the best would be to use ss hex rod . I'm just not set up to do it and have enough on my plate .
Well if it can't be done because of cost, and the pain it would take to make these, I understand.
And i'm no worse off than I am now...But it is a cool idea.

Big John

Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

As for tightening them, I was just going to tighten them as I tightened the screws you installed. Wort comes to worst I would drill out the holes in the hub and then use a pair of needle nose pliers with some shrink tube on them so as not to mar up the surface...

As for cost... um.. I'm in it a grand now and it's nowhere near finished, I still have to buy the MFU, I'm looking at around $400 to $600 for a paint job. Plus the grill, tanks, about $250 in small detail parts. Lets not forget 300 LED's.

Heck whats a few more bucks for lug nuts.

I got a new drill press for Christmas I might try to make them myself. I want a different type for my truck.

I think the hardest part would just be the size. They would have to be between 1/4" and 5/16' long and probably 4-5mm round. Be a pain to drill and tap.

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
As for tightening them, I was just going to tighten them as I tightened the screws you installed. Wort comes to worst I would drill out the holes in the hub and then use a pair of needle nose pliers with some shrink tube on them so as not to mar up the surface...

As for cost... um.. I'm in it a grand now and it's nowhere near finished, I still have to buy the MFU, I'm looking at around $400 to $600 for a paint job. Plus the grill, tanks, about $250 in small detail parts. Lets not forget 300 LED's.

Heck whats a few more bucks for lug nuts.

I got a new drill press for Christmas I might try to make them myself. I want a different type for my truck.

I think the hardest part would just be the size. They would have to be between 1/4" and 5/16' long and probably 4-5mm round. Be a pain to drill and tap.
Mike, if "all" you have to get is the mfcu,paint,grill, tanks,detail parts, and 300 led's, what's the hold up??? LOL!!!
I thought the size might be an issue, I like your idea though. But since the "SLUMLORD" already has a menicing stance, I just thought the spikes would add to the bad azz stance.
And if you didn't figure it out yet, i'm wanting the spikes for the truck and trailer.
Only 100 plus a few spares.
Good luck to you on getting something made, I can't wait to see what happens.

Big John

Old 12-26-2011, 04:18 AM

I'm just not set up to do them in the quantaty needed I also am starting to learn where to stop I do know somebody who can . what material? Stainless Steal or aluminum ?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 AM

workin on this but need quantity , so any more intrested ?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

I agree with you Steve! Needs to be made on a CNC lathe or screw machine. Real pain to make by hand unless you only needed 20 or so. Would be pricey option any way you go.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
workin on this but need quantity , so any more intrested ?
Steve like we talked before I need enuff for the front of one truck so that would be 20 but I would be in for 20 more depending on cost as I know they wont be cheap.

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

Old 12-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I know thier not going to be cheap. The last time I talked to Ric from precision, I think they were right at a dollar a piece for the wedico wheels. Now that been said, if I went stainless, that will make the cost go up i'm sure. And if i'm guessing corectly, they will be more than that.
When you hear what the cost may be, please let us know...enquiring minds want to know.

Big John

Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Weaver Of Dreams

I need 100 for sure but probably better have some extras, so 120 for sure.... for now.. either stainless or aluminum. my thoughts are being that small stainless would be hard as he!! to polish where aluminum would be a LOT easier.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
I need 100 for sure but probably better have some extras, so 120 for sure.... for now.. either stainless or aluminum. my thoughts are being that small stainless would be hard as he!! to polish where aluminum would be a LOT easier.
I agree with you Mike, aluminum would be the way to go.

Big John