RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM

lee.means is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Something new to rc

you need this only been stuck ! time in the last 20 years
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Only once? Must be in Monatana this beast, somewhere around Great Falls?

I know some one here in sw Sask that has a 450HP BUD, his smokes like that all the time too... not very economical, but he doesn't care, he's 6'7" and loves the roomy cab.

Joe
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 AM

lee.means is on a distinguished road

No I'm in Idaho.its a 525/50 and its pushing like 600Hp it pulls 50ft big G Flexible Double Offset Discs. it pulls really hard it gets about 35 gph it has a 500gal tank. but the good side is 1hr 30mins dose 90 acres
Old 05-30-2013, 08:32 PM
BANNED

Are you sure on your acre count? 50ft implement, he'd have to be travelling about 11mph.. double discs don't work well at high speeds!

My 51ft air drill @5.5mph = 33ac/hr, but the reality with headland turning & other obstacles throughout the middle, it's more like 28-31ac/hr on mile long strips... less for 1/2 mile square quarters.

How deep is he working? My lil 325hp Panther is pulling a Sunflower 35ft double offset @3" & hardly breaks a sweat @4.5mph (sandy clay loam soil)... although I just got it last Fall & it was so dry that the implement was either riding on top or pulling up softball sized lumps... I only did 40ac, then quit! waited for rain that never came. I didn't seed that half this spring, it's in such disarray, weeds & tall stubble... probably disc it early July, seed it to winter wht in late Aug.

Joe
Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 PM
BANNED

Here's what I have 'MacGuyver'd' in the last couple days... Princess Auto PowerFist 6.5HP, 2.5g/m hyd pack and a Wire Winder to roll up old barbed wire fence. I've got about 20miles of old fence around native & tame grass pastures that my dad built back in the late 60's - 70's to remove & replace over the next couple of summers. Plus remove some fence permanently.

I took my Ranger to town this morning to plumb it all & get it working. Gonna go out this afternoon to wrap up a 3 wire 1/2mile fence so I can join a 1/4 with a 1/2 section together and farm it as one big field.

Joe
Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's a lot of wire to roll up! I hope you don't have to back up the entire time?
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Green Horn

Location: Mount Evelyn/Lilydale Area, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 3796
Kingcam2 is on a distinguished road

Cool toy Joe,

How the farm life going?

I'm just sold last of my firewood stock pile last week, I've got to make up 10 more cubic meters to fill 3 order I have book in.

If any one call about firewood I just tell them that I am out of firewood, and I am not taking any order for one Month so I can make more firewood.

From Cameron.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Acadieman is on a distinguished road

I just completed a cross Canada trip, and the prairies impressed me.
I can see why you would need a tool for all that wire! I wondered how the farmers installed and maintained it all.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

i was down to wood mountain park this weekend. Really missed that part of the province!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM
BANNED

A necessary evil to keep new & up to date 2014 CR9070 ...my 1st piece of equip with a Tier 4 emissions.

Kind of a cold day here to start this ol dog without being plugged in... drive it outside & wait a half hour before I could see inside again.

Joe
Old 03-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Green Horn

ekim is on a distinguished road

I live in Idaho as well and was thinking that maybe I saw that beast!!!!!

Michael (ekim)
Old 05-01-2014, 02:26 AM
BANNED

Brought home another new toy for the farm.... the middle piece of equipment... the seed cart I got a couple yrs ago, spread out the heart-attack cost.

By the looks of the forecast, it'll be another week yet before I get to try it out!

Joe
Old 05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

in the big big times now!
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:38 PM

Pretty serious equipment!
Will that save you time?
If you don't mind me asking, how many acres do you harvest?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:15 AM
BANNED

Sorta Dean... the neighbor on the other side of the fence, you should see his new 70 foot SeedMaster with 850bu seed cart! My drill cost about 1/3 what his did. He plants over 10,000ac every spring & has a lot more road miles between fields than I do.

I crop just over 3400ac... with 800ac winter wheat sowed last fall, that leaves 2600ac to do this spring

Depending on what crop I'm planting and the amount of fertilizer I'm using, last yr with 51 feet I was seeding 300 per day avg... although sometimes I'd peak 400ac in a day. The 1st 3hrs of my day is spent spraying two tank fills of glyphosate covering 400ac.

This new drill is 60 feet, nearly 20% bigger, but with laying down more seed/fert per pass, I'll defineitely need to fill cart atleast one more time in a day, which takes about an hour to do. I'm hoping I'll achieve 400ac avg over the duration... maybe peak 500ac in a day if I have more than a day's worth sprayed ahead so I can start right away seeding... but those are killer long days of 19 - 20hrs!

Excessive weather delays resulting in high stress with late May - early June planting is a great motivator though.

Currently, this is the next 6days of either cloud and/or rain.
http://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/sk-11_metric_e.html

It's early yet... I'll sleep well for the next week while waiting for sunshine.

Joe
Old 05-04-2014, 07:41 AM

Hopefully the weather will clear up!
What's the goal of the glyphosate?

Sounds like a good investment as it'll speed up the process, Big Red has a good load now. The combine from earlier looks nice too. Combines are expensive, but they seem to be replaced fairly often.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 AM
BANNED

Chemically burn off all the existing weed & volunteer growth so the new year's crop gets the best start possible. In crop spraying is 5-6 weeks later , the next flush of weeds are much smaller than the crop & easy to kill! After that, the crop flourishes, stools out to canopy the ground and block any sunshine for future weed growth during the growing season.

Actually, the old drill was single shoot & I was using a 4” stealth tip to spread the seed & fert together... this new drill being double shoot with a 1” opener & 3.5” spreader 3/4" above is less iron in the ground & should pull considerably easier... I’m already kicking myself for not going to 70’ width! ...I’ll see how it goes this yr.

I loaded up my seed cart today, calibrated the seed drives, ready to go tomorrow late afternoon... after I put out 3 or 4 tanks of spray starting at noon. It's gonna freeze again tonite, the scientific analysis is wait 24hrs for the weeds to recover to uptake the chemical better... but rain is coming again Friday night for the wkend... 2009 it froze every night till May 20th, but I still sprayed everyday & still got a good weed kill.

Joe
Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Something new to rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
100ft, 103.5ft w/fenceline nozzles.

It sure is a big improvement over the 16yr old 100ft pull type, can travel nearly 3x the speed in the field & just about double speed on the road!

The greatest feature of all it is the five section auto-shutoff. Auto-steer shaved off about 10% of the acres for both seeding/spraying, I'm hoping to gain another 5% on the spray.

Continuous cropping everything came on strong in the later 90's. The Richardson Ground Squirrel (gopher) was dominant in the hayland/pastures for-ever, but 50/50 crop/fallow kept them out of the cropland. The f#@%^&ing treehuggers got our 2% strychnine banned from regular use for rodent control in 99, so the gophers got over populated in the pastures and started moving out into the crops... and why not with an unlimited food supply!

So fast forward to 07, gopher populations are out of control, crop damage in the $40-100/acre or more, holes everywhere, badgers the natural predator to the gopher & they dig holes the size of a basketball / along with the huge mound of dirt on the surface... these pull type sprayers with small 24 inch wheels to carry the booms are getting the shyt beat out of them even at 5-6mph. I use to spray @ 9.5mph.

Now with this self propel with its huge tires with its long footprint on the ground, I can drive over the holes without dropping into them. Also I can spray 3x the acres as the pull type in the same alloted time, making myself more self efficient when the weather is agreeable.

We got our strychnine back in 08, but it's not as potent as the old stuff. It still works, though I wonder at times... but then again the populations were huge a few yrs ago. And now with extremely wet weather for the past yr, getting poison out in the spring/early summer has been next to impossible. I put out many cases in 09, covered most of the farm twice, some of it three times and I do notice a reduction in populations, but worse than ever now is the badger holes everywhere.

The last couple yrs I've been doing about 15% tillage during the growing season, which means 15% less crop planted/harvested. Something I'm shopping for currently is a big field disc, as much as I can pull with my 1325 Panther Steiger, so I can till the bad areas after harvest - before the snow flies. Then maybe I can continue on with 100% cropping again. We only grow one crop yr here & the season is pretty short!

That's my plan, anyway. This yr is so wet that I only got half planted. Now I got lots of chem fallow to do, which is the biggest reason why I bought this outfit sooner than later.

I'll fill with it water this afternoon & go out & play with it some more... alot of buttons & settings to fine tune yet. In crop herbicides will likely start next week sometime.... if the sun will shine?!
kill em all let god sort out the critters lol
Old 05-09-2014, 01:00 AM
BANNED

I got a bit of a surprise today... I put some water in the sprayer & went to the field to do a pressure check and HOLY $%^& water everywhere! 5 section boom & 4 of them are split in many places.

This was 11am, quick call to dealership, bring it to town & start fixing... we got 'er rebuilt by 5pm... I was home & loaded by 6pm, buzzed the 1st tank by 7pm & the 2nd tank by 8:30 with some daylight to spare.

Last Fall, I had this SP sprayer in town for its bumper to bumper check (warranty is only for the 1st season), before I left I poured their sprayer guard antifreeze into the tank & flushed it through my booms... they know that... they'll see what they can do for me $ parts & time wise... but my dealership is owned by a much larger dealership in the city & although the small town work ethic & good service is still there - big city still has the final word ...and lately it seems not in the favor of the customer.

Tomorrow 1st thing, go find out if the drill is gonna work right out of the gate...

Joe
Old 05-10-2014, 01:03 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

Joe- How many hours were on the "old" combine? I got my first combine in Febuary a 1998 John Deere 9510 2500 engine, and 1500 separator hours. The previous owner was great about maintenance so we paid a higher price for it. Since then we bought a 9610 and another 9510, but mine is the best.

How big of a head will you be running with this combine? What are your thoughts on Tier 4 Emissions?

Last edited by RCTech9; 05-10-2014 at 01:06 AM.