RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Journeyman

pigeonfarmboy is on a distinguished road
Default RCT&C Midwest Spring Meet

Got everything lined up to make this happen! Gonna be a blast. Here's more info:

-Please bring folding tables, chairs, and extension cords for setting up charging stations and the like. I'll bring all I have but it may not be quite enough.

-I intend to start on Saturday around 9am and go till we can't stay awake anymore. I will have worklights setup for night playtime.

-There is a portajohn at the field and the Mobil Gas Station is a couple minutes away if that's preferred.

-Again if there is enough interest I'll make sure a Radio Programming Seminar and Battery Charging/Storage Seminar happen.

-I'm hoping to have a model turbine jet fly so you guys can see that. Pretty awesome if you've never seen it.

-At this point I'm only know that a few people are coming to this. If you could please post up and let me know if you're coming that would be great. Entry fee will be based on number of participants but I'd like to keep it $20 maximum. (All money goes to our club for use of this facility. I would like to keep this an annual event.)

{I'll save this section for more info on the Hotel (ie if we can get a block with any discounts)}

Hotel options:
Best Western Monticello Gateway Inn
805 Iron Horse Pl.
Monticello IL 61856
217-762-9436
(Nice new modern/clean hotel w/pool)

Foster Inn
1414 N. Market St.
Monticello IL 61856
217-762-9835
(Cheaper option, I haven't looked at any reviews but have heard they recently remodeled all rooms. It's an old place but probably quite a bit cheaper. I'd be happy to look into this option for anyone if they want)

Camping:
You can camp at the field for no charge. Please see me before deciding where to park an RV or where to setup tents. Again there are no hookups for septic/water.

Clinton Lake State Rec Area
1751 Ranger Rd.
Dewitt IL 61735
217-935-8722
(About 30 minutes from the event location.)

Recommended Nearby Restaurants:
Filippo's Pizza (my personal favorite pizza)
Brown Bag Deli
Main Street Pub
3 Ravens
Dairy Queen
McDonalds
Hardees
Subway
El Toro
Monical's Pizza
(Red Wheel closest to field is not very good....neither is our Chinese place, you've been warned)

County Market is our grocery store in town.

Activities for kids:
Nick's Park (large wooden playground)
Railway Museum (right by the field)

Please try to get the word out about this event. I know we have a good number of guys on here that don't visit the board regularly.