RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Clubs/Groups and Events > Central Plains Mini Truckers Club

Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Green Horn

YoungGunz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kansas show April 19-21 2013

Really short notice, but my girlfriend and I might be heading that way just to get away for the weekend. We would have my truck, dump trailer and my 1/10 pick up. I would only need a table for my tools and for my charger. I'm really hoping I can leave town and come to the show. I should know more tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:38 AM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGunz View Post
Really short notice, but my girlfriend and I might be heading that way just to get away for the weekend. We would have my truck, dump trailer and my 1/10 pick up. I would only need a table for my tools and for my charger. I'm really hoping I can leave town and come to the show. I should know more tomorrow.
Hey J.D. no worries I have plenty of space still and you two are more than welcome to come out as we would love to have ya there. I really wanna see that dump in action again. I hope to have mine working this week if all goes well.

As for everyone else, the show is only two weeks away!!! I can't believe it's almost here. It sounds like we are going to have a really good turn out and from the sounds of it here as well I have several local guys that can't wait to help us setup and maybe pick up a few trucks that may somehow come up for sale? "Bob & Aaron" "cough" "cough"

Anyways I went out to the shop and measured today space wise and in the one main bay in the center it is 25'x100' all the way across the shop. We also have use of both the bays next to it although there are some things set around so the total main area that we will have is approximately a 75'x50' taking up about half the area. I am kinda figuring on having a large area for the dirt of about 20'x20' and all the tables and "pit area" stuff off to the side by the office area and bathrooms.

Dependent on the weather if it is nice enough we will even have an area out front on the concrete pad for more space to run.

We will also have the area setup at the large truck show as well so the public can kinda see what we have and also let everyone mosey around the full size trucks and also have a large area for us to run of about 30'x30' there Saturday afternoon as well.

If anyone has anymore specifics they would like to know about please don't hesitate to ask me on here or call me. If you don't have my number send me a PM and I will get it to you. I will also be making a map with directions this week for everyone that should lead you all to where the shows will be taking place.

Thanks a ton guys and this wouldn't be possible without everyones attendance and cooperation.

Tyler
Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Journeyman

Alrighty guys and gals the show is comming up this weekend. I have everything getting ready for the show. The weather is looking great so far and nice and warm. I will be setting up the shop all morning thursday and into the afternoon. We will be fully up and running first thing friday morning and we can even be running thrusday night for those of you comming in Thursday. I will have several tables and lots of chairs setup along with all the dirt and some roadways marked out. We will have a couple of piles one inside and one outside so there is plenty of places to run. I will have some sand as well for something different.

From what I'm gathering from everyone is that we will have a couple of bridges, some conveyors and also several other odds and ends buildings along with a dock I'm putting together this week.

We are going to have an array of stuff for everyone from show trucks to work horses.

If you guys have anything specific you'd like to see there let me know and we will see about making it happen.

Will be seeing you guys this weekend.

Tyler
Old 04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Journeyman

For everyone wanting to know where the show is for an exact address here it is.

200 Manchester Ave, Newton, KS

If you need to call me when you get close shoot me a pm and I'll get you my number.

I will gladly direct anyone here as easily as possible.

Will see you all in a day or two.

Tyler
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

We been on the road for a few hours now! So we are on our way!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
We been on the road for a few hours now! So we are on our way!
Hey Aaron did you pack your RC tornado chaser or your RC snow plow?, Tell Dorthy and Toto we said hi!

PS. Have fun and take lots of pictures!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

We are in Russlleville,Ar we should be more than half way. We are going to leave bout 600 or700 see Yall tomorrow. Didn't have room for the bridge ,guess we gonna have to get a trailer like Aaron .
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

please post pictures as the weekend goes along for US that couldn't be there

and/or tell us the web page for the truck show
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 PM

RoadFlyer is on a distinguished road

Just reading this post today. Getting my Knight Hauler in the mail next week. Would have loved to go to this meet. Is it possible they will be having it next year? I live in California but would drive out to Kansas for sure. Please post photos and videos of this event and maybe see you all next year.

Anyone know of a meet coming up in a few months out west here?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Hey Aaron did you pack your RC tornado chaser or your RC snow plow?, Tell Dorthy and Toto we said hi!

PS. Have fun and take lots of pictures!
No but almost had to take the trucks out of my house in a boat My whole city is flooded!!! BUT my basement is dry!!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
No but almost had to take the trucks out of my house in a boat My whole city is flooded!!! BUT my basement is dry!!
We got about half the rain you did and watching the news wondered how your house was doing, its good to hear yours is dry!
Woke up this morning to snow!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
We got about half the rain you did and watching the news wondered how your house was doing, its good to hear yours is dry!
Woke up this morning to snow!
one part of the roof that didn't get fixed leaked a little but nothing major at all maybe a bowl full of water...

When I get home and sort thru the pics and videos from this weekend I will post a new thread on it. Had a ton of fun this weekend. Had a great time and got all my trucks nice and dirty!!! and just like St Louis I used the orange globe like a dozer... HAHAHAHA
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Journeyman

Thanks to all the guys that came this weekend and enjoyed some play time at the show.

We had a pretty good turn out and lots of fun between both our get together show and the antique truck show. There were lots of spectators drooling over all the little "toys" that we were running and some very envious little kids wishing they were Liam and Jordyn.

I had a great time as did most I believe. We will definitely have this setup going again next year for all those that missed out. I know there will be plenty of pictures for everyone later this evening and throughout this week taken at the show.

Tyler
Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM

bigmudbronco is on a distinguished road

Is there going to be another show next yr?