RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 volt and MFCU...

OK guy's and gal's, does anybody know if I can run a 12 volt battery with the MFCU without blowing everything to eternity?

If there is something to reduce the voltage going to the unit, does someone have the answer?

I am running 1:1 led's under the frame rails on my Scania and tanker trailers, and 12 volt wedico rotators.

Any ideas?

Thanx fellow mini truckers, Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 AM
It's a dry 115 degrees.

SonoranWraith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 12 volt and MFCU...

12v is a no go for the MFU. Get yourself a separate BEC that outputs 7.2 to the MFU.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoranWraith View Post
12v is a no go for the MFU. Get yourself a separate BEC that outputs 7.2 to the MFU.
I gotcha buddy, I will run seperate battery packs, 1 for the truck (7.2) and the led's/rotators (12v)

Thankyou very much, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK y'all, I know 12v is not acceptable with the mfcu.
Is there anything I can do to reduce the voltage to the mfcu?
I know there is voltage regulators to add extra lights to the unit.
I am trying to eliminate some batteries.
I don't mean to be a bother, but I want to do it once and be done.

Thanx, Big John

Old 06-18-2011, 12:59 AM

aussietruckerguy is on a distinguished road

well you could run the leds on 7.2 volts as thats what im doing, and would say to try running the rotators on 7.2 volts as that shouldn't be a big deal. With the real trucks we can run 24 volt rotating beacons on 12 volts just means that they go slow. Im loving in the real world multi volt trailers as in Australia We have alot of european prime movers and now alot of the trailers are made in China which use the american 12 volt systems.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussietruckerguy View Post
well you could run the leds on 7.2 volts as thats what im doing, and would say to try running the rotators on 7.2 volts as that shouldn't be a big deal. With the real trucks we can run 24 volt rotating beacons on 12 volts just means that they go slow. Im loving in the real world multi volt trailers as in Australia We have alot of european prime movers and now alot of the trailers are made in China which use the american 12 volt systems.
Thanx buddy, I never thought of that. I will charge a battery pack and see what it will do.

Big John