RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 05-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Criticizing peoples builds

Hello everyone i have a real big gripe about something ,i have been holding my tongue for a few tears now but i gotta tell you something happened just just burned my blood today.I am a huge fan of this hobby and love it to death but it irks me to no end how some people can be just truly stupid and ridiculous .i believe all builds whether you are new at it or an old pro are all equally important as the next guys .it bothers me when i hear guys or gals say my builds are not good enough to show with yours or they are afraid to post pics because they feel like their builds look like crap.well boys and girls i am here to tell you they do not look like crap!!!!!! we have all been there and we all started out with something we felt was not that great ,but it is.all builds are important and i love to see them ,and from time to time we offer some constructive advice to help out one another whether its a" oh i know how you can do that" or "guys i want to do this ..has anybody ever done this before"?..trust me it all helps us out in the end and we are quite happy with what we end up with.the other thing is i am not sure about anybody else on here and i can only speak for myself ,but i am and never will be in competition with anybody here or anywhere else with anything i do ..i am a grown man and i do not have time for that kind of pettiness. I build what i would want in my fleet if i can afford it in real life ..so far Zeus is the only one..lol Anybody who knows me and knows me well will confirm this.I do not care if you want to copy any of my builds for your own collection or to sell or whatever you want,there is one exception to this rule and that is Zeus.i cannot force people not to do it , all i can do is ask nicely to please not copy anything about that truck.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:46 AM

Wiskybilt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

I've seen your builds and they are looking great. I'm not sure which one is Zues, but my favorite is the old rusty looking one
Old 05-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

now i told you that because here is my gripe..i started to build Optimus Prime several years ago and this particular guy from scale4x4.org who is has joined here too now has been following my build for awhile until i guess he decided he was going to build one also.this person proceeded to pick my build apart on scale 4x4 talking about" oh the trailer is not to scale "..or "oh the paint is alittle off on yours " or" i am going to go all out for my build because i feel if you are going to build a replica it should be done right"...we had words on that forum about this and that was it ..i basically said i am not in competition with anybody then nor am i in competition with anybody now.they kinda backed off abit then. But it amazes me how some peoples lives are so dull and boring that they have to pick something out of a crowd and proceed to try to "do one better than that ",and still after all this time pick at things when their build is not exact .again i am in no competition with anybody nor do i care to ,i would just not bother to post anything ever again than to put up with this crap!!!!they went on to build their build and with lots of things that do not match up to the real one .i found a few inconsistencies with it but chose not to pick their build apart because maybe thats all they can afford or that is the extent of their skill level ,whatever it is we are supposed to encourage people to build and be proud of what they do .That is the way i am ,i am not here to judge of criticize anybody.and i really think some people need to mind their own business and like the old saying goes "if you do not have anything nice to say then shut f$%#$%^^ up!!!!!!!! well i added the last part which is my own instead of don't say anything at all
Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

in closing of this rant .i would like to encourage people to build what they want ,....when they want...how ever they want and try not to let others get you down on your builds .they are just as cool and important as the next guy or gal even though you may not think so .i have been building for over 40yrs now and there is no place in this hobby or anything that is fun for people that think unless something is perfect then it will never do .build it to the best you can and be very proud of what you have done because at the end of the day it is YOUR build
Old 05-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskybilt View Post
I've seen your builds and they are looking great. I'm not sure which one is Zues, but my favorite is the old rusty looking one
Zeus is my 1985 Kenworth W900B modelled after my real one.it is purple with airbrushed lightning bolts all over it and i just recently scratchbuilt a scale 53ft Great Dane Stainless Spread Axle Reefer Trailer ..thank you for the compliment Wiskybilt
Old 05-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with 1985 this is for show and tell. Not for people to tell you what you do wrong, or a beauty contest... 1985 you build great looking truck and ones that are so different that they stand out......

I do not post many pictures of my build for that exact reasons..

One thing I have found out about building if you do not ask question and try to do things different from other.. You will never learn anything......

Just my 2 cents...

Wayne
Old 05-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

100% with you 85
my blue/white pete is a close enough copy of a 1/64 copy of the real truck
to make me happy!! paint might not be perfect or the right shade of blue but who cares
two members of this forum were able to tell what truck I was building.
mom always told me if you cant say something nice then shut up!!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 10:29 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

This is the truck Dwayne is talking about

And if memory serves me correct the name on the bumper lights up ?
Dwayne the rivet counters have there place, but if there cant say anything good about peoples builds maybe they should take a minute to think of how they started also remember not everyone has the money to pump into builds with every bit of bling they can find and that doesnt always make them good,

Cheers Tracy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

thank you guys everyone's response here is awesome!!!! i am glad that i am not the only one who feels this way ..i love each and everyone's builds ..like i told one person awhile ago when they picked my BJ and the Bear build apart by saying the wheelbase was too long and i hooked it to my scale 48ft flatbed trailer with mini bungees as straps and this gent told me the wheelbase is too long and that who uses bungees on a load ...lol
i simply replied ..."i didn't know DOT was inspecting r/c trucks now"
Old 05-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossett View Post
This is the truck Dwayne is talking about

And if memory serves me correct the name on the bumper lights up ?
Dwayne the rivet counters have there place, but if there cant say anything good about peoples builds maybe they should take a minute to think of how they started also remember not everyone has the money to pump into builds with every bit of bling they can find and that doesnt always make them good,

Cheers Tracy
Yes Cossett that is the very truck i am talking about and yes the name does light up and omg there is rocks in the tread better get them out of there or i cannot post the pic 10-4 on the rivet counters
Old 05-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
100% with you 85
my blue/white pete is a close enough copy of a 1/64 copy of the real truck
to make me happy!! paint might not be perfect or the right shade of blue but who cares
two members of this forum were able to tell what truck I was building.
mom always told me if you cant say something nice then shut up!!!!
Bigford ...yes sir you got that right my man
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
I agree with 1985 this is for show and tell. Not for people to tell you what you do wrong, or a beauty contest... 1985 you build great looking truck and ones that are so different that they stand out......

I do not post many pictures of my build for that exact reasons..

One thing I have found out about building if you do not ask question and try to do things different from other.. You will never learn anything......

Just my 2 cents...

Wayne
yes Wayne it is sad that it has come to this at times because you build some different awesome rigs yourself..love them to death my friend ,i am like a kid in a candy store when you tell me "oh i will have such and such truck at our next meet to show you guys "
Old 05-30-2015, 01:04 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

Hey hey hey, easy on the rivet counter bashing recovered 1 right here

Old 05-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Steve nobody is bashing rivet counters here..in fact i would think a counter made of rivets would be hard to put drinks on without spilling it ....i know bad joke and this is where i hear ..keep your day job right
Old 05-30-2015, 01:23 PM
Journeyman

kaptain Jack is on a distinguished road

Only stupid people will criticize some ones build. We all go to the forum to see great trucks, workmanship, paint job, technical ideas. It inspires as and drives forward the appetite to build and become better at what we do. Looking back at early models: how proud we where, hey, I built a truck and painted it my self.... Now, few years later we ourselves can see all the imperfections in workmanship and say:"boy did I post it for everyone to see?...how embarrassing". But that's what learning is about,to better ourselves,to stride towards perfection. Our builds are our baby's.So, Dwayne, if someone doesn't like your baby. Screw HIM.!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Green Horn

Car5858 will become famous soon enoughCar5858 will become famous soon enough

I think the builds are all great, I look at them and think of ways I can use the ideas for what I am building. Some things I would do differently due to money, time and health constraints, but the important part is the doing. We are always our own worst critic. This is where our pride comes into play. Not everyone's pride gets in the way and we actually learn something.

So this is what I have to say to the nay Sayers, When your health and ability starts to fail your pride, remember that we are here for the enjoyment of the hobby that we love.

We do what we can when we can.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Journeyman

Exclusive RC is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, its the nature of the beast.... I too being a proud rivet counter am all about the detail and how things should be.... Idk about everyone else but I wasnt born knowing these things, it took some time to craft my skill. Some ppl will get there and some wont... constructive criticism is always appreciated and expected. The problem is when you do good work the only ones complaining are the jealous ones or the ones who cant do what you do.... With that being said its sad to say but the only real way to keep your stuff from getting copied is to just not post it at all for the world to see.... The min you post it up anywhere online it then becones the whole worlds business, it sucks but its the risk of dealing with the world wide web..... As far as the negativity goes you just have to learn to ignore them.... it works best and makes them even more MAD
Old 05-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Brian I agree with you, Constructive criticism is one thing but it never seems to stop there. I have never complained about people suggesting how I can make thing better.. but when they pick it apart for the sack of saying something to knock a build it just sucks.... There is a number of builders on here that when I post a picture of a build in progress or just finished I can not wait to see what they have to say, because they will be honest.. and that is what helps.. then there is other that have never posted a picture of there trucks and do a lot of talking about what everyone else should do....

This is a very raw subject for me....
Old 05-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

One will generally bump into grown-up people with 'kindergarden mentality' now and then, naturally at these forums too. I feel these people are just a small minority, so just ignore them totally, is my best advice. If one goes out there and proclaim 'this is my latest build, and it is a 100% correct replica', naturally it will be a magnet for some people examine everything and try finding mistakes. If one does not proclaim something like that a all, only silly people will start a 'competition' and publically criticize details they mean is wrong..This is a hobby too most of us, and it is much a matter of time how detailed one choose to build. Someone want to spend 10 years perfectioning a model, others choose to built 10 models in 10 years, the most important thing is have a good time and enjoy!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dwayne, Wayne and Brian. I couldn't agree more. It seems the more effort you put into building something that you like the more people want to chew it apart or in some cases not give it any opinion at all. I joined this forum because I love building trucks more and wanted to learn from the masters like you guys and more on how they did there stuff and hopefully be good enough to offer help to some of the new builders that are starting out. I think I like building more than keeping them or playing with them. Some of my builds are good some are not so good but I enjoy all of them. This is supposed to a supportive " we're all in it together community type Forum" and unfortunately some guys ruin for the rest. My .02