RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Sound Systems tech

Sound Systems tech This section is dedicated to the sound systems for our models. Tamiya MFU, Servonaut, etc.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:26 PM

Bill 832 is on a distinguished road
Default Tamiya MFU and interior

Well fellas my semi is coming right along, and I have gotten a lot of good advice here! Once I figure out how to upload pics, I will get some on, but I am about as good at computers as your family dog. I am up to the mechanism deck for the Knight Hauler, and have the MFU. I am figuring that you fellas have already figured out how to have both the MFU and interior, based on some of the construction talents I have seen here. Any tricks for gettin it done?
Old 12-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tamiya MFU and interior

In the knight it is very easy.. The knight was built for the MFU the other trucks they just made parts to stuff the MFU in them. The MFU and large speaker box and receiver will fit in the sleeper and all you will need is 12" servo leds to extend your servo wires..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM

So I can do it without any mods? That would be cool. Will try when I get to the step and see how it shakes out. Thanks. So far have really liked the build, with the small exception of tightening my fuel tanks down too tight and cracking the plastic mounts where the screws are. Now if I can only decide on a company name........
Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Really if you follow the book for the truck and the MFU it will all fit right in with no modding it all..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 PM

That is soooo cool. I was hoping for that, Cause it just don't look right without the interior. I wonder why the darn book says to not use the interior though? I don't doubt you at all, don't get me wrong. It is just funny that they would do that.....and thank you for the help. Was just talking to my kid ( 16, so almost not a kid) about going on a road trip next year with this thing to a show. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and seeing some other trucks. We race RC a lot, have rock crawlers, but no too many trucks here in Milwaukee that I know of yet.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:07 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi bill,this is how I have my set up, I used the small speaker box and put that in the roof with double sided foam tape to absorb vibration/shock, stood the MFU up about 20mm behind the seats so a false wall could go in and the futaba servo wires just reached, and just need to find a new home for my spektrum receiver.

Cheers Tracy

Old 01-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Sorry couldn't reply, was busy checking things off the honeydo list! Thanks for the pics and advice, got the speaker already mounted in the smaller box, and it should work just fine i think. I am sure I will be on with more once I get further.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

So, ah, Tracy, who's the hot blonde in the driver's seat? Actually I'm more interested in where you got her and how she scales out as a driver. I can't seem to find any good action figures.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Nathan, have you looked at Toys R Us? http://www.toysrus.com/category/inde...goryId=2255958 A whole lot of choice's to sift through! http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11931656 4'' tall figure's
Cheer's, Neil.

Last edited by doodlebug; 01-08-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Niel. Never crossed my mind, because the nearest one is over 100 miles away, but I guess you could always order online. I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid.....
Old 01-08-2012, 02:52 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

I Nathan I got my GI JOE girls on evil bay as the local shops didn't have them when I wanted them.....

Cheers Tracy

Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Darn and I just ordered a guy figure too from Garden trucking! got most of my wiring done, and made a false wall from styrene for between the cab and sleeper. gotta just fashion a drape (I think from a cut piece of a black garbage bag) for the wall, but it looks like everything will fit just fine. Now gotta get one of those joe girls.........