RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2013, 01:41 AM

Tp_hofmann is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
so my question is what is the better truck? i know in the race world people tend to not like tamiya's, me i have built tons of tamiya's and for the most part there stuff is right on there is a few car's i owned by them that well... sucked (f-201 tb-02 ff-02) but they all had there charm. my only thing with tamiya trucks are the odd scaling for 1/14-1/15 and the floppy front end.
Well-i still think everybody has to decide or him/herself on the personal preference. In my club, we have mixed wedico, tamiya & scaleart and despite the sliggt scale difference we have lots of fun playing all together.

In addition: i have seen trucks based on "bruder cabs" or tamiya, which have been amazing!

My main priority is the building of a truck: saving the $/€, acuqiring the parts and building models for use (i focus on construction type of trucks) - my majority of trucks rely on wedico cabs and chassis, axles are from rust/scaleart, suspension from osswald/premacon, gearboxes are from wedico/veroma/scaleart being complemented by wedico/servonaut/scaleart/leimbach additions - so i like bilding best of breed :-)

I have seen the last tamiya actros and price/performance is simply amazing (compare the whole kit just with a scaleart gearbox...)

Some of us enjoy building kit models, others prefer custom builts - its a hobby, so we should accept different preferences and styles.

Last comment regardi g wedico: they clearly created this hobby, but today it is not sufficient to live from the brand and innovate, otherwise you are easily surpussed by the competitiors

Br,
Tom