RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-24-2015, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Oh it's getting wore out Mario, a lot of it is 8yrs old. New roads coming soon indeed! Build everything from 1/2 sheet, bolt it all together with steel strapping b/c the trks are only going to get bigger from here on out.

So I got this remote camera last fall for my FWA Ford & grain pup just incase fields were gonna be too wet for tandem grain trk... fortunately the sun came out & stayed for several weeks straight & we never had to resort to that method of hauling the crop off the field. I tried out the camera today, mounted the camera on my old satellite dish for internet, it gave a perfect view of pile. Took the viewer with me downstairs & as soon as I turned on Spektrum radios for B50 & JD850, the view screen scrambled.

Refer to manual on the wireless camera to discover that the frequency iftoperates on is 2.4Ghz, the same as my radios.

So anyways, hoofed it up & down the stairs for another couple hrs before dark again today & moved a tonne of dirt out! It's been several yrs now since I've seen the corner of this wall.

With so much summer rainfall the last couple yrs, the moisture has come from under the wood wall & has risen nearly to the top of pile & outward a few feet. This fine clay is just like a sponge!

Joe
Old 03-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

the plywood looks like it pressure treated should be ok for a few years hehe some of that would can take 15 20 years in the ground depends on material thickness and how well it was soaked works good for bugs and rodents lol poison
Old 03-24-2015, 04:35 PM
BANNED

It's 5/8's pws, it was a mofo getting 4x8 sheets down the stairs by myself! It'll still be there long after I'm gone.

Joe
Old 03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

With all that moisture happening Joe, maybe a moat is the next project ! Looks like you were trying to break your new ADT, you will have to get the road crew to do some road work..
Greg
Old 03-24-2015, 11:50 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

i have an idea for you joe make an rc tbm machine to do the tunnel to the shop lol
Old 04-10-2015, 11:44 PM

RandalLovelace is on a distinguished road

I literally just rolled through 56 pages of this story - and I am amazed at you and the R/Cs. (I also watched all related videos - thankfully my ISP isn't lame or I'd have killed a usage limit within a week).

I'm planning a 'King Hauler' custom build - and at least 3 trailers: flat 40', lowboy 45', and a 'rock hauler' at 30' (1:1 sizes scaled properly to 1:14). After viewing all of this - I already know what parts to upgrade from the start on the truck, and where to make sure I reinforce on my custom trailers (especially the rock hauler).
Old 04-11-2015, 11:36 AM
BANNED

Thank you for your interest. And your welcome.

For a rock hauler trl, whether you go hydraulic or screwdrive, a 22' box would be plenty.

Joe
Old 04-12-2015, 04:52 PM
BANNED

It's been a month since I started hauling out, measuring the pile 16'x10'x1.3'/27 = 7.7 cu yd... there was close to 2cu yd there when I started, so it's been a good month for getting dirt out!

Joe
Old 04-16-2015, 01:22 AM
BANNED

So yesterday I got a "back up" camera to try out, it works on 12v & I have a DC lead acid battery outside to provide power. The camera is about 9' high, top of my living room window, at that height it gave me the best view so I could reasonably see the edges of the pile so I didn't get too close & roll off the edge. The vid screen's resolution is not that great, the B50 is a bit blurry. And the video view, it's like a mirror image; what you see to be a left turn is actually a right turn, kinda tricky to drive.

Pile outside is getting quite massive!

I made a video today showing the back up cam, but too much light from the basement window hitting the GoPro, can't see the vid display on b/c cam.

https://youtu.be/RExf6X2zpbk

Joe
Old 04-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

Good idea.
just a thought my go pro is wireless , meaning I can see whats going on on my lap top.
if you were to fit your camera to the truck and have a wireless lap top or smart phone it would be easy enough to drive up the road ,but backing up will be a bit of an issue.
cheers andy
Old 04-16-2015, 04:12 PM
BANNED

Difficult to place a camera anywhere on this B50.. top of box just clears the opening, the sides of vehicle are barely an inch away from wall & the plastic body is held in place by small magnets.

I did on the internet a wireless security camera that I could access through a internet service network to see it on my IPhone, but then I don't have the data to spare most months anyway.

The joys of living in a remote area comes with some sacrifice, but I wouldn't trade the life to be a bottom feeder city dweller!

Joe
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

I hear you on the city thing, I hate traffic lights and the noise.
problem with the country is the animals, had my axial wraith out in the paddock the other day doing a bit of crawling up a steep little bank, was doing really well until one of our f@#$% cows stood on it!!!!!!!.

lets say from 300 meters away the mrs could hear me..

any way keep the videos coming, and when are we going to see that big dozer doing some work, it looks awesome.

cheers andy
Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 AM

ddc333 is on a distinguished road

Easy solution to the "dump" you have created
At work the wind row on the tip edge has to half the tire height of the largest tire to stop the trucks going through.

It looks just like a mine overburden dump as well
Old 04-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-you have moved a lot of dirt with these models! I like the large bucket on the excavator. Makes sense. Your addition of the camera keeps refining the operation and it is getting really efficient. Nice job!!
Old 04-18-2015, 12:50 AM
BANNED

I lol'd Andy!!! Was it a yearling that chase it down? Funny she didn't crush it with her head.

A good tip Daniel, but from where I'm standing looking out the window, when the B50 is on the far side of pile I barely see the top of the tire. Backing up to the edge to dump is not a problem, when I see the back of the B50 starting to drop, I stop & dump. It's backing up along the far edge of the pile & not knowing how close I was, then the bank giving way & the B50 rolling on its lid & then hyd oil leaking out of the tank... happened once last weekend. No worries with the back up cam now.

10-4 Tom! That big bucket is about 70% larger than stock digging bucket... with a heeping bucket full the 35bar pressure is maxxed out to lift with any sort of speed. I couldn't have gone any bigger. If the stick is out more than 30° from perpendicular, the weight of a bucket full will tip the hoe swinging to the side, and the counterweight is filled full of BB's, more 10lbs.

Getting below ground level now. This B50 is an awesome hauler!

The B50 needs that little patch of plywood there to get out of the hole, the dirt is so dry it's like beach sand, the B50 starts to climb & spins out, going no further otherwise!

I suck at keeping secrets, something that's on my workbench right now ... won't get it done anytime soon b/c it looks like I be seeding middle of next week, probably tomorrow I bring my airdrill home from the welding shop that installed my conveyer. I'll have pics of that in 1:1 thread.

Joe
Old 04-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Wannabe

RCTech9 is on a distinguished road

You should make a tailgate for the "pup" trailer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 AM
BANNED

Definitely on the "to-do" list.

Joe
Old 04-18-2015, 04:37 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

[/QUOTE]

Is this your old wedico dumper Joe?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:27 PM
BANNED

Yep!... the piece of shyt that it was, some of it might be of some use now.

This junk 740 was singularly the costliest mistake I made in this hobby!

Joe
Old 04-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

At the rate your going with it, it might just pay you back.