RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > R/C Truck's Manufacturers/Venders/Retailers > RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories

RCP’s Aluminum Gravel Boxes and Accessories Welded aluminum dump boxes and more

Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 AM

Roadmasters is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
Man great work as always on this thing. I think my yarder will look better with 1/14 trucks because styrene at 1/10 is kind of outrageous. Some day ill have an actual job out of college and get get into alum.
Party boats.... any idiot can do it, including me! No college degree neccisary, just good work ethics

Rcp your truck looks great, I think you've got a best seller on your hands here. Can't wait to see your vendors section

Next East Coast Minitruckers Meet:

Arioch
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmasters View Post
Party boats.... any idiot can do it, including me! No college degree neccisary, just good work ethics

Rcp your truck looks great, I think you've got a best seller on your hands here. Can't wait to see your vendors section
Party boats hey? Sounds interesting! Maybe I have it all wrong but I am picturing a deck loaded with beautiful, scantily clad women, booze and very few dudes...Too bad that I work on a fish boat...It's cold, it stinks and there never is any Rum! How do you get hotties on board with that?lol Oh, never mind...I'm married.

I am looking forward to the vendors section as well and I hope it is a success. I think it would be really cool to see other people get enjoyment out of stuff that I have made...and of course I would enjoy their money...
Old 11-29-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Party boats hey? Sounds interesting! Maybe I have it all wrong but I am picturing a deck loaded with beautiful, scantily clad women, booze and very few dudes...Too bad that I work on a fish boat...It's cold, it stinks and there never is any Rum! How do you get hotties on board with that?lol Oh, never mind...I'm married.

I am looking forward to the vendors section as well and I hope it is a success. I think it would be really cool to see other people get enjoyment out of stuff that I have made...and of course I would enjoy their money...
Well, you've actually kind of got half of it. Around here party boat is a more general term for a head boat. In the evenings we do run cruises though, which can sometimes turn out looking something like what you described. I know all about the smells, haddock are some nasty smelling fish...

Arioch
Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmasters View Post
Well, you've actually kind of got half of it. Around here party boat is a more general term for a head boat. In the evenings we do run cruises though, which can sometimes turn out looking something like what you described. I know all about the smells, haddock are some nasty smelling fish...
So what you're saying is "you're the enemy" from my commercial fishing point of view!lol Just kidding! I had to look up head boat to see what it meant. Around here we call them "charter boats". One of the major charter outfits here operates some larger boats taking 20 or so people at time. We call them "puke boats" because of what generally happens when tourists hit the water for the first time.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
So what you're saying is "you're the enemy" from my commercial fishing point of view!lol Just kidding! I had to look up head boat to see what it meant. Around here we call them "charter boats". One of the major charter outfits here operates some larger boats taking 20 or so people at time. We call them "puke boats" because of what generally happens when tourists hit the water for the first time.
Hahaha, if thats what you want to call us! I would have said charter boat, but I generally think of those as smaller boats. On our smallest boat we will take up to about 35 (65'), then on the other end of the spectrum will take almost 80 on the largest (106').

Arioch
Old 12-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Haha, Yeah you're stealing fish from my kind. Haha! You're right about the charter boats being generally smaller even around here. The ones that I called puke boats are the largest in our area and are only 40'+. Most of the operations on the BC coast are small owner operator setups or large lodges in the middle of no where that have a bunch of small boats that guides will take out a couple people at a time on. Big money makers though now a days. Locally they are slowly displacing us commercial guys off the water.

I'm happy to hear that someone else on here makes their living from the ocean though!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I have been taking this truck apart and putting it back together in order to test every box that I make so I needed to come up with a faster way to disconnect the wiring on the dump drive motor. I had a couple of small bus-bars in my junk so I hooked one up. I made a couple of quick mods to the truck side of the box pivot where it bolts to the frame and mounted the bus-bar between a brace and the rear bumper. I also drilled holes in the cross members so that I could feed the wire though them up to the cab. Now I can leave the wires hooked up to the esc and remove a short pigtail from the bus-bar to the screwdrive. Sometime in the near future I will pick up a stock set of KH rails so that I can set up a jig but for now this will help.

Thanks for looking!