RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M construction open for bizz nizz!

Might be able to work that dozer when it snows. That's what I'm planning on, and getting the lights hooked up. And, and, and, well lots of planning on stuff for the hibernation months. It's been so dry around here that a lot of work has slowed and gone inside. Even the d11 ripper was only able to half penetrate the harden soil I got. I know you have roots, what's it like when dry? I've seen some folks have dedicated dirt pits with cushy premo diggin dirt that would make an earthworm jealous. It's funny as now I have a place for all those dead flower pots and half empty bags of potting soil my wife and mom make. And I don't mind as much when they excessively purchase small bags of potting mix. . Those leaves might be a good idea to make a compost pile, since the backyard pond fill project of mine I've become more of a tree hugger,,( the more compost=the more loose diggin dirt= the easier digging= the more production I get done!! No ulterior motives there, I've become more environmental. Oh and found a place for that used hydro oil, spreading on the haul road! . Next time you run that dump truck get some videos of it dumping, or some photos, that is a sharp looking truck.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Mario-I'm surprised you haven't come up with an R/C needle/leave removal system yet!?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

I say buy a leaf blower and blow it through the fence into the neighbors yard.
Old 10-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
There you go, I do it with my leaves and my neihbor doesn't have a tree in his yard anymore
Old 10-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
There you go, I do it with my leaves and my neihbor doesn't have a tree in his yard anymore
Lol!!! Down wind and down stream. Couldn't help but be reminded of friendly neighbors and this came to mind,

Get the Girl Scouts to help clean up those leaves/needles. Lol!!! But better buy cookies first!! Anyway--- how's the hoe holding up? Need to make a thumb for it and haul the needles into a nice pile next to house, ya know for them girl scouts.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Haha, That just brightened my day! Nice one.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKMAKER View Post
Mario-I'm surprised you haven't come up with an R/C needle/leave removal system yet!?
Quote:
due to the size of my yard and the amount of fallout from the trees, I think 1/14th scale clean up will take forever! But now Im in a toy conversion groove so I've been staring at my old 1/6th scale newbright hummer.
Maybe a blade on the front or a tow behind rake or maybe a blower mounted to it!?
Still works , all stock drive but way back when I got it, I tore apart and did some detail painting on it. Looking at it now, I realize my eyes and hands used to be much stronger and steady!

But don't get too close... The owner is sensitive!

Good thing the season is winding down. All the work and equipment is breaking again! Only one in three in this pic is running right now
Steering linkage let go on the dump truck, smoked the ESC's on the loader but the new dozer is running fine and strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatdeck View Post
That wind could have brought 4" of SNOW......LOL

Wayne
Finally a benefit of living along the shores of the great Lakes! This time of year the water is supposedly " warm" and prevents snow

Quote:
Haha, That just brightened my day! Nice one.
Me too. Good one Ralph!

You were asking about the roots and the hoe. We'll both are kinda connected I think. Dry ground and roots are a nightmare! I have much better success after rainfall. Able to dig much better full heaping buckets, less dust and the roots break much easier when moist.
Problem is, some of them are the size of a oil pipeline!
The hoe is running great, nothing coming loose but I noticed something the other day.... I swear the swing bearing was tight and had zero play when new. Now I have some noticeable deflection in the house and a certain swing area makes sounds when swinging.
You have lots of hours on yours, how tight , or loose is yours? I'm wondering if all my rookie operating and slamming the back end down has done damage or if it's normal wear ?
Last time I checked , I don't recall seeing a spare parts swing bearing available!

Thanks for sharing comments and ideas guys.

Mario
Old 10-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Hey Mario, have you considered a pizza cutter for the roots, http://www.equipmentland.com/product...83324_zoom.jpg Clamps on a loader or trackhoe bucket. I have one for my Cat 305C CR, just for cutting large tree roots.
Cheers, Neil.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Mario, have you considered a pizza cutter for the roots, http://www.equipmentland.com/product...83324_zoom.jpg Clamps on a loader or trackhoe bucket. I have one for my Cat 305C CR, just for cutting large tree roots.
Cheers, Neil.
I don't know Neil. The roots I'm dealing with are pretty nasty and large. Trying to cut would require more patients than I have
I think a hyd shear from premacon would be best but beyond my pocket book.
Haven't given up hope yet though. I might try putting a pair of pruning shears on the end of the hoe.have a motor driving a acme thread to open and close. ? see what happens this winter.

Mario
Old 10-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Got a package today from Brian!

My lights have arrived safe and sound. For the longest time I've wanted to start getting some stuff from Exclusive RC and finally I have my first custom 3D printed items! . Best part is, they not only look great but are going to be quite functional and a great addition to the pit.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well, the tower lights will have to wait till next year before I set them up in the pit. After the rain we had today and forecast is rain all week, I had no choice but to shut er down for the winter.
The ground is so saturated from all the rain , my back yard is a lake right now!

http://youtu.be/TQsDAwXSIes

I've already got ideas and plans for a pit sump pump and waterline......next year
Old 10-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

would make a really good mini jet sprint area, some 1/10 boats , the biggest motor you can fit in it, what could go wrong. LOL
Old 10-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyathome View Post
would make a really good mini jet sprint area, some 1/10 boats , the biggest motor you can fit in it, what could go wrong. LOL

I think , come next fall , after another summer of digging and opening up the pit, I'll have room to bring out my laker ship the Wilfred Sykes for sure!

But I really like your idea, there was enough water in the entire yard to run speed boats for sure! Lol

Last edited by Supermario; 10-21-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Wannabe

andyathome is on a distinguished road

now that's a cool ship, any info on it.
cheers andy
Old 10-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Built by my dad in 1967. I played with it as a kid, forgot about it and rediscovered in my parents attic a few years after he passed away. I plan on restoring and upgrading to full RC but still caught up in the construction bizz right now.

42" long 4 3/4 wide. Not sure what the scale is. It's an actual ship that still sails the greatlakes to this day as far as I know.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Journeyman

flatdeck is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you have been getting a lot of rain up there but don't you think that is going over board....LOL Great looking old lake freighter....

Wayne
Old 11-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Been on a RC break the last couple months. Change in season and crazy snowfall hasn't helped
Still gathering parts and stuff for a conveyor build I want to do next. thought I would share what I'm thinking for a drive system. The belt tension idea is something I saw Izzy use on one of his conveyors in the past and I think will work great. I'm using 2" wide rubber, 1/8 thick.
Still need to make the drive roller and idler rollers. Planning on 3-4 ft in length.

Flanged bearings and 1/4 D shaft

It's hard to explain or describe the stretch of this rubber? Maximum stretch of a 2ft length was less than 6" stretch. Lots of splice testing to do but I'm positive I can make this stuff work.

Mario
Old 11-29-2014, 07:36 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

A better idea that I came up with last Spring was car tire tubes, cut the width of the belt from the outside/middle of the circumference for an endless loop belt - no splices. Stretched to fit - no adjustable slides to mess with either.

All the tire tubes I found in the junk pile at the tire repair shop in town (freebies ), all tubes had mold lines on them that I followed, cutting the rubber with scissors with great accuracy in width.

A few conveyers is on my 'to-do list' too this winter.

Joe
Old 11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

I made this 12" conveyor last winter, the belt is a tire tube meant for a small front tire on a garden tractor.

Joe