RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

thats no little cat 320 she's a monster!!!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I agree with Ken on the proportion of these big machines.
The first time I walked into a 5130 shovel cab I couldn't believe how huge it was! you can fit 6-7 people into the cab no problem!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:27 PM

PrimeRigg is on a distinguished road

I agree with dadsgarage, the cab looks larger than it should. And the main body seems a bit taller as well. This might just be an optical illusion because of the colors you used for the paper mockup. Your wooden template seems well proportioned to the diagram you supplied on page one of this thread. So, I am going to assume that your paper template is based on the wooden model dimensions and draw the conclusion that everything is correct.

My advise is, never use yellow paper as your building materials, save it for final paint.

Ant...............................
Old 04-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

I'd say it looks pretty good based on the diagram in post 20. Can't wait to see it chow down on some terra firma!
Old 04-30-2016, 12:09 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road

Here you go Joe, a few pics with the plywood stick/boom/bucket,it does look a little better seeing it all together...LOL

I did changed the size of the cab slightly and I think it looks better now...still a big cab....the full scale cab is almost 7 feet long, just over 5 feet wide and just under 7 feet tall and it's weight is almost 1 ton....yikes....

Really trying to get this model to look like the real deal as much as possible without getting to detailed but some details and dimensions just have to be right in order to get it to look right and do this big machine justice, but building something with limited info is a challenge. Even though I usually try and build a simple versions of the real machine most times trying to keep a build simple gets complicated...go figure...

Old 04-30-2016, 03:57 AM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

That looks really good with a more complete looking machine. I think scale and the smaller details look pretty spot on. After adding handrails and maybe a somewhat realistic interior the size of the machine will really show itself. Killer job as always!
Old 04-30-2016, 08:58 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks good!! I know what ya mean with some things need to be spot on and some other things can be skewed a bit. I always just try and figure what your eyes are drawn to , bucket, cab, size relationships. This is working out to be a monster!! What is the max height of something you can load? That soda can really showed the size of this bad boy!!
Old 05-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Looks good!! I know what ya mean with some things need to be spot on and some other things can be skewed a bit. I always just try and figure what your eyes are drawn to , bucket, cab, size relationships. This is working out to be a monster!! What is the max height of something you can load? That soda can really showed the size of this bad boy!!
Thanks RW!!

The max loading height of the full scale is about 31ft which would be 31" at 1/12 scale , because I don't have the exact cylinder stroke as the full scale it will only have between 27-29 inches, still need to finalize the cylinder mount locations so that might change a bit yet. If I increase lift height I loose in digging depth which should be about 10", i think I will sacrifice a little of the depth and try get more height, one inch either way should be ok. Can't see this thing digging down much or ever loading something 31" tall, unless I want to load a wheelbarrow with it....don't think a single 777 truck will keep up!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Hey KP, just wondering if you are alright where you are or if you are in danger from the fire? Hopefully you're in a good spot and not one of the thousands evacuated!
Old 05-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

And it's not the only fire. Further south Susan's sister is in mayerthorpe and they were on evac alert yesterday from a fire near that town.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Yes a lot if bad stuff is going on forest fire wise in western Canada. Some 50+ fires burning in BC as well as the huge Alberta fires and it's not even close to summer!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

The smoke started rolling in here thick about 5pm, hope your family & home are safe buddy.

Joe
Old 05-06-2016, 01:20 AM
Apprentice

Hi guys, we got evacuated Tues afternoon. We are all safe and are staying with family in St Albert.
It was a horrific event for an entire city, and it still isn't over yet!! It is an experience that 80,000 plus people had to deal with. Everyone has endured this event in different ways, many have lost everything, some have not lost anything....yet...unclear on the next few days. The next few days will be long for us all, the "not knowing" is painful!! I can't see anyone being allowed back there for a number of weeks, and even when we go back we won't know what to expect until we see it all first hand. I have lived up there for over 20 years and it will be heart wrenching for myself and everyone else returning there for the first time to see what is gone.
Special thanks to all the many people that have been so helpful and supportive during this, we truly live in an outstanding country.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm glad to hear that you and your family are OK KP. Hopefully your home and all of it's contents will be too! I can't imagine how all of you are feeling now. Hopefully they will get the fires put out soon so that the "what if" part can be over and the rebuilding of the city can begin. Thanks for checking in with us!

Reg
Old 05-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

That was devastating for sure and to live through it must have taken your breath thank God you and yours are all right. You can replace houses cars and things like that but humans are irreplaceable. Ed
Old 05-07-2016, 07:19 AM

Trackerman is on a distinguished road
Default all the best from downunder

Man,
Hope you are all ok and find your home etc untouched. We went through this type of event in Canberra Autralia 2003, something nobody ever forgets. Thoughts and best wishes for you all.

Cheers

Trackerman
Old 05-08-2016, 09:25 AM

thetractorfan is on a distinguished road

So sorry that this is happening. I hope you and your family as well as some of the other RC enthusiasts stay safe and that the fire doesn't touch your homes.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

KP, Haven't heard anything form you since May 5th. Just wondering how things are going and if you are back home yet in Fort Mac?
Rob
Old 09-18-2016, 08:15 PM
Apprentice

Sorry for not giving an update sooner...all is well!! Got back here near the beginning of June and have been very busy all summer, seems like I'm a month behind in everything.... We didn't have any type of damage to our house other than the smell of smoke for the first few days back, even the power was on most of the time because everything in our fridge and freezer was OK as well. The fire in town got to about one block from where we live, so we are very fortunate to still have a house, if the wind was going a different direction things would have been much worse for us all in this area of town.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

thats good news Glad you guys are OK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.