RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Green Horn

avel is on a distinguished road
Default LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

Just received it!! I wasn't expecting anything as the status online hadn't changed, so BIG surprise, yahoo!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Green Horn

thercfreak2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LR634 is HERE!!!!! Tracked loader

Where's the pictures
Old 03-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

comeee on!! picss??? I understand
Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

i think it was a dream rofl
Old 04-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Green Horn

https://plus.google.com/photos/10820...LCs-auWn8PlhQE

There you go.

I need to set up a photobucket account, this new google+ is confusing.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Green Horn

ok here is the box

its a big box

I ordered two of these 28mm dia aluminum heatsinks from hobbyking, if I need to I can squeeze it down and use it on the oil pump.

The fan fits! Well if I cut down the stock weight. I have plenty of lead to make up for the weight loss. It's an idea if I decide to put together a brass grill thingy to replace the plastic one.

Another picture of the heatsink. I've made them myself before by clamping the heatsink around wooden dowels in a vise and/or using a big hammer.

Nice big ol' battery! And it fits!!! I was worried it wouldn't. It's a little long but I can cut the weight down or cut a slot at the opposite end so that the battery can slide in that last part. It's a two cell 8 amp battery, should give me plenty of run time.

Here is the battery being charged/tested with a cheapo Turnigy charger. The charger charges via the balance leads, so its very sloooooowww. The grey brick is an Xbox 360 power adapter. It puts out 12 volts, up to 16.5 amps. The Turnigy charger maxes out at 800mAh charging, so the big 8000 battery will take quite a while to charge. I also bought a 3S battery for the Turnigy 9x transmitter. Now I need to clean the place up so that I can start working on the LR634.

Last edited by avel; 02-04-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:36 AM
Green Horn

Any suggestions on posting? Text and then pictures? Or an explanation first then the corresponding picture? Or maybe pictures first and then an explanation at the end? Also if the posted pictures are too big, sorry. I tried to set photobucket up to post 800x600 pictures, but I am still posting 1024x768 pictures.

Also need any measurements, just ask. Goodnight, I'm going to bed.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Green Horn

Any opinions on this following idea? I am really leaning towards using some JB Weld and filling in where the tabs fit into the slots on the metal chassis/shovel. Then sanding everything so the tab and slot construction isn't visible on the outside. Also on the shovel there are gaps and hollow places that will fill up with debris and I am thinking of using JB Weld to "weld" those gaps closed. Easier to clean, and I think will look better. Now first I am going to do some research to make sure I don't go overboard, but the way it is assembled they only welded certain spots at the factory. Also I think I have some slag in a hollow on the shovel, I can hear it bouncing around in there. I am going to try to squirt some glue in there to catch it.

Any thoughts? Ideas?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Green Horn

The noise in the shovel wasn't slag like I said.
I was just taking pictures of the tabs and noticed that two angled pieces on the shovel are just floating within their slots. They were making the noise.

I will post some pictures to better describe my idea to JB weld and sand some of the tabs/seams.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 PM

JAKEBRAKE is on a distinguished road

If I'm understanding your idea for the JB Weld, I would prep the area first with sandpaper or a grinding tip on a dremmel. Then tape your outside edges, apply your JB Weld with a toothpick or something with a small tip, and pull off your tape before it dries. This will give you nice seems and scuffing the metal will help the JB Weld to stick.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Green Horn

I will definitely be cleaning the surface first, it has some kind of oil on it. I have mineral spirits/rubbing alcohol etc. Good idea with the tape, I wouldn't of thought of that. Less sanding and finishing work for me.

Ok, following will be pictures of areas that I really want to hit with JB Weld for appearance and strength purposes, oh and to make clean up easier. First will be a zoomed out picture than a zoomed in picture of the particular area.

On an area like the below picture, if I wasn't sure I could keep the edge sharp I was thinking of applying the JBWeld to the inside.

Both of these cylinder attachment points need cleaning up and I want to JBWeld the little gaps for strength. I'm sure thick enough paint could make it disappear, but the JBWeld would strengthen the area. Pictures below.

Another area I want to hit.

Gaps here.

In the picture below I would like to close off the gap, except where you can see the other side. Dirt would get stuck in there.

Last edited by avel; 02-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Green Horn

Now this area since it has a screw, I could use a weaker filler material in case I need to access the screw sometime in the future.

The two triangular pieces are loose and were making the noise.

This one and the one to the left under my thumb.

Yeah nothing exciting. Hopefully this weekend I start assembling and/or JBWelding and sanding the seams.

Last edited by avel; 02-04-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Green Horn

Almost forgot. Those Turnigy chargers only charge each lipo cell to around 4.15v, not the full 4.20v. Now this will increase the useful life of the cell, the con is less run time. Just wanted to put that information out there if anyone was thinking of purchasing a couple.

I bought some silicone lubricant spray. I want to use it on the tracks to make it easier to get the mud off. We used to use it at Esco before painting in the spray booths. Worked great.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 PM

topher1266 is on a distinguished road

Too bad your not close to me I would tig weld most of that and mig what I could. Would be a whole lot less sanding.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

As nice of a model, and very well built as it is, it's a real shame it takes so much work to clean it up.

Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Green Horn

Yes, yes, I need to learn how to weld. I might take a welding class, maybe find someone experienced to do it for me if I get tired of sanding.

Yes it is a nice model, I keep holding parts of it in my hands just examining everything. I just don't want to rush this model. I still haven't prepared my "workspace". Hopefully this weekend I get some parts assembled.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:49 AM

headers is on a distinguished road

Nice machine avel your gonna have a good time moving dirt and stuff around.

P.s. hydraulics is not to difficult once you understand them and if you have any questions juat ask and myself or someone on the forum will help you out
Old 04-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Apprentice

MoRockN is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the new machine!! You're gonna love it! Ask if you have any questions, I've built one and have had zero problems with the welds. Space however is very limited so plan ahead for that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you got it, a Trucker brought it....
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Green Horn

Oh I know, I have read your build thread over and over trying to glean as much information as I could before buying the model and while waiting for the model to arrive.

I'm going to go spray the tracks with the silicone lubricant, hopefully there isn't any bad reaction with the nylon used for the tracks. I wish Carson would go into more detail on what type of nylon they used. Oh well, worst that could happen is I ruin them and have to then purchase some metal tracks. Oh no
Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Aussie Fabricator

titandigs is on a distinguished road

If I was you I would not spray the tracks with any lubricant . With my 634 there is enough dirt that sticks to tracks and they are dry.
Great model to use , you will enjoy it when you have it running.
Good luck with your build.