RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Electronics tech

Electronics tech Anything to do with the electronics in a model. Lights, Radio, ESC, Servo, Basic electrical.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Talking Power out let or charging port!

I was at my LHS today and they showed me this set up that the aircraft guys are using to turn the power on and off with instead of using a switch that could get accidentally tuned off. It is a base mount that holds a female DEANS plug and is wired in line with the positive side of the battery. To arm the plane the use a male plug with the wire ends connected together and just plug it into the base for a quick and solid way to connect the power.

I think this will make a great charging port for a truck or a good plug to mount in a deck plate for a power outlet for any trailer needing a power supply like a dump trailer.

It is made by SCHUMACHER PRODUCTS LLC.

Link to arming base

Link to arming plug

I don't see us really needing the arming plug but thought I would include it so you know how it was intended to be used but the members here on the forum are always using stuff for other purposes than what it was designed for.

Pics

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 06-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Power out let or charging port!

Travis that looks like a pretty slick idea. I'm thinking that would work great for hooking power to my tractor implements in the rear. Glad you found this.

Tyler
Old 06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNmayhem View Post
Travis that looks like a pretty slick idea. I'm thinking that would work great for hooking power to my tractor implements in the rear. Glad you found this.

Tyler
You are welcome Tyler. Hanging out at the hobby shop has its advantages and the aircraft guys have given me some good ideas as well as helping find parts for other uses.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 06-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Hmmm great idea! i never thought about that.... i think i have one of those laying around too. Thanks for the idea!!