RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 55 Pete 281 DUEL W.I.P.

It's been a while now, I hope you have got to get some more work done on this because it's definitely one to watch. So far, the cab is looking amazing. Can't wait for an update.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:56 AM

DuelTruckDriver is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

Sorry for the extremely prolonged update on this build. After I had to totally redo the roof I kinda lost intrest in it for a while. But this roof is much better strength wise, just need to cut some .10 sheet to simulate the overlap roof.

Here a couple of pic's of the new roof and 1 door done up also cut the frame rails front and rear. The front crossmember has to be reworked a ton but, not worried about that now lol.

The doors are lots of work since they are made in two pieces and each window opening has radiused styrene to give it the rounded edges lots of work here and, then getting everything to line up perfectly.

Left side of cab is been overlaped with .10 sheet not got to the right yet this will simulate the look of the old Petes.

>Marty<
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking very sharp I love scratch builds, and this in my top five.Maybe i'm jumping the gun, but you are going to have the tanker to...right?

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Apprentice

SWAGGER is on a distinguished road

Well worth the wait, that cab is so 1:1 looking! I'm glad you have found a renewed interest in it. Keep at it man, it's clearly going to be first class with that level of attention to scale.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
Looking very sharp I love scratch builds, and this in my top five.Maybe i'm jumping the gun, but you are going to have the tanker to...right?

Big John
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGER View Post
Well worth the wait, that cab is so 1:1 looking! I'm glad you have found a renewed interest in it. Keep at it man, it's clearly going to be first class with that level of attention to scale.
Thanks John and SWAGGER, John yeah tanker will be built also.

The cab is gonna take a while I'm working on the left side door tonight. Next I half to get the front bumper frame crossmember redone so I can mount the bumper. Then I'll cut my fenders out of street 45's. The grill and hood will take some time to fab up.

Heres another quick pic of the cab on the frame. Sorry for the terrible pic's my camera is a turd lol.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Amazing. I have a ton of respect for guys, like you, who build stuff like this. From scratch! From what I can see, all the proportions and details look fantastic!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Journeyman

plow jockey is on a distinguished road

Awesome!!! That styrene work is dead on.I couldnt imagine doing a scratch build.Looking forward to the updates.Great job.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Weaver Of Dreams

Dreamweaver will become famous soon enough

It's looking good Marty Glad ya kept it.

Mike "DREAMWEAVER" Johnson

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11

Rims and Tanks by ihbuilder / Grill and Visor by Brian in PA / Mirrors, Front and Rear Bumper, Back of Cab Lights, and Steering Arms by tc1cat / Fenders by Stylin n Profilin / Frame Rails by The Late Freddy Gear Drive
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 AM

diddys trucking is on a distinguished road

Hay marty im glad your biulding again your pete was the insperashion (Dont know if thats spelled right) for me doing my Mack biuld so keep it up

Keep on trucking

Dave
Old 05-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

you going to make a 1:14 pontiac for it to terrorize?
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM

KW_W900L is on a distinguished road

i cant believe the detail of the trailer, every noticeable rust spot and defect on the real thing matches this one. As for the cab it looks very accurate and well done on the build so far!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Green Horn

JensR is on a distinguished road

One of my most favourite movies!
This is looking great so far!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

can you imagine having this truck and rubber duck in you line up!! i would give my left #@% for that. cant waite to see it cause this is also a great movie

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic83 View Post
you going to make a 1:14 pontiac for it to terrorize?
Plymouth valiant my friend......only reason I remember is cause i looked at that car and was like "wow worst get away car ever".
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 AM

Thanks for all the positive comments guys I appreciate it!

civic83 I'm probally not gonna build the Valiant. Hope to have more updates next week, these door are a beast to get perfect! Gotta make the vent windows be able to open up and everything. I'm not gonna worry about the trailer until the cab is completly finished. Got parts on order so now just kinda waiting..>Marty<

Last edited by DuelTruckDriver; 05-03-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I must say, I love your signiture..."you play meat"? First time I seen that, I new excactly where that came from. Very funny.

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays24 View Post
I must say, I love your signiture..."you play meat"? First time I seen that, I new excactly where that came from. Very funny.

Big John
Lol, yeah John I always thought that was really wierd when they was saying that on the radio.

Again guys I appology for the crappy pic's! I hate this camera it is useless to try to set it up. Here a very small update, haven't had too much time to work on it this week. Wifey is on me to get the pool installed and running.

The front crossmember had to be cut down almost to nothing to allow for the angle cut frame horns. And shortened to allow the bumper to be closer to the front wheels, to match the movie Pete.

>Marty<
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Very nice job on the front end. This is one of the things I love about our trucks, we put our own idea's and twist's on things and make it our own. Keep it up buddy.

Big John

Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

what does the gas station clerk say when he sais (fill it with ethanol) then the clerk sais ( if ethanol's on line) i think doesnt make sence or im retarted . and is it wrong to be excited over build !1

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
what does the gas station clerk say when he sais (fill it with ethanol) then the clerk sais ( if ethanol's on line) i think doesnt make sence or im retarted . and is it wrong to be excited over build !1
He says "if ethyl don't mind".

Its funny its like everybody in the movie was trying to bust David's b@lls LOL! I laughed hard when the old lady in the car wouldn't let her husband take him to a phone booth. He would have been screwed in that old Plymouth for sure anyway.

>Marty<

Last edited by DuelTruckDriver; 05-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.