RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Lmao watching the video you uploaded of you feeding Mr. Nutters. He doesn't want to share his sesame seeds!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:25 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Great work on the new floor, looking forward to seeing how you'll utilize the new space.

Joe
Old 07-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Great work on the new floor, looking forward to seeing how you'll utilize the new space.
Thanks joe, I'm looking forward to see how I utilize the new space also!! Have a lot of vertical space, 12' ceilings now.

Have slowly been catching up on things around so I actually had some time to put the equip,ent to work. Just dumped a small bucket of stone chips to level the edge of garage, probably going to regret using chips and not modified when winter comes around

http://youtu.be/yoN2m7SrjGM

And then some shale stripping along side garage. This shale was like dozer torture, but she did actually push up about a skidsteer bucket worth of material on two batteries, I probably should have just parked skid steer there and could have pushed right into bucket!! And my wife told me long ago that these are just toys and not able to do real work!!! (Made her watch some of what joe was doing to prove otherwise!!!)

http://youtu.be/-bDsgEOSi4U

Well the last of clean clothes have been emptied from the trash bags I used to move from one house to another, so I may be able to say we are done with moving!!! But,,,, this afternoon the garage door guys are installing the door in remodeled garage so now I actually have to move all the tools and equipment. Not looking forward to that!! I don't know if the haul truck will be heading to Marios with a yellow coat or not but she will be moving on her own. Mark might have to be my hydraulic lift cylinders (and you can even make the noise while lifting) !!! Lol!!! But she will be crossing the border,,, may just be used at the beverage truck!!! Can almost pack a case on ice in there!!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
And my wife told me long ago that these are just toys and not able to do real work!!! (Made her watch some of what joe was doing to prove otherwise!!!)
ok, so you've peaked my curiosity... what was her response to that?!

Joe
Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

With the limited time I've had lately I have been spending a couple hours a night moving and working on garage. Having such a short distance to move isn't really any different than being miles away!! Now is when I should have a set of forks for the skidsteer!!! And I'm putting ceiling panels up myself with aid of deywall hoist. A lot of up and down the ladder!!! I bought one of those portable air conditioners for big family room in farmhouse but it may find a new home in garage. I really don't want to put central air in garage, I install them frequently with work but even my cost is $1500 or so. Mini split system would be better but I don't have distribution connections for them. Still over $1000 for one of them. And with temps being in the 90s lately the garage is a bit of a small human furnace while installing ceiling panels. And just too much fun cutting and hanging insulation. One of the things I hate the most !!!

Joe, I forget what wife had to say but it was something along the lines of " oh no!? You are not digging out our basement with them!!!" And now it is " don't you have some project outside you need to use your toys on?" I have found the happy medium of being a pain in the arse in order to be exiled to garage or working with toys!!! Lol!!! Marriage really is give and take, I take the opportunity to be a pain in her back and she gives me the ability to go work/play with garage/toys!!! So that is also reason I want the climate controlled work shop!! Have the fridge, case of gator aid jugs and then I have the redneck urinals taken care of for comfort facilities!! (And or the bushes just outside)
Old 07-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Wow look at the that floor space! Looking good Cooper going to have a lot of room to play
Old 07-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road

Of to a good start the beer fridge is in !
Old 07-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Old 07-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I did take most of Sunday and some of Saturday for myself . Dug a trench for gas line to be installed. It's about 12-14" deep, a good 18" in redneck terms to be gas company approved. Now I need to dig up about 15-20' of the exposed line. It is 1/2" line, for the btu requirements I need to replace that with at least 3/4" line. About 100' or less should allow me 100k btu but only have 86k heater. But the 1/2" line is too small for volume of gass needed. And it puts me close to limit on the 250 meter I have. But it should still be doable without pulling more that it can supply if all gas appliances are on at once. But just to be sure I'm getting my gas guy to run pipe and make sure the calculations are correct. Gotta give him some easy jobs once in a while. (He is a friend of mine, usually gets the harder more technical jobs and I cherry pick ones for me. )
Old 07-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Looks like fun how long it take you to get her done ?
Old 07-25-2016, 07:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
Looks like fun how long it take you to get her done ?
About half hour,,,,

Lol!!! We haven't had any rain that has soaked into ground for about a month. Ground is popcorn fart dry!! So I pretty much used the digging bar to cut the grass into chunks and everyone in a while I would use a hoe to loosen up a big rock. Did half Saturday and the rest Sunday when inlaws were visiting!!! Lol,, was hot Sunday too!!! Had shade, water, and comfy chair. Suprized I only ran three batteries for the whole ditch!!! And had cooling fan in motor hood running. Ditch is a little deeper than pics look. But all dug out with the ex. Ain't none of my shovels that skinny!! I can say it save some work!! But a bit more time!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

should have called in the KAT!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'll upload a video tonight, mark, sometimes you can hear a slight squeal. It doesn't stay for more than a split second but that's the noise I was talking about. Figures this time it doesn't do it. Might find it in another video. It's the squeal of oil moving through the prv.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Would be nice to have a d5 or d7 with an angle blade for back filling ditch. But it will still be fun with d11!!!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:48 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

That's a good looking ditch Cooper. You gonna build some trench shoring for making the connections? Always cool when you can do something productive with scale stuff even if it takes a little while.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thumbs up Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
About half hour,,,,

Lol!!! We haven't had any rain that has soaked into ground for about a month. Ground is popcorn fart dry!! So I pretty much used the digging bar to cut the grass into chunks and everyone in a while I would use a hoe to loosen up a big rock. Did half Saturday and the rest Sunday when inlaws were visiting!!! Lol,, was hot Sunday too!!! Had shade, water, and comfy chair. Suprized I only ran three batteries for the whole ditch!!! And had cooling fan in motor hood running. Ditch is a little deeper than pics look. But all dug out with the ex. Ain't none of my shovels that skinny!! I can say it save some work!! But a bit more time!!!
Wow only 3 batts for all that material that's impressive! Haha that's a good excuse to not have to see the in-laws..."I have to go work now" lol Going to keep an eye out for the video!
Old 07-26-2016, 12:21 AM
BANNED

Gesus that looks like sand you're digging in... and you wanna dig a tunnel from house to shop?!

Did you consider at all spray foaming your walls?

Your new found space is looking quite empty... you're gonna have to go buy more stuff to fill 'er up

Joe
Old 07-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

The soile around here is pretty sandy. But not as bad as it looks, being so dry it's almost like powder!!

Joe, I'm having guys blow insulation into attic space when weather starts to get a little cooler. I don't ever plan on going up in attic, no storage, I did leave an access in case of any maintenance issues. As far as walls I am planning on just an r19 Fiberglas in walls. R19 is typical for walls around here. Local building supply store prices on 24" wide krafted rolls puts me at about 1/3 of the cost f I were to have it sprayed. I know the spray is more effective when done correct with sealing, and vapor barrier. At least the closed cell foam.

I'm sure before too long I'll have a lot of space occupied!!! Been slacking on moving the heavy pieces of equipment to shop and hanging the insulation. Been pretty warm and I absolute hate working with fiberglass insulation!!! Would sell my first born instead of messing with that stuff!! ( no I don't have any children) (they were sold off long ago) but I now have to get it done as everything from old garage has to be moved s I can plant a real estate sign in yard.

This is the digging to find the blue foam I had in concrete for putting gas line into garage.
http://youtu.be/Q45tTIadCvU

Digging the ditch, now I did have to spear a digging bar into the ground do the lil' guy to actually be able to dig, ground was bone dry and rock hard!!

http://youtu.be/4iPixn6cUq8

And digging up the 1/2" gas line that I need to replace with 3/4" or 1" line for volume to garage.

http://youtu.be/wCkf7mUXMfo
Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Nice work cooper-your operating skills are coming along. I noticed on the hard pulls with the bucket the tracks inch forward a bit. Is this normal for the models? Good videos!! Do you also have a tunnel in the future plans?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Thanks tom, tracks have a little play in them and well it's a China hoe on the undercarriage. Everything is a little loose as far as a tunnel, I really think that was just a pipe dream. But it would be super cool to do, it would surely keep me busy for several years. Would have to tunnel under 20' of an old addition, the white part of farmhouse, and then tunnel about 45' to garage. And sometime in the future that is where I would like to put a pool, or in our world a large lake. But I may be planning another fish pond that would definitely be excavated with all the toys!! Might have to make a shovel just to match the haul truck for that project. Keep telling the wife business is good and we need to purchase (build) more pieces of heavy equipment!!!! And her response is "I'm getting another dog then!!" And reality sets in by me having a detached workshop that Ivan see her coming just in time to hide any projects to keep the livestock to a minimum!! Lol!!!

Well I'm waiting on other people for bill paying jobs so today I started my most favorite thing to do!! And with it being in the low 90s with no wind what a better time to work in a tin roofed garage!! Hanging insulation!!! Oh I hate this stuff, and have the time to do it myself so I can't use the excuse I'm too busy and hire someone else to do it!!! About 60% done, and just want to go beat my dog cuz I'm itching so much!!! ( for those not understanding hillbilly humor, I m not really going to beat my dog). As soon as I can get it comfortable in here I'm going to get haul truck running for the Canadian invasion. Mario, I'm not sure how big the motor home is, about 36-40'. It's not new but only has 50k miles, grand folks only used it once a year heading to Florida over winter. But I may be able to "junk" it up a bit so when we all roll into your driveway all the neighbors will be calling local authorities about all the shady characters wondering about!!! Lol!!! 100gallon water tank we are filling with beer!!! So we'll have beer on tap!! Lol!! Getting excited to visit foxville!! And your newest establishment!!!

New residents of cooperville, him and about 50 of his relatives have moved into garage!!