RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

glorydays24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bill Signs trucking truck...not excactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter-1177 View Post
So heres a thought on a trailer... what about a polished aluminum flatbed maybe with some paint accents in there to match the truck, and then between the spread axle on the trailer a toolbox like the ones on the rig. Just a thought, take it or leave it. If only you had a good flatbed trailer. Lmao!
LMAO to Ken. I'm planning on putting the flatbed behind my scania. But now the tool box/fender combo is on my mind. Great minds think alike.

Big John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Big John, your making good headway! I really think you've got a great looking jeep/dolly! That turned out really nice. The truck is coming along too. Take your time and enjoy the build. I find I make the best progress when I get into the mood and groove. As for windows and gaskets, I've made gaskets out of thinner styrene, and framed window cut-outs in doors and cab walls. What you do is make the gasket smaller in size, so when glued over the window opening, it frames the window, so to speak, and gives you a shoulder and an edge for the glass to sit inside.

So as not to derail your build thread, you can check out this link to see what I mean about the window gaskets and such. http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=3546
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Big John, your making good headway! I really think you've got a great looking jeep/dolly! That turned out really nice. The truck is coming along too. Take your time and enjoy the build. I find I make the best progress when I get into the mood and groove. As for windows and gaskets, I've made gaskets out of thinner styrene, and framed window cut-outs in doors and cab walls. What you do is make the gasket smaller in size, so when glued over the window opening, it frames the window, so to speak, and gives you a shoulder and an edge for the glass to sit inside.

So as not to derail your build thread, you can check out this link to see what I mean about the window gaskets and such. http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ead.php?t=3546
Thank you Nathan for the compliment. I am enjoying this build. The idea of using thin styrene for gaskets is a great idea...I make a lot of things harder than they have to be sometimes.

Thanx buddy, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:02 AM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Love the toolboxes! Your a great builder! Can't wait to see more
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Love the toolboxes! Your a great builder! Can't wait to see more
Thank you so much that means a lot.

Big John

Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Just found this thread. Probably a bit late, but there are some good shots of Papa Clyde here.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Just found this thread. Probably a bit late, but there are some good shots of Papa Clyde here.
Thanx for the thread hvy 1ton. I've never seen those pic's before, but I do like the octagon pipes and breathers, and i'm sure I could have one of the vendors make some. I also love the grill, but having just one made out of aluminum would probably be a small fortune. But maybe I could work with a king hauler grill and see what I could do. Papa Clyde look's good

Big John

Old 04-21-2012, 02:29 PM

hvy 1ton is on a distinguished road

Yep it does look good. Hands down my favorite Pete. The grill, bumper and double squares give it a unique look. I'm not a huge fan of the octagonal cleaners, but the pipes are sweet just because of the technical difficultly. The rumor is its packing a kta-1150 under the hood. The phrase more power than god comes to mind.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvy 1ton View Post
Yep it does look good. Hands down my favorite Pete. The grill, bumper and double squares give it a unique look. I'm not a huge fan of the octagonal cleaners, but the pipes are sweet just because of the technical difficultly. The rumor is its packing a kta-1150 under the hood. The phrase more power than god comes to mind.
I don't know a lot about diesel's, but it sounds like "PAPA CLYDE" is ready for anything.

Big John

Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

OK all you good people, I got my air ride, thanx Russ.
I got it mounted tonight, and thought I could use the main drive shaft from the globe liner, but it is a no go. Tomorrow i'm going to get the tool box/fenders on, and cut down a drive shaft from PMD.

Thanx for looking, Big John

Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Pubtrucker_Germany is on a distinguished road

Hi John,

there is only one I can say: WOW
Great job
Old 04-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubtrucker_Germany View Post
Hi John,

there is only one I can say: WOW
Great job
Thank you so much I'm trying boss, im trying.

Big John

Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I got the driveshaft in, and the toolbox's/fenders combo's mounted.
I love this truck because it's different.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
The Man The Myth The Ledgen RUSS OF DA LOUD!

russisloud is on a distinguished road

hey thats some kool stuff

Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

LOVE the new air ride!!! The toolbox looks sweet mounted !!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Journeyman

MACK Daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Not enough can be said about those tool boxes..They came out awesome

Keeping an eye on this thread..Great Build so far

Alfy
Old 04-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by russisloud View Post
hey thats some kool stuff
Thanx Russ, this air ride is a God send.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
LOVE the new air ride!!! The toolbox looks sweet mounted !!
Thanx Aaron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACK Daddy View Post
Not enough can be said about those tool boxes..They came out awesome

Keeping an eye on this thread..Great Build so far

Alfy
Thanx Alfy.

Big John

Old 04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

You really nailed those tool boxes....nice work
Old 04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
You really nailed those tool boxes....nice work
Thank you BRICKNICK, I have a spread axle flatbed, and i'm going to do the same on it. But i'll have to everything from scratch, and making everything out of styrene.

Big John

Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well I did a little more today. I shot some more primer and got the back wall made and installed. I just used some wire to make the gasket, and decided to go ahead and put the headache rack on since this a heavy hauler and i'm not doing this exactly like the 1:1.

And I snapped a couple shots of the gooseneck dolly hooked to her.