RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Clifford The Work Horse

Well I told some people I had a truck in the works and that it would be revealed this weekend at the show and boy howdy was it. This poor truck showed up with less than ten mins test time on it and went straight to work. Other than blowing drive shaft yolks apart in the rear about 5 times I swapped it out and never had a problem the rest of the day. I also quickly found out that a little larger pinion gear in the tranny is very much needed.

Anyways I didn't do a full build up on this truck as it was a pretty quick project with left over parts I had lying around but here are some before, during the weekend and after pics just to show how the truck turned out.

Well thats a few of the pics that I have from this weekend and of the build up of this truck so far but it will be getting an over haul this next week with some new parts that I acquired this weekend along with a few other parts I didn't get put on it before the show.

Thanks for lookin guys and hope you like the truck.

Tyler
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Clifford The Work Horse

That's good lookin truck! Where's the fuel tank?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
That's good lookin truck! Where's the fuel tank?
Didn't quite get them finished before this weekend. I need to get them on and the tool box mounted as well as finish out the lift axle but atleast it was on there.

Tyler
Old 10-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Green Horn

Trucker_Jo is on a distinguished road

If it were a KWhopper it would be just like my future build, only with a tad more Bling
Clifford if very nice. Well done. !
Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

I am very jelouse exactly what i want a work horse day cab. truck looks fantastic and rugged. great build and looks awesome all dirty.

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Good job Tyler and I think all of the trucks left the show that dirty or worse.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo View Post
If it were a KWhopper it would be just like my future build, only with a tad more Bling
Clifford if very nice. Well done. !
Well If I ever get my hands on one of them fancy KW grills this may just be changed over at some point. Just using parts that I had produced what you see currently. I also have some more "bling" for a work truck going on it this week as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Demond View Post
I am very jelouse exactly what i want a work horse day cab. truck looks fantastic and rugged. great build and looks awesome all dirty.
Thanks for the compliment and I want it to be rugged, usable and still have good looks to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
Good job Tyler and I think all of the trucks left the show that dirty or worse.

Travis
Travis I have to agree, I think I brought home close to 5lbs of dirt from the show between the truck and tractor. It was well worth the time playing though.

Tyler
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Journeyman

Well I took a little time changing out the pinion in Clifford to pick up some more speed and even out the power on it. Some of the guys this weekend got to see this guy pull through the dirt like a champ and break it's fair share of driveshafts as well as see how slowly I made the trip around the shop and across the street due to such a small pinion. I went from the 9 tooth pinion up to a 24 tooth and it has much better speed and still plenty of torque.

I also got some time to start modding the PMD bumper I got this weekend with some of my leftover lenses from Lynn and here is what I came up with.

Also as my other builds have shown I love lots of lights and I decided this truck just didn't have enough yet so I drilled some holes and I will be adding plenty of chicken lights along the front bumper when my led's come in to get this billboard lit up.

Nothing like having 34 lights on a day cab lighting it up at night making itself well pronounced in the darkness.

I'll be spending quite a bit of time on the wiring this week and hopefully have it almost complete by the weekend if all goes well.

Thanks for looking and lemme know what you think of the new accessories so far.

Tyler
Old 10-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Green Horn

Dairyland Trucker is an unknown quantity at this point

truck looked great at the show just too bad it kept blowing the yokes out, sounds like you have gotten that figured out though, it could sure do some pulling with that live front axle...
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Journeyman

Well it's time for an update to Clifford the big red truck, or as fitting as it was last night "Clifenstien" as the girlfriend called it.

I finally got my mfu in and got everything crammed into the truck so I decided tonight now that it is programmed I would get some new pictures of how the truck looks.

Most of the guys that saw it at the St. Louis show remember how slow it ran around the shop but boy howdy did it have plenty of torque. Well I decided to fix that problem a little bit and install a bigger pinion while I was at it. Got all the drive line back together and made some new brackets under the hood, removed the interior and away I went with the new mfu. Now being a day cab this was quite tricky but I found a few good hiding spots for the electronics and all was able to fit inside of the truck without overflowing outside of the cab. All I have left to do now is mount the new micro esc for the low boy under the decking and run a power plug then I will be set to start pulling the trailer and tractor around.

Well anyways enough with the talking and here are some new pics of the truck.

Hope you guys like the new look in version two.

Started stripping down the frame to get a few things out of the way then added the new fuel tanks and the mfu control panel.

Then it began the "Cliffenstein" look.

Several hours later we are back together and sitting lower as the front suspension was modified once again for a better stance than before.

And here are some pics from tonight with the trailer on behind the truck and the lights on in stages from parking lamps, headlights and finally everything on with the driving lights.

And lastly a side shot showing no more lift axle at the moment and the profile of the truck.

I hope you guys like the second version so far and I hope to have the trailer working by the end of next week so I can start laying the decking and get it ready for the tractor before long. I also plan on getting an ss-tronix wireless lighting kit for the trailer as well so all I have to do is hook up and go and everything will be hands free. That is all in good hopes and down the road a ways though.

Thanks for looking and lemme know what you guys think.

Tyler
Old 11-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Gotta love a tough truck! And that is a bunch of wires. What is the motor/trans combination?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Looking DANG GOOD Tyler!!

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

Looks real good,in my oppinion new version looks alot better meaner looking
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Journeyman

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure about taking out the lift axle but it's kinda growing on me being just a tandem again.

I'll be working on it again sunday so I should have some more updates soon.

Tyler
Old 11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

I'm liking it Tyler! Keep up the good work! Nice job fitting the mfu in there
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Craftsman

Diesel Demond is on a distinguished road

very nice job on fitting the mfu!! i also like the tandem axle look alot better. can i see a close up on how you fitted your lights in your front bumper. i have lights comming for my trailer and dont know how to secure them in the holes! you should use vht window spray tint on your windows to hide the wires better. either its sweet that a mfu is in a daycab. i want i want i want

Flat bedders do it with chains and straps,but now im yanking 53's

Last edited by Diesel Demond; 11-02-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Wannabe

pumptech is on a distinguished road

Good looking workhorse Tyler ,great job on it
Was on the road today ,saw a 1.1 identical to yours ,lowboy and all ,should have stopped and took a pic of it ,was in a hurry though
keep up the good work ,... Tommy

Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 PM

sandfarmer is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I like it as a tandem better too I think.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Good job Tyler, and the MFU wasn't that bad to put in now was it?

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Looking pretty good Tyler and much better without the pusher.

Ya know, with such a whirlwind of activity at St Louis to move all that dirt in virtually one day, there's alot of things we forgot to do! ...or maybe I missed it b/c I was lost in my own lil world of running my track hoe non stop.

Did Izzy ever bring his sled?

I do recall Izzy trying to pull three loaded bellydumps with his IH COE. Izzy's quad axle lead, Nathan's triple axle lead and either/or's tandem axle pup and the IH didn't have the traction to pull it... that would have been a reasonably good measuring ruler to pit one workhorse against another for a bit of spirited competition, eh?

Maybe next time...

Joe