RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Wannabe

Azonic will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hauling Dirt out of my basement (present day)

Here you go Ed.

These look really nice but seem to be for smaller excavators from what i can see/read.

From Frank, taken from Facebook:

" Breite 57mm, 8mm Kettenteilung, und 4mm Bolzen. Wenn noch Fragen sind, meld Dich!"

"In kürze werden die Kettenglieder verfügbar sein. Kettenbreite 57mm, 4mm Kettenbolzen mit 8er Teilung (16mm Kettenbolzenabstand). Zum Preis von je 3,80 Euro inkl. dem passenden Kettenbolzen.

English: "Width 57mm, 8mm chain pitch, and 4mm bolt. Meld If there are any questions, you!"

"In brief, the chain links will be available. Chain width 57mm, 4mm chain bolts with 8 mm pitch (16mm link pin spacing). At a price of 3.80 euros each including the appropriate link pins.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road

Kalle thank you for the help. As for the with 57 mm is 2.25 inches seems wide enough but the pock metal may be the problem with wear. Ed
Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Joe That is one big bucket you built for the WA500, it is almost like a sawdust bucket they use at sawmills. Here is the lift of my 980

Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Ed, being I don't do facebook, the link does nothing for me.

Thanx Kalle for posting them up. I added the english script... 5.80E = $5.15cdn Strength & durability could be an issue... my tracks can get quite clogged with moist clay - you've seen what I've done to an output shaft b/c of jammed material.

HOLY SMOKES GREG!!! your loader is a BEAST!!!

Joe
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Ed, being I don't do facebook, the link does nothing for me.

Thanx Kalle for posting them up. I added the english script... 5.80E = $5.15cdn Strength & durability could be an issue... my tracks can get quite clogged with moist clay - you've seen what I've done to an output shaft b/c of jammed material.

HOLY SMOKES GREG!!! your loader is a BEAST!!!
Yes, strength could be an issue, but i actually dont think these are for the Vario machines, the pitch doesnt seem to be the same as the plastic ones, but maybe a new sprocket and idler is up, i dont know if Frank has an smaller 1:14 excavator on the way or what but we will see, i have sent Frank an mail about it, ill let you know when he reply me!

Driving in moist clay you will get your tracks clogged, it doesnt work like on 1:1 machines where the clay/dirt will fall off more easy, i dont think you can get away from clogging on our machines. I dont think they are made for going in wet areas either, even tho i do it becuse its great fun! If they had been mjade for taking on wet/watery areas the motors should have been in the center of the undercarrige.

Ohh well, i would love metal tracks for my 470 if not to high priced, just for the scale of it!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:49 PM

catmack is on a distinguished road

Azonic, are you wanting to replace all the components for a metal undercarriage on your 470 or are you wanting just chains and pads?...I think the new tracks look great for detail especially, I agree on the durability though.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM
BANNED

Kalle, Frank does have a new track hoe in the works, as he told me a few days ago (no pics though)

Bauma Fair / Show in Munich it´s the worlsd biggest show for construction machines and equipment. There on the Komatsu both should my latest upgraded wheelloader the WA500-7 and the brandnew excavator PC 490-10 be ready. This whill be a hard work to get both models finshed.

Yes Kalle, very true, the dirt can't be scaled down to 14th density.

Joe
Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmack View Post
Azonic, are you wanting to replace all the components for a metal undercarriage on your 470 or are you wanting just chains and pads?...I think the new tracks look great for detail especially, I agree on the durability though.
No, the undercarrige is all metal on my 470, only the track link and pad are plastic and thats what i want to change, yes durability would be a problem with these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Kalle, Frank does have a new track hoe in the works, as he told me a few days ago (no pics though)

Bauma Fair / Show in Munich it´s the worlsd biggest show for construction machines and equipment. There on the Komatsu both should my latest upgraded wheelloader the WA500-7 and the brandnew excavator PC 490-10 be ready. This whill be a hard work to get both models finshed.

Yes Kalle, very true, the dirt can't be scaled down to 14th density.
Ohh really, thats cool!

Will be nice to see some pics of that one, i guess it wont have the same weight as ours due to the tracks beeing pot/die cast tracks, really cool anyway!

Nope, too bad we cant have everything!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 AM
BANNED

Made a movie of the WA500 loading lumps at the beginning, GOSH! another 3 inches lift would make a great bit of difference Greg. The length of my loader arms are 9 inches, what's your's?

Near the end of the movie the loader is pushing up "fines", I thought those fatter tires would have floated better than the originals... not much difference though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBRlXIMqhs

Joe
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Loader arms on the 980 ( Boom pin > pin ) 10 inches

greg
Old 03-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Journeyman

tracksntreadslou is on a distinguished road

Joe ..What rumors have you heard about NEW Dozers ..Come on "details " if you have some ..lol

The Kamatsu Looks good with the new boots and Bucket ..The wider tire may give you a little less traction due to less psi for surface area ..Probably not noticable on this scale though ..lol..I have a complete set of six as well ..Thinking i may swap out the mamoth tires off the Hitachi ADT

Joe thinking about that exta line on the scaleart track loader pump ..Years ago i bought a Complete Graupner set up..On the bottom of the pump there is a very small hole ...too small for a fitting or any type of connection ..the pump is in my adt now ..When i ues it there is always a few small drips that come out of that hole ..nothing signicant ..never had it apart though ..always wondered why
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Perhaps it won't be long and Frank will start on a dozer? He's got some pretty good track drives already. On his home page is a video link to a tracked dump truck that he is showing off. It looks pretty interesting.

http://www.fumotec.de/videos/raupendumper/index.php
Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 PM
BANNED

Here's one of them Lou, still in the drawing works though... like the other two.

http://www.modell-baustelle.de/index...&threadID=5983

I found out what the 3rd hole was for - some oil gets under the gears & will travel down the drive shaft with the pressure it creates within the chamber, which is where that hole go to.

Yeah Nathan, Frank seems to be really cranking out the new models lately, about one a year... who knows.

Joe
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM

mog is on a distinguished road

thanks Joe. if you get a tig welder let me know and i will come help you get going and set you up. you can tig off of a D/C stick welder i bet you got one of them. i loving the snow it's snowing right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 AM
BANNED

I'll probably take you shopping with me so I get exactly what I need Martin.

Well, Spring can't be more than 2 or 3 weeks away... getting ready to some serious hauling out of my basement this summer, got a mountain of fines that need to go! Gonna have to move at least 4 cu yd out this yr!

Pup the same size as the trk.

Got to make some repairs on the trk too.

Waiting on goodies from Tower Hobbies & IHSteve to get this rig working asap!

Joe
Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-I have been following your thread like everyone else and it looks like you have plenty of work to do come spring. I will be anxious to see the D9 working outside. That is some machine!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Stuff is on a distinguished road

Should be an interesting year again Joe!! snow drifts are up to the hood of the truck in places out here! they saying we might get another flood year I really hope we don't!! I like my home where it is, not washed into the USA!

It shows you really work your equipment! never seen an axle give like that! but then never seen one haul so much dirt! lol
Subscribe!!
My Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

Joe that pup gives me ideas! I like the way you used un used frame rails.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:13 AM

cmt643 is on a distinguished road

I have just one question on my PC the dump body for you trailer looks like it is plastic and if it is plastic then would it stand up the the weight of the dirt that you haul.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
BANNED

Thanx Tom... look for it some time in later June, when my machine shed is emptied out, I'll start doing some landscaping in there.

Not too bad around here Dean, about avg, just hoping it doesn't melt too fast, get an even soak everywhere.

This is the 2nd axle tlt to break this winter (the white GL was last month), alot of weight on that front axle & it's always the right that hits the bottom of the ramp 1st... I asked RC4WD if they had a metal one, they said no - only the rear non steering. I got a couple of spares to used up yet.

cmt643, yes it is plastic. The trk has probably hauled around & out of the basement more than 10 cubes. The belly dump trl is plastic, trap doors are 20 ga steel & has been in regular use since 2005.

Joe