RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 07-14-2015, 08:06 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Is there crop insurance for something like that?
Old 07-14-2015, 08:34 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

There is... but the premiums are ridiculously expensive & I rarely get such weather, so I have no insurance for immediate compensation.

I'm involved with a different gov't program that I can seek compensation from, 2 or 3 yrs from now... so I'm not totally screwed.

Joe
Old 07-14-2015, 10:53 PM
BANNED

On a brighter note, I got a goody box from my buddy Frank today, several little mini projects to get cracking at.

Joe
Old 07-15-2015, 11:08 AM
Apprentice

liftmys10 is on a distinguished road

Niceee! !! Looks.like you got your work cut out for you.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:44 PM
BANNED

Yes indeed Shawn, got a few little projects to get after, for sure.

This past week I loaded the deck trl a couple more times to get the last dirt cleaned up in front of house... round about 10cy was there by the end of April & started moving it right after spring planting May 22nd.

The last couple of cubes at the back of shop (north end), still needs more dirt to elevate the grade, probably won't happen this yr.

Anyways... moving back inside, out of the elements & the bugs!!! YAY!!!

Here's the official start of the Lil Big Dig tunnel project.

For now, the dug dirt will be dumped & levelled into the north end of lean-to to level the grade, as it drops a little over a foot at the north end... short haul!

If I recall my calculations from last yr correctly, this other back room needs just over 20cy to bring it up to level with the cement of the middle room. Pretty much all the dirt from the tunnel will fill these two rooms, won't be much to haul out, if any.

Joe
Old 07-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Great to see the new project has begun! it's been an exciting year for the rc construction site forum and great to see so many getting into it
The first tunnel build.... Only seems appropriate that you would be the pioneer and spearhead this new RC endeavour Joe.
I got my popcorn ready and looking forward to the next couple months / years ? might be a short haul but it's still gonna be RC epic!
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM
BANNED

I was measuring outside between house & lean-to this morning, tunnel will be about 11ft in length x 5ft width x 7ft height = 14.26cy + elevated grade to ground level inside lean-to, maybe another 10cy.

I hope I can it make it last 2-3 yrs Mario, cause after this I don't know what I'll do for another dirt work project, not indoors anyway.

Joe
Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM

calum_scania is on a distinguished road

Joe this is brilliant! I can not wait to see your progress keep up the good work

Calum
Old 07-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Hi joe-another great project. This should be fun to watch!! I'm not real clear on how the direction and lay-out of the tunnel will be but I am sure it will become clear as you get into it. You said all the dirt will stay inside. That should be some short trips for dumping and save on batteries. I will be watching.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:44 PM
BANNED

I had my 1st ever visitor from the forum at my farm last week, tracks&treadslou stopped by while visiting his son a few hrs away.

Lou showed me this great photo trick using the camera on my IPhone for a panoramic shot.

Basically Tom I'm going straight south 11ft to where I come out in the basement just behind the water heater, numerous vids in the past, "Digging out under West Porch" & others.

This is what I've gotten done in the last week, hole is 14" deep x 5ft wide & approx. 4ft long.

The pile in the back smoothed out with the dozer...

Over the weekend I was trying to fit these packer wheels to the 4206... I got these from IHSteve about a yr ago.

...I was originally going to mount them on the Fumotec WA 500 loader, that I haven't built yet, the axle profile is a wee bit different, so I have to machine 12mm width collar so I can position the cleaner bar exactly so... got one wheel mounted so far, hopefully get some time this week to get the other three buttoned up & get busy packing.

I got this drawbar packer from Dieselchopper last October while attending the Model Engineering show in Estevan. I tried to pull it with the 4206 with just rubber tires & it just sat & spun, the packer is that heavy to pull. Now with 10# packer wheel on each corner, should be no problem!

Anyways, about a month away from harvest, lots of hail from mid June to mid July creating delays, but lots to do to get ready. Plus I don't want dirt piles in the electrician's way while he installs lights & plugins, hopefully he shows up in the next week to get that done.

Joe
Old 08-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Joe-I like that panoramic picture. Your north & south etc. directions is what gets me confused but that's okay. I will just watch your progress and I am sure you have it planned out perfectly. Could you explain a little about how the digging will proceed. I don't think excavators do too well on a flat wall (do they) or will you dig down and then move and dig down again. I like the packer wheels and the pull packer. Those should do a good job.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Journeyman

steamer will become famous soon enoughsteamer will become famous soon enough

JOE, what's going on!! You didn't put him to work for his room and board!! LOL!! Looks like your making a great start and I will be watching for more progress
Rob
Old 08-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Packer should work good now. Lol
Old 08-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

egronvold is on a distinguished road

You seem to have a lot of nice surprises waiting for us

Construction site on Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pictures on Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Talk about my table being full!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Looks like two guys up to no good!! Lol!! Shop has come a long way, should be making them Canadian winters a lot more enjoyable!! And glad you were able to secure that tunnel contract. Should be a good job for the company, and keep those Union guys running your equipment happy!! keep the pics of the new build coming.

Looks good joe!!
Old 08-06-2015, 11:34 PM
BANNED

Tom, the length of the house is east/west & the length of the shop is north/south, exiting the SE corner of the shop into the NW corner of the house.
I'll dig down about 16 inches below the cement & then all the way across till I get to the basement, then dig down to the 7ft level in layers. On the to do list will be a water tanker body on the back of the green GL with a remotely operated water cannon to keep the face of the wall moist as I dig across. I think the ripper tooth & dig bucket of JD850 will do fine.

Rob, Lou's visit wasn't 24hrs even, had just barely enough time to give him a quick tour.

Got a few projects in the works Emil & a good area now to get 'em done.

No kidding Kent, didn't take long to use up 48ft! Gotta do some more shelving & organizing.

It was quite enjoyable to be in there last winter Cooper, and now with a dig project in there too, perfect!

The width of the packer is surprisingly just right Shawn, it fills the gap between the packer drives, almost like it was planned!

The electrician came today to put in the lights... oh so sweetly bright in there now!

Hole is 5ft x 5ft x 1.15ft deep = 28.75 cu ft... just over a cy done already! ...about another 30 some to go.

Joe
Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

They should pack your lifts nicely ,Joe I'm planing a long road trip west in the next two years

Old 08-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Dam that does look pre planned. Hope it's working well now.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough

Hey Joe

Looks to me the two fellows in the photo should be behind BARS ! Looks like they are up to no good...lol

Greg