RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Old 09-17-2015, 06:53 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

Joe , you'd be surprised at how many old water line trenches I've come across where they threw the rocks back in on top . Even cast iron sewer lines that where leveled with blocks . What a mess those repairs where . TNT , didn't we discuss this before

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Well that explains the "headstone" thing.lol It just seemed strange that it would naturally come to rest on edge under a couple feet of dirt. Mystery solved! I can sleep easy now.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

TRUCKMAKER is on a distinguished road

Hey Joe, you just had to tell the story and spoil it for the DQ's, with Halloween around the corner you could have had some fun with that one! But I digress, keep the pictures coming it'll be interesting to see what it takes to get it out of there!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:17 AM
CEO of bend over motors."WE DRIVE IT HOME!"

spudd has a spectacular aura aboutspudd has a spectacular aura about

Calm down spuddy... this is a brand new building & I want to keep it for awhile.

you take all the fun out of life!!!!!!!!!

RIP FREDDYGEARDRIVE
Old 09-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudd View Post
Calm down spuddy... this is a brand new building & I want to keep it for awhile.

you take all the fun out of life!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing! Besides you don't have to level the place just a few pops to crack it into smaller pieces, if it all goes wrong you have an excuse to build a bigger building
Old 09-17-2015, 02:23 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

About 7 or 8x now Steve.

Kent, you want some morbid & psychotic reading related to our hobby? just google "Canadian digs basement with rc", it'll bring up about 15 pages of links to articles, forums, blogs, ect of some of the world's worst sick twisted mofo's imaginations of what they thought of my hobby & what might be going on down there... there was one forum that started a petition to pass on to my local district attorney to investigate what I was really up to... you'll fully appreciate then why I don't want to touch this train of thought with a ten foot pole.

I'm all for fun Scott & I'll even pay to watch, but not in my backyard!

Joe
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
About 7 or 8x now Steve.

Kent, you want some morbid & psychotic reading related to our hobby? just google "Canadian digs basement with rc", it'll bring up about 15 pages of links to articles, forums, blogs, ect of some of the world's worst sick twisted mofo's imaginations of what they thought of my hobby & what might be going on down there... there was one forum that started a petition to pass on to my local district attorney to investigate what I was really up to... you'll fully appreciate then why I don't want to touch this train of thought with a ten foot pole.

I'm all for fun Scott & I'll even pay to watch, but not in my backyard!
I've kinda followed along since your 15 minutes of fame some years ago, wasn't really thinking about it from that aspect, it kinda sucks that we can't have a little fun due to the morons in this world. But I definitely understand your point.

The stick of dynamite you need to take care of that would have to be 1/14 scale anyway
Old 09-17-2015, 06:51 PM
BANNED

An M100 would be like the size of a 5ga pail in 14th, but I doubt it would even blow the dust off this big buzzard of a rock.

So last week the right track on the Izzybilt dozer quit, I thought maybe I had burnt a motor out, but after I got it tore apart I think the trouble is likely just a poorly soldered wire on a motor terminal... anyways, it's all apart now & I thought it was probably a good time to paint it too! Working in this small room with so much wet clay, the humidity is kinda high & the surface rust is really to show on the bare metal dozer.

I got this sandblaster about a decade ago, took it out of the box yesterday & just as I got it set up at noon, it started to drizzle again & carried on all day...

So today at noon the sun finally shines... hot dayum this thing works good, and fast!

A couple minutes worth & it's like half a bobtail dispersed already.

So I go to town to the welding shop I coffee at, they do bulk ordering from Princess Auto all the time, I'm thinking a blast cabinet is a necessity & the owner says he has one that he wants to get rid of, it's too small for much of what they do... $$cheap!!!

But the rubber gloves are rotted away, no light & site glass is pitted bad... how does this blaster work? Poor your sand in the bottom, shove the black tube into sand & just keep re using the same sand, contaminants & all?

Joe
Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Air filter bolted on inside and the clear pieces in second pic are clear disposable tape on guards. I am a cheep a$$ and got a square of fine screen material to screen the blast media. But for the amount I use and cost of sand, when it gets too much junk I think I'll just toss it
Old 09-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh and I would think 20-30$ would cover a new set of gloves and covers, new piece of plexiglass? Harbor freight is what I got, I think that is your princess auto?!? I wish I would have got one the size you have, I couldn't get the frame of the lowboy I built in mine and even the dozer blade was big to be working around in the little cabinet I got.

About time you paint something!! Lol!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 03:25 PM
BANNED

Thanx a bunch for the pics & script RW, I shopped around town this morning & didn't find a thing... no light, no filter, no plastic film, can't even get laminated glass... no surprise. Just another few items to add to my city shopping list that I'll do before winter.

My last trip to the city in July, I bought a brand new hp laptop, they set it up for me, I pick it up a few hrs later & go straight home (2,5hr drive). Open up the laptap, it's asking me for a password , phone the puter shop next day & they say they didn't set it up that way... so I have a brand new laptop sitting here that I can't get into.

Joe
Old 09-18-2015, 04:02 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I know and sympathize with ya joe!! Every time I turn mine on it has to instal something!! It's hard to get anything done when everything is at your fingertips but ha don't have any fingers , so to speak !! I think a consumer warning should be placed on technology, may cause extreme frustration resulting in severe financial loss!!! Still only two tools needed , vice grips and hammer- even for sensitive computer devices!! I would feel better by dumping diesel fuel in my eyes and boxing mike Tyson than working on computer!! Lol!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:32 PM
BANNED

I'm done the 2nd cut this afternoon & it's time to cut the ramp... and my dozer is in the paint shop... great planning Joe.

But I did it like the last time, the 850 ripped & then used the Stahl WA500 loader to push, rip some more, then pushed till I got it knocked out...

Now this freaking rock is in my way... f/k it! I'm just gonna pick it by hand. It was a bit of a grunt to stand up straight with it and set it at the hole's edge.

Went & got a hand trk to haul it outside.

Then I went & got my scale to weigh it...

The red numbers are lbs ... that big bytch is heavier than I am!!!

Ya know, Spring of '14 I was seriously considering quitting farming b/c my lower back pain was so intense that I couldn't barely bend over to tie my shoes without bringing a tear to my eye... it was pointed out to me by my massage therapist in June of '14 to get a better pair of workboots with special insoles & now 15 months later my back is like it was 10yrs ago!

...although, as I sit here last ten minutes typing this & loading pics, I can feel my back tightening up a bit... it's probably gonna be a struggle trying to get out of bed tomorrow morning?! Hmmm, go have a beer with the neighbor while sitting his hot tub for 30 minute.

Joe
Old 09-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Apprentice

jack van is on a distinguished road

hi joe i saw one of your post of damp conditions have you thought of a humidifyer (bad spelling lol ) might be good for both moister and as a iv to keep ground moist for easy digging ?
Old 09-21-2015, 03:07 PM
BANNED

As wet as the dirt is, the equipment is not even moist, but a humidifier I guess I'll see how dry it gets to be in the tunnel, that might be great idea for a deep soaking without creating a mudslide... thanx for the input Jack.

Here's a vid to show the start at digging the face of the tunnel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmRU9R9mHDU&lc

I still have quite a few loads behind me yet to cut it in the steps & get the floor level before moving forward.

Joe
Old 09-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road

Your making good progress joe-A hydraulic front shovel would work good against that wall but your hoe is doing a fine job. The water line that you mentioned. Will it interfere with the tunnel? Also, will you make steps going in and out of the tunnel for you and a ramp for the machines?
Old 09-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Good start to a hopefully long and enjoyable project!! You made me remember my tree stump project, just haven't had the time but summer is coming to an end and I'm slowly catching up from work. Hopefully beginning of October I can move fence sections and have some quality RC seat time!!
So with all the equipment and nothing breaks down , how many yards ya shooting for removal over winter? I imagine you get 12-18" frost or more in that soil? What are ya planing on doing for roof support? Lumber framing as you go? Just remember it doesn't take very much dirt to collapse to crush and constrict!!! You know if you do get a collapse, it will take time to have us organize and ship more RC equipment up there, and the time to dig ya out too!!! I'm sure you'll keep it safe, just curious what plans ya got.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

It would be like those miners in Chile a few years ago.
If Joe got buried, I'd take the time off work, pack my gear and go help any way I could. . It's the Canadian thing to do!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Crazy thought Joe. Maybe a little RC buggy or something with a camera strapped on it to get an up close view of the face digging going on once you get down and dark. Speaking of which, do you have your lighting package ready for the deep dig?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:26 PM
BANNED

Wouldn't it though, eh Tom?! If only BareBones Excavators had that prototype Caterpillar front shovel, that's seen on their site, finished. Judging by where the waterline exits through the wall in my well room, it's about 2ft below basement floor, which would put it atleast 9ft below ground. I'm going down 7ft at most, so I can walk through without ducking. I'll install a metal staircase, and yes there'll be a dirt ramp too within that 5ft width, with approx. 10 - 12 degree grade.

RW, my contractor was fully aware of what I was up to with this "addition" to my workshop & all necessary precautions have been taken to keep the ceiling from coming down on top of me.

The concrete pad above tunnel is a 1ft thick with 5/8 rebar & wire mesh. And that pad also anchors to the house's cement foundation with 1" rebar that was hammer drilled. When the tunnel is done I will then add a steel door frame at both ends for added support to take care of any shifting or settling in the yrs to come.

No targets set, work at it when I feel like it... and this Fall with so much idle time, when I should have been taking off a big crop & instead have next to no crop, well I have a lot done already with approx. 5 or 6 cubes dug... but that was the easy digging.

Frost?... don't know what effect there will be... if it snows a ft before it gets wicked cold, frost won't be much of an issue, as snow is very insulating.

You don't have to wait for a collapse to visit Mario.

I have no problem operating my equip with reasonable accuracy 20-30ft away. Where my JD850 sits in the video, that will be where my seat will be till I get clear through to the other side. A 250watt work light should be sufficient lighting.

Joe