RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Euro Style Trucks and Trailers

Euro Style Trucks and Trailers A place for the Euro style trucks single and twin axle trucks and trailers...

Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 PM

RoadFlyer is on a distinguished road
Default UK Info Please

I'm looking for information on obtaining Magazines or Catalogs from the UK or European R/C suppliers or venders of 1:14 scale trucks and truck parts, construction equipment or anything else relating to the 1:14 scale hobby.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: UK Info Please

Hello,

In general I would say that most manufacturer and dealers just use the web these days in marketing their products. I am not familiar with UK dealers, but I see some on the ebay. I don't know about any well known manufacturer of equipment/parts to this hobby in the UK (when it comes to model steam engines and trains, there is a lot to find in UK, on the contrary)
Europe manufacturers of 1:14 parts are most all based in Germany. There are manufacturers that used to have catalogues, in some cases have parts of this content for downloading on their websites. The high-end manufacturers as Scaleart and Wedico might still have paper catalouges, but I'm not sure.

The 1/14.5 Scaleart and Wedico trucks are popular in Germany, but in the rest of Europe the larger 1:13.5 Tamiya size is more popular, and much more affordable too. But when it comes to high end construction equipment and hydraulics, Germany is the place to find it, and it's usually 1:14.5. In general, the hobby is very big in Germany, and many people invest tens of thousand dollars into it.
We who are not that into the high-end trucks, find the Tamiya kits online, or in local shops. Most people who are into the hobby, are modifying the standard Tamiya trucks with hoop-up parts, mainly found online from Asian manufacturers, in webshops like wtbcar and rigidtrucks (many parts are 'Scaleart quality' to an affordable price I would say. Also US based RC4WD is a popular sources here in Europe. E.g. soft tires, with a excellent grip, is one of my favourite items from them. There are further also some few driver manufacturers of cabins fitting the Tamiya scale, but not supplied by Tamiya, to find on the marked, mostly European style, in addition to fueltanks, wheels, tires, stickers, lights +++. E.g Veroma, Carson, Leimbach, Servonaut are well known Germany manufacturer of 'hoop-up' parts, and e.g Fechtner-Modellbau is a known German dealer of parts that I have good experience with.

Sorry to not have so much info on catalogues and such, but if you are looking for any particular items, probably someone here can guide you.

Last edited by Rimrock; 01-23-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Tags
catalogs, flyers, magazines