RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Companies & Worksites

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RCLogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Awesome Greg! I must have missed this thread, because this is the first I've seen of it! Really looking forward to seeing the progress on this dozer. I was thinking about trying my hand at building something with tracks. Anything with tracks, but I don't have a clue where to start. Been looking at roller chain and K-1 adapters for pad mounts. I think you have answered most of my questions there. I'm curious though, what you might suggest for idler wheels and bearings, if not bushings? Do you make all your own parts? What sort of tools and equipment do you have? I'm guessing you've got a lathe and mill somewhere in your shop. I really need my own mill! It would really help me on any project I tackle.
The roller chain K1 that I use is not flat on the inside, it is like bike chain. So I cheat and use teflon instead of rollers. It works well, very smooth and no drag, chain never plugs up. I do make alot easy to do parts, I use a small lathe and a small mill..http://www.busybeetools.com/products...ADOUT-MT3.html
I seem to build equipment strong enough as I don't ever have break downs. but if something does break it is nice that I don't have to wait for parts like some folks are having..