RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > Get it out of your system! HERE!

Get it out of your system! HERE! You have a gripe,bone to pick, Tamiya vs Wedico or just have to let it out! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO DO IT!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Smoke generators #%}^+]!

I purchased a smoke gen last year and posted my plans to install on King of Bling. TC had wished me luck saying he had burnt out 5 of them in the past. Well I finally tested it out today with intentions to install on Mama Sue's truck and had it running in no time. All was working great for about 10 minutes, I was thinking bout making a little video and the next thing ya know.... No more smoke
When working, I could feel a little warmth from the unit and now, no more heat already? I don't know if turning up the adjustment for the vibration motor to max did it?
At least the thing only cost me 30 bucks. Ya get what ya pay for

That's it. I'm done with smoke generators

Mario
Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Smoke generators #%}^+]!

Did you use that one from Aristocraft?

I had one of them running on 12v, worked pretty good for a long time.. my plumbing was too small (1/4), not alot of smoke, although just the right amount, looked really kool in 3rd gear with a light stream off the top of the stacks. The back pressure the small plumbing caused created a lot heat within the unit which eventually burned it out.

Joe
Old 01-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Smoke generators #%}^+]!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
Did you use that one from Aristocraft?

I had one of them running on 12v, worked pretty good for a long time.. my plumbing was too small (1/4), not alot of smoke, although just the right amount, looked really kool in 3rd gear with a light stream off the top of the stacks. The back pressure the small plumbing caused created a lot heat within the unit which eventually burned it out.
Just as you said Joe, not a lot of smoke, just right. I found it on ebay from a guy in Poland. Here was the video he recorded and I must say mine ran almost like this vid. I used mineral oil, not sure what he used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT-FMckFXw

I so wanted to make a video of the thing working I thought what the heck...here it is, NOT working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9N9X7BoQCo