RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

View Poll Results: What was your start in RC trucks?
Out of the box stock Tamiya, Wedico, or other 21 51.22%
Modified/customized Tamiya, Wedico, or other 15 36.59%
Converted toy/other to RC use 2 4.88%
Other 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So what was everyone's first truck?

I was 6 Years Old in 81. And cruising around on my sister's mini-bike. Our family was into motorcycles then and around 84 my Dad bought us a 3 wheeler. Then from there can't count how many we've owned. Then for the winter months we had snowmobiles, Good old John Deere was one of them. But I was 13 I got my first Black Foot and I raced that at the local indoor track. My first R/C Semi Truck Truck that I've always wanted I was able to get just this year. Then a few Stock Tamiya trailers that I had to extend. Worst part is we had an old desk top computer that had all our pics on it
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Wannabe

Snowman is on a distinguished road

My first truck is the one I'm still building! Modified tamiya. Will post details of the build just as soon as I have some stuff to show.

My Peterbilt build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Juganought is on a distinguished road

I started out with helicopters for me and my son, but that was way too expensive( after several crashes). While playing around on the tube I saw a truck and became instantly hooked. A bit of searching, I found a set of used rails on the bay, the hole's still dont line up. I have learnt the hard way, and will never buy used stuff, unless I know the person I'm dealing with. I now have R470 Scania finished minus the cab( still to be painted). This is my second year in the hobby, and I'm loving it. I have yet to post pictures, but I'll wait till the fleet is done.....
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 AM

aussierolla is on a distinguished road

my first truck was stock for a whole 2 seconds then started to mod it also the same with my trailers
Old 09-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Green Horn

grumpygrady is on a distinguished road

my first truck was a radio shack 4x4 the yellow one bought in the middle 80's, that same year we bought two tamiya boomerangs for the son and myself
still have both of those on the shelf and my first semi truck was a king hauler in the 90's that i painted up so so pretty lol and someone had to have it so i sold it and bought another one and another till i just noticed that i have none for me at this time lol
so i am going to go order a globeliner if i can and a trailer and not sell this one
Old 09-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Green Horn

Location: Up a hill above the dirty Ohio river on the Indiana side.
rcguyfarms is on a distinguished road

My first wedico started out as a project for my farm toy collection in late 2002. I found out it could become rc and the combination of my two hobbies began. Prior to that I started out with cheap grade rc's since I was 7. Then when I was 15 I moved to hobby grade fast rcs. At the first indy show I met rcfarmer and learned about the idea of rc farm equipment from him. My first tractor was ertl made rc tractor I gutted to run smoother and with better control.

Last edited by rcguyfarms; 09-05-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Green Horn

GlobelinerBrad is on a distinguished road

Well I've been into RC's since about 1988 I think. First hobby grade kit was a Tamiya Monster Beetle. Moved into some stadium trucks and raced a little and found out I didnt really have the coordination so just helped fund my younger brother as he had way better driving skills. Then got out of hobby for several years. Got back into it after I got married and have probably owned about a 100 rc's in one for or another. Last fall sold them all to start new hobby of John Deere lawn and garden tractors. Just recently got a Globeliner I built for a buddy.

My 1st rig was a Tamiya Aeromax that I got off Ebay. Started building a Knight Hauler for my buddy Jeff shortly after that and when he got the MFU I knew I had to have one. So I found a cheap Knight Hauler kit on Ebay and sold the Aeromax to pay for the MFU for the new Knight Hauler. Had the Knight for several years. Then I acquired a King Hauler and Globeliner. I've built/rebuilt 4 or 5 rigs for Jeff I think and a couple trailers as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It's all Rod's fault!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM
On Leave

Cossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the roughCossett is a jewel in the rough

Hi Thorsteenster,

My every first encounter with rc's was Lego back in the day -20 years ago I was into Tecnic's and always building trucks or construction equipment so every now and then I would see how many motors I could get into one vehicle now that showing my age

Cheers Cossett

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsteenster View Post
@ fhhhstix, I was 9 in 81 and have no recollection of that rig, I did have a couple Hot Wheels Steering Rigs though that got a lot of road time!
Thanks for posting, I haven't thought about those Steering Rigs in years, also remember Kay Bee Toys.
If you talking about the truck and trailer that had a steering wheel on the top of the trailer I still have some of those.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 09-11-2010, 07:11 PM

ranger blue is on a distinguished road

My first truck was a king hauler with a flatbed trailer