RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:25 PM

Nikaem is on a distinguished road
Default how to make a load binder

so this is how i do the binders mabey styrene would be easier but i like aluminum
first you need to go to the local tackle store or the fishing department of Wal-Mart to get the swivels and the key rings not a must but sure is easier that tying to build them

next i use a piece o flat stock 3/16 x 3/8 in that area but try some expeimenting it took me 8 trys to get to this point

now this is where it gets a little techical in the center of the 3/16 edge i cut a slot with a hacksaw

next on the 3/8 side i drill 2 hole offset to each other

then cut the handle out

the next step is more like three steps
one cut an angle out of the one side a wedge off the botton and with a cordless drill and a file make the handle round

then counter sink the holes and make a bunch of pins to side through the holes also find a piece of thin stock to slide into the slot wit a hole close to the end, slide the pin through til a 1/16 is left on either side then carefully peen the pin till it will not come ou CAREFULL TO TEST THE MOVEMENT OF THE PIECE IN THE SLOT if you peen it too much it will jam. now file all the pins down and smooth out this piece

in the end you should end up looking like the above peice last drill a hole in the end of piece in the slot and file it round
that is the first piece done about 35 mins
now i need another piece of stock as long as you can drill 3 holes in it the size is variable as you will see but it is critical that the handle slide freely into this piece

start by drilling a hole realitively 3/16 or maby a little bigger in the distance of the two hole section of the handle i realize this is a little un clear but it will clear up in a bit

then cut down to the hole leaveing 1/16 on the sides like this

then in the center near the end of each arm drill a hole and counter sink then till you get this

now if you mess up the next step you will have to start over what i did was in essence was make a wish bone

in the end tab drill a hole and counter sink each side then file and fit the handle into the wish bone till you end up with this

that will do for now as that was as much as i did last night at work it took longer than reality because i made all the pieces wich if i finish all and assemble will be more than one complete binder
will deal with hooks and assembling the handle and wishbone
next
thought you might like to see the way i create a hook picture shows all the steps to make one hook figure it was okay to put all the pieces in one pic as the are small

next step is to join the handle to the wish bone
you will need one of the pins you made earlier and the wish bone

slide the handle into the wish bone line up the holes

slide the pin into the hole you should get this

now peen it ,{ just a note on peening I use a large course half round file and a vice. Place the parts on the vice and gently tap the pin one side then the other keep testing movement. if the movement stops take a small screw diver an spread the parts open} after you peen it the cut the pin out of the center and file down the peened pin till you get this

now set this aside
earlier you made hooks now you need 2 hooks 4 rings and 2 fish swivels

1 ring goes on the end of the swivel

then a hook goes on the ring

then a ring goes on the other end
you end up with this assemble

Make 2 assembles
one goes on each end of this

like this here

you now have 1 complete binder so go make as many as you want or contact me and you can buy them at a reasonable price

Last edited by Nikaem; 10-01-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Journeyman

Mikem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how to make a load binder

Thank you now I have something else to build this winter . Mike
Old 10-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

thats cool
Old 10-02-2015, 11:14 AM

Nikaem is on a distinguished road

glad you guys like this I know you can buy them at garden trucking but I like to build my own if I can
Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Green Horn

Dieselchopper is on a distinguished road

Well done posting. I am a huge fan of steel.....will try once other builds are complete. Thanks