RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default how to fix vavles?

i got a set of valves for magom hrc that kind of old. two of the valves works great but the third one donsen't work at all if any. i took it apart and it looks ok
what could mess up vavles and how do you fix them, if you can?
Old 03-27-2015, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: how to fix vavles?

What is the problem with the valve? Won't turn or not letting any fluid thruor what? Knowing problem will help with getting an answer.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Journeyman

I well when the servo closes the vavles they to seal and will not lock the arms. And one of the if I turn it way to far Pass the open point the the other two will work and move, good but not but not right! But they will not work if they are lined up in the right position. More then any thing they will not hold the arm. If it lifts the arm it will slowly fall .
Old 03-27-2015, 04:35 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

I made the same mistake the first time I had to set up the valves.
I naturally thought the square blocks that the servo hooks up to should be perfectly square in relation to the rest of the valve body when installing and setting up servo. Not true with these valves! Through a lot of trial and error I found the place where valves were fully closed and open. And that was nowhere near square and centered.
Let's say your working on the boom function. Manually try to raise and lower the boom. If it moves free slowly turn the valve by hand until you feel some resistance.
It's not an exact way to do it but will get you a decent starting point to find fully closed and can then use trim tabs to make finer adjustments.
Make sure you start with the first section on the valve. The one that gets the oil first.
Be patient, very slight adjustments make a big difference. if the trim tabs aren't giving enough range you may have to rotate the servo coupler one spline .

Hope this helps, hard to explain.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Journeyman

well i worked on the loader and found out a few things!
1. a worn pump will mess with your mind for days!
the pump was worn the gears on the inside wear just crap
and not building enough pressure to move, cylinders with any power.
so it acted like the valve wear not opening enough to let fluid pass.

2. magom hrc needs to make the valve line up top dead center, thing that they have about the valves being a little off to one side or another is really bad when you are trying to trouble shoot.

3.i found that i need a way to filter the fluid going into the pump and valves there was
a bass sheen in the old, fluid and the inside of the valves.

4. also oil works better the antifreeze but its need to be water thin, and only thing i found that is like that is bars stop leak. an the not really oil so i don't want run it in my pump.

but still got a few questions, where do you get really thin hydraulic fluid? not online!!!
also i want to know is there way to help with the wear on the pumps,i get really tiered of ordering little gears from magom. they are only 3$ but with shipping its turn into 14$ for a gear so i only order stuff when i need a lot of things. also thanks for the help guys